The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Jun 11, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #708 of 1,853

Just note that I don't THINK Focal headphones are "basshead" nor bass-tilted headphones as far as I'm aware... (in case you are looking for a bassy headphone...)

The Focal Spirit One is brand new that they write in the fashion balanced sounding for on-the-go listening with reinforced bass and neutral mids and highs. This is the bassiest Focal yet, just wondering exactly how bassy. :)

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #709 of 1,853
Maybe you guys here can help me out. I have a Digizoid ZO2(.3) that I received in a trade a while back, but, as much as I like the bass boost it provides, I want to get an AlgoRythm Picollo from Cypher Labs to pair with my AK120 that should be arriving on Thursday. So, I want to sell the Digizoid, and on their site it says retail is $119, but everywhere else I find it, including the classifieds here, it's selling used for $200+. Any idea on what a fair price would be for me to sell this at? It comes with all accessories, manuals, and original box and works flawlessly and is in perfect condition. 

I really want to sell it as quick as possible, or possibly trade it for another amp, some cans, or some IEMs or interconnects for my AK120 and an amp. I also want to have it posted by tomorrow..

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #710 of 1,853
Maybe you guys here can help me out. I have a Digizoid ZO2(.3) that I received in a trade a while back, but, as much as I like the bass boost it provides, I want to get an AlgoRythm Picollo from Cypher Labs to pair with my AK120 that should be arriving on Thursday. So, I want to sell the Digizoid, and on their site it says retail is $119, but everywhere else I find it, including the classifieds here, it's selling used for $200+. Any idea on what a fair price would be for me to sell this at? It comes with all accessories, manuals, and original box and works flawlessly and is in perfect condition. 

I really want to sell it as quick as possible, or possibly trade it for another amp, some cans, or some IEMs or interconnects for my AK120 and an amp. I also want to have it posted by tomorrow..

I've bought and sold three ZO's now and never paid or sold for over $80. That said, these are not plentiful and are being replaced with the new model so value may be higher........but I think it will take time to get a price over $100. Just my opinion. I still have one and will keep it for double amping at times.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #711 of 1,853
Okay, thanks for the feedback man. I appreciate it. I just wanted to figure a fair price to sell it at.

Jun 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #712 of 1,853
  i just purchased the  jvc sz 2000's as im new to the scene anyonbody have any reccomendations for a good amp in the 100-200$ range? ill be using playing music on my galaxy note 2 and my dell laptop, also do i need a dac aswell? also looking for some replacement pads.

ive never actually tried out the sz2000 mind you, but as i recall theyre supposed to be pretty efficient by themselves. if you dont necessarily WANT an amp, id wait and see what the cans sound like without an amp first. unless ofcourse you want a new toy, in which case i can recommend the e11. its a fine amp and its just so small it makes it really portable, barely weighs anything either. does it have to be a fiio?

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #714 of 1,853

They don't make them anymore..

Are you sure you want to get rid of it?!

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #715 of 1,853
Yeah, I'm sure. I don't use it at all anymore. I got an AK120 from the classifieds and I wanna pick up the new Cypher Labs AlgoRythm Picollo to pair with it. Selling this would get me some funds towards that purchase. I've seen them going for $250+ lately, but they only retailed at $119.. Guess demand is high. I hop I can find someone interested.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #716 of 1,853
Here's my thoughts on the HE 4 and LCD 2 Fazor for EDM

anyways. Leveing matching the two headphones... using a nice EDM track, I find the LCD 2 REALLY lacks the "GRUNT" of the HE 4 sub bass [but that's from the roll off of the Fazor] 

the vocal samples on the track sound pretty real on the LCD 2 

track here was Liquid Strangers "destroy him my robots" 

the HE 4 out did the LCD 2 Fazor on this track, a lot of Bass Sweeps and a pretty aggressive over laying track, the HE 4 does the "wobble Crunch" better as well... has to be that Linear Sub Bass  :/ and upper mids, yea spectural for the track shows the "Wobble Crunch"  the "crunch" or the real aggressive edge over top the bass is around 1.6k-2k hrz,

anad the BIG Bass sweep in the middle of the song goes to the HE 4, the vocals how ever sounded better with the LCD 2

moving onto another EDM track The Verdict Part 2 by Shadow Child 

mmm that sub bass is still pretty nice for this track on the LCD 2, nice and deeeeep, good tactility on the mids as well... and mmmmm that bass... I migth be liking the LCD 2 Fazor a bit much, the driver is pretty fraking huge, also here's a new detail in the track I've never heard before :D 

