The Basshead Club
Jan 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #4,502 of 11,286
Quote:
Even Tyll at inner fidelity said the aluminum cups on the Amperior makes it sound better than hd 25-II because it is stiffer. Plus! He also mentioned aluminum is not cheap, I think.

Quote:
So, if the Ultrasone signature line was aluminum, is wld have sound even Better (theoretically) but also more expensive.

The point I was trying to make is that, while aluminum is probably a superior material to use in the headphone manufacturing process and is more durable, any sonic differences are more subtle than significant and aluminum vs. plastic is a VERY small piece (comparatively) of what makes a great sounding headphone IMO.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #4,503 of 11,286
Well,
The point I was trying to make is that, while aluminum is probably a superior material to use in the headphone manufacturing process and is more durable, any sonic differences are more subtle than significant and aluminum vs. plastic is a VERY small piece (comparatively) of what makes a great sounding headphone IMO.

Well, what I was trying to point out was that Tyll said it made a sonic difference and is even worth the higher price.

If you still don't believe me here's the link:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/most-excellent-sennheiser-amperior-and-hd-25-1-ii

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #4,504 of 11,286
Quote:
Well,
Well, what I was trying to point out was that Tyll said it made a sonic difference and is even worth the higher price.

If you still don't believe me here's the link:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/most-excellent-sennheiser-amperior-and-hd-25-1-ii

I believe you.  In fact, I read the article  a few months ago.  While I respect Tyll and what I know about headphones could fit in his left hand, his is still one opinion.  I A/B'd the HD-25 and Amperior.  IMO, there is no difference other than Amperior is easier to drive because it is lower impedance.  I would encourage you to perform the same comparison and draw your own conclusion.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #4,505 of 11,286
I am looking for a headphones that are bassy and yes i did visit the bass head club already and yes I have already read tons of forums on headfi, visited inner fidelity, read a gazillion reviews on many many numerous websites, but I really need an answer and please be helpful thanks!

I have a couple (a lot actually) of headphones in mind. I am not sure which to get. I want bass, tons and tons of bass but I also wish to have clarity. I don't mind overly accentuated bass but I also seek clarity and a clamping force enough or me to run with the headphones on my head. Yes I would like my headphones to be good looking but this is not a very important aspect. My budget is 400 and below (USD) cos I assume this an American forum right? I am from Southeast Asia and the prices are different here so I don't want to confuse you guys.

These are my few headphones in mind;
-Beats Pro ( Wait! B4 all of you guys start scolding me for being an idiot, I know very clearly the price of this headphones are a little on the high side but I really like the bass on these cans)

-Beats Studios (I hav not tried them yet but heard they are bassier than the pros. And yes I know everybody here hate them.)

-Beyer COP (Not available in my country yet)
-Beyer DT770 (Apparently discontinued but if its gd i will find a way to get it)
-Beyer DT990 (Bass is only sufficient and it's semi open.)

-Denon D400 ( I had a awkward experience with them but I am gonna giv them another shot)
-Denon D2000 (It's discontinued but is it dat gd?)
-Denon D1100 (Have not tried them but heard they are gd)

-Vmoda M100 (Not available in my country yet)
-Vmoda LP and LP2 (Have not heard them yet)
-Vmoda M80 (Have yet heard them but read that they are bass shy, is this true?)

-ATH M50 (Are they Bassy? Have yet to try them out)
-ATH PRO700mk2 (I heard the 70 Ann ver have specially designed drivers, is there a diff btw the normal ones?)

-Sony XB Series (I can only find the 200/400/600/1000, Are they gd?)

-Pioneer HDJ 2000 (Heard they are gd but not as gd as others eg. Mixmasters)

-AKG K167/267 TIESTO (Do they hav the bass?)

-Skullcandy Aviators (Heard they don't isolate well but have pretty gd bass)
-Skullcandy Mixmasters (They aren't exactly very comfortable becos of the shallow cup)

-Sennheiser Amperior (Most of u are gonna recommend this like how u guys are gonna say the m50s are the best but I would like a fair comparison to the others)
-Sennheiser Momentum (Are the Bassy enuf?)

-Phillips Fidelio L1 (Not available yet in my country but Tyll at innerfidelity say they are good but not a bass head can, are the Bassy enuf)

-B and W P5 heard they are quite Bassy.

