The Basshead Club
Dec 8, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #751 of 11,286

Quote:
Over the earphones while walking through a city is way too much due to the size, isolation and a amp. I suggest Atrios with the Cowon EQ set at Bass.

Basshead heaven right there - I used to have a set of FS Atrios and they're some of the best basshead IEM's out there!

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #754 of 11,286

Quote:
soulsyde:  Thanks for the info.  By better i ment wider and deeper...

Gotcha.  In that case, I would not recommend the UM3X for those immediate needs.  They are amazing headphones and are on my list to purchase some time again.  The other three I recommended will be more suited to your taste.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #755 of 11,286
All this talk about V-moda products is really tempting, and with all the stuff I'm spending money on for Christmas this is not going to end well for my wallet. 
biggrin.gif

So which V-Moda product exactly should I be adding to the list of basshead headphones ? Should I add the V80/M80 and the LP2 ?

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #756 of 11,286

Quote:
All this talk about V-moda products is really tempting, and with all the stuff I'm spending money on for Christmas this is not going to end well for my wallet. 
biggrin.gif

So which V-Moda product exactly should I be adding to the list of basshead headphones ? Should I add the V80/M80 and the LP2 ?

lp2's have gobs of bass, m80's have quality bass that hits low and the overall balance is nice.  I prefer the m80's but a big bass junkie might prefer the lp2.  

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #758 of 11,286
Luda SL99's  ............  most bass Ive heard from any IEM to date. 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #760 of 11,286

Quote:
*facepalm*

Have you heard them?  Just sayin.  Check out some reviews on Youtube if not.  There were a few customers that were surprised at how good these sounded, and how much bass they produced.

*shrugs*

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #761 of 11,286
For the record............ my previous IEMs were the S4s.  I know a lot of people dont care for them, yet others think they are pretty good.  I compared the S4s to the SL99s side by side for a couple of days............I gave the S4s to my son.  The SL99s have stronger, lower bass, and the mids/highs are better.  At least IMHO. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #763 of 11,286

Quote:
For the record............ my previous IEMs were the S4s.  I know a lot of people dont care for them, yet others think they are pretty good.  I compared the S4s to the SL99s side by side for a couple of days............I gave the S4s to my son.  The SL99s have stronger, lower bass, and the mids/highs are better.  At least IMHO. 
biggrin.gif

I like the S4's more than my RE-262's. I guess you could I care for them. However, all these headphones marketed with some celebrity - Lady Gaga, 50 Cent, Ludacris, Dr Dre, etc. - gives me the creeps. They might sound fine, but you have to ask yourself if you're putting money into marketing or the product when you buy them. I don't know, I'd feel a little ridiculous walking around with some celebrity marketing product in my ears. Then again, I don't feel ridiculous at all walking around with full sized headphones. I guess I differ somewhat from the average joe in this regard. :wink:

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #764 of 11,286

Quote:
I like the S4's more than my RE-262's. I guess you could I care for them. However, all these headphones marketed with some celebrity - Lady Gaga, 50 Cent, Ludacris, Dr Dre, etc. - gives me the creeps. They might sound fine, but you have to ask yourself if you're putting money into marketing or the product when you buy them. I don't know, I'd feel a little ridiculous walking around with some celebrity marketing product in my ears. Then again, I don't feel ridiculous at all walking around with full sized headphones. I guess I differ somewhat from the average joe in this regard. :wink:

Believe me I was skeptical........... I didnt care for the sound of Dr. Dre's IEMS at all.  My other friend had them and I was like.............
frown.gif

SL99s stomp them. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #765 of 11,286

Quote:
Believe me I was skeptical........... I didnt care for the sound of Dr. Dre's IEMS at all.  My other friend had them and I was like.............
frown.gif

SL99s stomp them. 

That's great for you. I'm thinking about giving the TFTAs a shot later on. They're supposedly bass monsters, and you got to have at least one bass monster in your collection, right? Not that my other stuff are completely bass shy, but yeah..

Still a bit unsure if I'll try to sell my RE262s or not. I mean, I could just let them burn in, and some day I might actually like their sound signature. Planning on getting the TF10s and the TFTAs and maybe a desktop amp as well. I'm kind of interested in the Matrix M-Stage. *planning for the future here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back