SWITCH TIME 

wow... the HE 4 sounds a lot different in the mids from the LCD 2, it's pretty glaring in this track, it also sounds a smidge "quiter" due to a little less central and lower mids, and oh... mai that drop... digs a little harder and deeper, but the decay notes or REALLY low ending trails for this bass track aren't as clear as on the LCD 2, and I hear that "new detail" on the HE 4 as well, it's a little easier to miss on the HE 4 than the LCD 2 

SWITCH, same track LCD 2 again, and ugh man those MIDS ARE FREAKING forward, treble is taken back a step, as are upper mids, still though for this Slower, more Nu House, or Deep House track the LCD 2 did out shine the HE 4 

On to Liquid Strangers "Black Out" it's a slower DubStep Tune with more vocals 

So the LCD 2 Faz, has a some what slower response to left and right seperation,  opening bass dropped, nice BIG and very dope, the deep bass on the LCD 2 F is nice, but the poor can still can't handle the wobbles, nor can the Fazor Model hold up to the HE 4 with a Sweeping Bass [sweep from 20-100hrz] but the bass while... not having as much impact has a little more weight to it, a little more heft, 

In that opening part of the track, the HE 4 got a better movement from left to right, there was a middle vocal before going totally to the left side, it gave a nicer visulation for the track [in my head anyways] the LCD 2 kinda missed that center call, just focusing more on the extreme left and Right

how ever, the HE 4 does wobble a lot better, good tactility in the mids, and the Sub Bass also has a touch more impact, but not as much weight :/ or heft. Mostly due to smaller drivers on the HE 4, hard to move as much air as that LCD 2 can, 

so I'd say teh two are tied for this track

Now onto the ultimate for Wobbles [imo] Sub Scapes Tomahawk, this song's been giving me chills for like 3 years now,

starting with the LCD 2, the mids are nice, but that wobble :/ will it CRUNCH, I'll be damned it does indeed! 

Dmn I'd say another tie, both sound really for that track

Onto a VERY cool track by Culprate

Yellow [A Second Glimpse] this tracks pretty nuts, full spectrum on slaught here [super busy and super tight bass lines] No wobbles just insanity 

starting with LCD 2

I like the mids, nice seperation amoungst all the chaos, bass is sufficent 

HE 4, oooh the mids are a little prettier, the upper mids have a nice shimmer to them in the opening of the song, ugh that Sub Bass, hits hard and heavy for the HE 4, again faster tracks the LCD 2 Fazor doesn't hold up to the HE 4 as well 

So I got two more tracks to do,

First is Fat Jons Bracelet, this track has been my go to demo for years, Sub Bass is HUGE, no wobbles but nice thumpin Sub Bass [even the DT 880 killed this track] Also I used EQ with the first 3 tracks [+3 from 50-110hrz very linear eq] 

For the last two tracks no eq, as these are my more balanced bass heavy tunes

Bracelet- Fat Jon, diggin the big bass on the HE 4, treble's a little harsh, but it's synth so there's that, drums have a nice pop to em, there's a "metallic" wind blowing in the background, sounds very cool... kinda like a little metal bracelet is resonnating in the back ground or something! 

Onto the LCD 2 F

ugh the balance, to much mids right off the bat, meh the bass lacks that good sub bass extension, treble is still a little harsh, again snyth high hats, and the metallic WIND is to forward, it loses it's atomsphere! 

NEXT Track

HE 4 does it best

Moving onto to Kool Keith/Black Elvis  " I'm seein Robots" 

LCD 2

Mmm bass has a nice tight thump to it, Keith's voice is very forward, I'm diggin it. 

HE 4...

Bass is a little not wetter but there's a lot more Sub Bass, and keith's voice comes back a smidge... but it's not bad good speed, good flow to the song

I'd say for this Rap Track I'm diggin the LCD 2 F more, does the vocals very nicely! 

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #717 of 1,853
Guys, the DigzoidZO3 preorder is starting TODAY. Price is $225 - I ordered it.

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #718 of 1,853
Yeah I received their email about a half hour ago but sadly I recently bought some JVC FX800s so I'm kinda low on Head Fi funds. I will get one when they start selling them proper though.

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #719 of 1,853
I was just opening up Head-Fi to say that 
biggrin.gif

Anyway i dont think im pre-ordering one, i'll wait and see if its actually worth the $225 price tag. Oregonian dont forget to share your thoughts and impressions with us once you receive it.. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #720 of 1,853
Will do. I was not going to buy but I sold my Arrow 3G in anticipation of this so what the heck. Hope it is as good as the concept sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back