The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
May 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #7,006 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dro...evasive just like who ?
biggrin.gif

Yup.

May 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #7,007 of 7,725
Got email from 'Cherry' saying my Compass shipped out this morning and I have a tracking # via DHL ... still in Hong Kong ...
Good news , for sure seeing as how they're probably swamped with orders at this point eh ?

May 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #7,008 of 7,725
I've been reading this thread since Christmas and I've managed to resist placing an order.

Until now.

There goes remains of my willpower and I can't wait, I just need to decide whether it's worth updating my headphones.

biggrin.gif

May 14, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #7,009 of 7,725
if your headphones consist of only the sr125, e2c, and PFE...then i would suggest you do so. However, you should be able to notice a difference when you use the compass. Just not as much as you should compared to if you had better headphones.

May 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #7,010 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did I say earlier today ?..."a constant and endless circle jerk". (slaps head).

Dro...evasive just like who ?
biggrin.gif

Peete.

I have had to report you to the forum admin pete because you continually failed to believe me that I was not andrea and you continue to accuse me.

Look at how others have 'joined in now'. You are tarnishing my reputation for something I havent done.

May 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #7,011 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftingbunnies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if your headphones consist of only the sr125, e2c, and PFE...then i would suggest you do so. However, you should be able to notice a difference when you use the compass. Just not as much as you should compared to if you had better headphones.

I've been putting it off for too long anyway.

Cheers for the advice.

May 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #7,012 of 7,725
pete~ by all means put me on your ignore list...in fact I insist you do so.

Peete.

May 14, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #7,013 of 7,725
OK so I got everything in order and am ready to buy I just want to know if I should send an e-mail before the buy because I want to get all 3 OPAs or how I go about ordering the extra 2 with my order.

May 14, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #7,014 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK so I got everything in order and am ready to buy I just want to know if I should send an e-mail before the buy because I want to get all 3 OPAs or how I go about ordering the extra 2 with my order.

You should do this anyway to be safe and get an official final quote. But yes, tell him you want to buy the compass, plus the Sun and Moon OPAs. They will send you back a final quote.

May 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #7,015 of 7,725
Quote:

Yes by all means, lay out exactly what you would like in the order and then wait for the reply.

Peete.

EDIT : Either email address is fine zeroibis. ScottieB beat us both Zhirc
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #7,017 of 7,725
Quote:

Sweet, but should I e-mail audio-gd@126.com or audio-gd@vip.163.com or what?

Both should be fine (I got e-mails sometimes from both address' when communicating with them), but because their PayPal-account is also the latter one, I would recommend to send it over there....argh, Peete was faster.

Hmm, it sounds like I've finally arrived to the zone of slightly weird signatures now (at least 210 -- 240 hours of combined burn-in). Listening to something already experimental like Autechre surely sounds more weird than ever before.
tongue.gif

May 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #7,018 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by comedian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been reading this thread since Christmas and I've managed to resist placing an order.

Until now.

There goes remains of my willpower and I can't wait, I just need to decide whether it's worth updating my headphones.

biggrin.gif

You're a Good man Charlie Brown!

No go get that Bad Azz Gear!

May 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #7,019 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete~ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had to report you to the forum admin pete because you continually failed to believe me that I was not andrea and you continue to accuse me.

Look at how others have 'joined in now'. You are tarnishing my reputation for something I havent done.

Dude:

He, accurately, calls himself a prick. Did you miss the jollies the pricks got out of ruining other peoples computers with ASIO.

May 15, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #7,020 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried ATH-A2000X briefly with Compass and it wasn't bad. Didn't do proper listening, because my (first) Compass was the original higher gain version and the gain is a bit too high for ATs. For Ultrasones it's been good though.

I did get my second Compass with lower gain today though. Starting burn in any minute
wink.gif
But for me it was so good that I ordered a second one, so I guess that tells something.

Great! I look forward to your impressions. What were you using with the A2000 previously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back