The Basshead Club
Apr 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #1,652 of 11,286
Agreed, I tried taking my friends Hifiman RE-0's to town, and they didn't wanna go.......it was quite disappointing.

EDIT: To clarify, the RE-0's have no bass, pretty much no matter what you do.

Quote:
The zo2 will give you a warmer and much more bass satisfaction.
I can make my least bass earphones, into the bassiest things I've heard lol.
Well as long as the earphones are capable!

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #1,653 of 11,286
As far as the bass goes, there is nothing I have ever heard render bass with such authority as the MG6Pro. Is is profound. I sold my Ultrasone Pro 900 immediately after getting them. They hit so hard, and so low, that if the sound were live, it would be joggling my vision. The ES5 can't even come close to it in bass quantity. I would recommend the MG6Pro if you're in to electronic music, Dubstep, Hip-Hop, etc.. However, you want that live air feel? That bass that will suppress your breathing it hits your chest so hard? The MG6Pro will do it. The closest thing I've heard to it is a state-of-the-art 250,000 watt sound system at a club with tuned sub cabinets that shake every last thing in your body with powerful tight bass. And with the MG6Pro being a true dynamic stage monitor, they can play LOUD if the occasion calls. They will hit a level that any of my other headphones would have crapped out long ago. - Not my words but I agree!

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #1,657 of 11,286

Quote:
throw all those wannabe earphones and get a pair

Even if I sold all my earphones, and all my headphones, and all my amps, and possibly even my sound card, i still wouldn't get to $900.

So long story short:
No. Never will i buy a set of $900 earphones, that's just silly (at least for me)

I could buy a car at that price - and most probably will in the future :wink:

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #1,658 of 11,286

BOOOOOOOO
Quote:
Even if I sold all my earphones, and all my headphones, and all my amps, and possibly even my sound card, i still wouldn't get to $900.

So long story short:
No. Never will i buy a set of $900 earphones, that's just silly (at least for me)

I could buy a car at that price - and most probably will in the future :wink:

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #1,661 of 11,286
This song broke my concentration for a solid three minutes so I thought I should share it :)

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #1,663 of 11,286
I actually know someone that maxes the E17 boost on his pair of Thunderpants and loves it. I listened to it and it's super fun. I was extremely surprised that the Thunderpants just took the boost in stride and didn't just get flabby and bad. 

Quote:
Just messed around with the bass boost on my E17. On max boost it just get out of control. Still, it is kind of fun, until I get a headache anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back