-Aiaiai TMA-1 (Have yet to try them out)

-AKG K550/551 (Have yet to try them out)

-Logic3 P200 (Bass is pretty good but have yet to compare it with others)
-Logic3 T250 an T350 (Have yet to try them)

I am gonna head down to my local store to do some tryouts and comparison but I want Ur opinions. I am going to use the Beats Pro as the standard for the amount and the quality of bass. Please point out to me those headphones I mentioned that are not up to the Pros standard (in terms of bass) and feel free to suggest other headphones with good bass too!

I mainly listen to Pop, house, but don't bother abt the music I want gd bass.

FYI if like headphone X has much better quality bass but fall short in terms of quantity when compared to the Pros, please tell me.

And, I wld be using these phones to study commute and exercise

Thanks for the help! It's much appreciated.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #4,509 of 11,286
Quote:
In the m-100, I feel the bass impact but not nearly as much compared to the lp, is that how they are? On the other hand with my cmoy amp, the bass comes out twice as much compared to my htc evo 3d

Quote:
I ordered my m100's and my E11 yesterday. I hope I'm able to feel the bass if not they will be going back just like the pioneers lol

The M-100 has a much more balanced sound with audiophile-quality mids and highs.  The bass still packs a serious punch, especially with an E11, but bass doesn't overwhelm the mids or have recessed highs like the LP or similar basshead cans.  I was listening to Kesha earlier with Vamp + M100 and the bass hits hard.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #4,511 of 11,286
Thats tough cuz the FXZ200 is so unique for an iem, and comparing IEMs with fullsized cans is not really fair, but...

The soundstage is a little smaller than the M100 but presentation is much nicer. People keep mentioning it but the FXZ200 really do sound like mini 2.1 system in your ears. The bass is so powerful and extends crazy deep. Deeper than M100 for sure. Impact is less on the FXZ200 but not by a lot, and that's because the bass is polite to the rest of the spectrum. Highs roll off similarly to the M100 but the M100 has better detail in the highs. Mids are not laidback. Not forward either. Hard for me to explain, but the strong bass doesn't recess the mids or highs whatsoever. I think it has to do with the dedicated subwoofer driver, but its actually really amazing.

I haven't had enough time with the 200s yet Nor are they fully burnt in. so ill come back for a more detailed comparison

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #4,512 of 11,286
Quote:
I ordered my m100's and my E11 yesterday. I hope I'm able to feel the bass if not they will be going back just like the pioneers lol

If you felt that the HDJ-2000 has little clarity and satisfactory bass, you're probably going to feel differently about the LP2. It's much bassier and has less quality.

Edit: I realized that you were talking about the M-100, and not the LP2. Hope you find what you want with the M-100. 
smile.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #4,513 of 11,286
Quote:
Thats tough cuz the FXZ200 is so unique for an iem, and comparing IEMs with fullsized cans is not really fair, but...

The soundstage is a little smaller than the M100 but presentation is much nicer. People keep mentioning it but the FXZ200 really do sound like mini 2.1 system in your ears. The bass is so powerful and extends crazy deep. Deeper than M100 for sure. Impact is less on the FXZ200 but not by a lot, and that's because the bass is polite to the rest of the spectrum. Highs roll off similarly to the M100 but the M100 has better detail in the highs. Mids are not laidback. Not forward either. Hard for me to explain, but the strong bass doesn't recess the mids or highs whatsoever. I think it has to do with the dedicated subwoofer driver, but its actually really amazing.

I haven't had enough time with the 200s yet Nor are they fully burnt in. so ill come back for a more detailed comparison

i really want to try the 200'son my E11, they are next on my list if the m100's dont workout. Please come back for another comparision when you get a chance
Quote:
If you felt that the HDJ-2000 has little clarity and satisfactory bass, you're probably going to feel differently about the LP2. It's much bassier and has less quality.

In all honesty the pioneers was a good overall sounding headphone i wash i had the ability to listen to then with an amp before i returned them.hopefully my m100's will satisfy my lol

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #4,514 of 11,286
Hello,

I came across this website looking for bass headphones. I read a couple of threads and feel like the Sony MDR-XB1000 & FiiO E11 would be a good combo. Just wanted a opinion or two before I buy. Also I can spend a little more money on the amp is there a better one (E07K or e17?).

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #4,515 of 11,286
Hello,

I came across this website looking for bass headphones. I read a couple of threads and feel like the Sony MDR-XB1000 & FiiO E11 would be a good combo. Just wanted a opinion or two before I buy. Also I can spend a little more money on the amp is there a better one (E07K or e17?).
What bass do you want? Fast hard hitting bass or deep tight rumbling bass? Oh, and a better amp would be the ZO2, or better yet, the Fiio E11 going into the ZO2. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back