The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #391 of 1,529
Quote:
one quick question.do you guys have confort issues with the W3k's?

Compared to the Denon D7K and JVC DX1K, the 3000ANV for me its not at comfortable as the other two.
Main issue is the pads feel too big for me.  The lower portion of the pads seems too tight.  I suspect these pads
has less padding compared to the other two.  Anybody experimented with other pads yet?

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #392 of 1,529
Quote:
Compared to the Denon D7K and JVC DX1K, the 3000ANV for me its not at comfortable as the other two.
Main issue is the pads feel too big for me.  The lower portion of the pads seems too tight.  I suspect these pads
has less padding compared to the other two.  Anybody experimented with other pads yet?

never tried the JVC DX1K, but the d-7k is more comfortable imo.the pinna on my ear hurts after around one hour of listening.wonder what causes the pain.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #395 of 1,529
Anyone know of a sub 500$ amp that pairs well with these?  Currently running Ibasso D12 > Bellari HA540.  Sounds pretty good out of these, but I haven't played around with any other amps/dacs besides these to compare to and I do remember when I thought my Astros sounded pretty good back in the day so I want to know how much I'm missing out on.

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #396 of 1,529
Quote:
Anyone know of a sub 500$ amp that pairs well with these?  Currently running Ibasso D12 > Bellari HA540.  Sounds pretty good out of these, but I haven't played around with any other amps/dacs besides these to compare to and I do remember when I thought my Astros sounded pretty good back in the day so I want to know how much I'm missing out on.

Maybe get some opinions ion the Matrix M Stage. I have not heard one with the at3000 as I sold mine three years ago  but when I had it it was fantastic with the denon d7K. The new Burson Soloist SL also is selling for 549.00 shipped at a few dealers

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #397 of 1,529
Quote:

I'm still using a somewhat inexpensive Elekit TU-882 amp (the assembled pcb kit was about $420 but not sure if they are still available through vkung on audiogon) but I replaced the coupling capacitors and the tubes that added another $150 to the cost.  Silent background on the low impedance setting of the amp, with enough power to drive the W3000ANV's to too loud for my listening preferences between 9 and 12 o'clock (maxes at around 5 o'clock).  Not a terribly warm sounding amp, but adds to how musical the mids of the headphones.  

I came back from a recent head-fi meet thinking I will drop the cash for a DNA Stratus after trying the W3000ANV's with it, but the more I listen to music at home, the desire for amp upgrade has faded with time.  

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #398 of 1,529
Quote:

I think the Bellari is a great budget match with the W300s -- that's what I'm using in my office. Also had success with a GL Lite and Burson in that price range. Higher end I've preferred the ZD above all comers, though I don't find these phones to be super-fussy.

best,

o

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #399 of 1,529
Hmm I had a sad realisation today. I like the Paradox much more than the W3k for just about every single genre of music I have. The W3k still has a place in my collection and I still think it's a good headphone. I guess I appreciate the more linear response from the Paradox.... which is oh so much cheaper.

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #400 of 1,529
Quote:
Hmm I had a sad realisation today. I like the Paradox much more than the W3k for just about every single genre of music I have. The W3k still has a place in my collection and I still think it's a good headphone. I guess I appreciate the more linear response from the Paradox.... which is oh so much cheaper.

eek.gif

WOW MomijTMO - This is the first time that I can remember that we don't agree.  I couldn't disagree with you more on this
biggrin.gif
   Well, we also might listen to different genres as well, that could be a factor.  But as a hole.  I like the W3Ks way more than the Paradox.  I also like the Mad Dogs better than the Paradox as well.  Just saying..

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #401 of 1,529
:p

Well there's a first for everything I guess. I like the W3000ANV based on looks over the Paradox... I'm also sick with chicken pox that might be playing with my head :wink:. In all seriousness, I really like my Paradox. It's got me wanting to get an Audeze LCD something.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #405 of 1,529
Quote:
if anyone have tried other earpads on the W3000ANV I'm all ears. I feel the stock one is not paddled enough also. thus I cant lisren to them over longer than 2 hours.

Really, look well padded on the pictures.
frown.gif

Quote:
I'm going to try a pair of stock Denon pads.  They work great for me on the ADK2.  I also have a pair of TH-900 pads that I'll try as well.

Fit is perfect, but they change AD2K sweet sound signature to something colder and harder with some unpleasant bite in treble.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/353691/audio-technica-ath-ad2000-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/735#post_9234063

Users who are viewing this thread

Back