The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Jan 7, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #766 of 1,529
I owned another pair of these in the 1500ish range and sold it to get more experience with some other similarly prices headphones, but the w3k sound made me come crawling back =p

I was surprised I got such a low serial # too. I picked my pair up off the classifieds as a mint set and my eyes went 0_0 when I saw the serial.

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #767 of 1,529
Hey guys, I started a thread comparing "The best limited edition headphones worth collecting". 

It's getting quite a bit of feedback which is interesting. Given I think many of you, like me like collecting, perhaps it might be a thread you'd like to visit. 

You can find it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/699196/best-limited-edition-headphones

=)

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #768 of 1,529
I'm really looking into buying a pair w3000anv suppose its impossible to find at a dealer/store now. The closest ones for sale on here are in Indonesia not too far away. I should be putting up an offer thread at the end of this month. If the pair in Indonesia isn't sold I'll definitely try to buy those. Funnily those ones were Sir Benns and I could haven driven to where he was back then if I was a member here.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #769 of 1,529
I'm really looking into buying a pair w3000anv suppose its impossible to find at a dealer/store now. The closest ones for sale on here are in Indonesia not too far away. I should be putting up an offer thread at the end of this month. If the pair in Indonesia isn't sold I'll definitely try to buy those. Funnily those ones were Sir Benns and I could haven driven to where he was back then if I was a member here.
There are a few being sold on headfi - I think!! :) AT has an "AT house sound" so you'll possibly still be able to easily pick up a few online for a while. That won't be for long I reckon... :)

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #770 of 1,529
There's a few left in Taiwan. I saw a few new ones last month.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #772 of 1,529
Yeah, I am surprised too. I saw a new 3000anv and esw11ltd locally last month still. Both are now gone. But in Taipei, a store said they had a few left.

If anyone is looking for one. I can call them and see.

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #773 of 1,529
I'm surprised there are still new ones around.

I can imagine some little known boutique stores in Asia may still be trying to sell them at full price and having trouble finding takers. They are really pricey at suggested retail price.

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #774 of 1,529
I can imagine some little known boutique stores in Asia may still be trying to sell them at full price and having trouble finding takers. They are really pricey at suggested retail price.
Worth every penny to those who appreciate them :)

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #775 of 1,529
I was considering getting a set of W3000ANVs.
Tried it at my local store, but it sounded very sharp and bright.
Is it supposed to be like that?

I suspect it may be the amp pairing too.
Tried it on the iCAN, full iFi setup, HDVD800 and HP-A4

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #776 of 1,529
I was considering getting a set of W3000ANVs.
Tried it at my local store, but it sounded very sharp and bright.
Is it supposed to be like that?

I suspect it may be the amp pairing too.
Tried it on the iCAN, full iFi setup, HDVD800 and HP-A4
You tried it at Stereo? Yes, amp pairing is a reason. My Naim does a decent job but I think I can push it further. I should be picking up another amp for it (testing this weekend). You are welcome to come over to my office to try once I do. We could walk over to Adelphi to try the Yamamoto too, a supposedly good match.

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #777 of 1,529
can understand folks thinking it's lit up in the mids but the highs are so refined

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #779 of 1,529
I would say it is very clear and possibly a bit sharp compared to many of the softer gentler headphones. :)
There is some simbilance to my ears on some high notes. Do u feel that way? It somehow adds to the "spectral" nature of the sound signature. I somehow suspect this to be an amp issue. I think the W3000s can possibly sound even better than it already does.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #780 of 1,529
I would say it is very clear and possibly a bit sharp compared to many of the softer gentler headphones. :)

could understand that if you were talking about the th900 but not the w3000anv. guess we hear it differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back