The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Apr 13, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #5,416 of 7,725
$#*&#! My two just arrived a few minutes ago... and was in the same plastic DHL bag packaging as have been pictured here. I refused to sign for them, much to the surprise of the carrier. He said that had never happened before.

So, it looks more and more like a general problem. To confirm, my two were on the April 8th shipment.

Thanks for the heads up and advice everyone. I definitely would not have been thinking clearly enough to reject it.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #5,417 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by edselfordfong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$#*&#! My two just arrived a few minutes ago... and was in the same plastic DHL bag packaging as have been pictured here. I refused to sign for them, much to the surprise of the carrier. He said that had never happened before.

So, it looks more and more like a general problem. To confirm, my two were on the April 8th shipment.

Thanks for the heads up and advice everyone. I definitely would not have been thinking clearly enough to reject it.

Sounds to me like Kingwa needs to use a different shipper to the US...this is a ******* joke! I'm trying to figure out the best way to return ship this effing beast. Probably USPS Express or Priority. What a mess! I shoulda listened to that little voice in the back of my head that said not to buy this from China but wait until a used one popped up.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #5,420 of 7,725
Wow this is totally insane! Very sorry to all whose compasses are arriving FUBAR... Just want to chime in and say mine was well packed in a full box with lots of padding. These bags are BS!!! What happens if you refuse the package? Does it get returned? Do you have to state WHY it is refused?? I understand why you'd say not to sign for it, but wouldn't want to complicate things further...

Anyway, sorry to repost this, but I think it got lost in the shuffle of all the bad packages (understandably) so I'm gonna repost my question.

So for the first time this weekend. I was using my Compass as a DAC only feeding my Little Dot... is it just me or is the DAC line out a lower level than the Zero? I don't have my Zero in a state to test, but I don't recall having to turn up my LD volume so high with the Zero feeding it. Not a problem as I don't have to turn it all the way up or anything, but was just curious. Thanks.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #5,421 of 7,725
I just received my compass from DHL... in a ****ing bag! I've yet to open it but DHL almost accomplished that task for me. I can already see the dings on the casing without opening the bag due to the numerous rips / holes in the bag. I've been waiting a month for this package and I'm PISSED.
angry_face.gif
I'm taking pictures to document everything... what should I do? ARGGGGH!

edit: I was not home when the package was delivered. It was not signed for and was left wedged between my two doors.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #5,423 of 7,725
I could imagine DHL damaging one and trying to get away with repacking it, I however cannot imagine them doing it multiple times from the same shipping batch. This makes me think that Kingwa ran out of boxes and tried to get away with an obviously inferior method of packaging.

This bothers me on several levels, mostly because I am planning on purchasing a Phoenix from him
frown.gif

I'll be following this thread with greater interest.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #5,424 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by edselfordfong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh god...so both the Apr 5 & Apr 8 batches are messed up ? I am in the Apr 8th batch..looks like I have to be prepared to be at home to refuse the shipment! Right now my shipment status says 'Transit through DHL facility in LA'.

Can someone explain what happens when we refuse to accept the package ? DHL will send it back to Kingwa and then what ? I guess we will have to wait for an answer from Kingwa regarding that.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #5,425 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds to me like Kingwa needs to use a different shipper to the US...this is a ******* joke! I'm trying to figure out the best way to return ship this effing beast. Probably USPS Express or Priority. What a mess! I shoulda listened to that little voice in the back of my head that said not to buy this from China but wait until a used one popped up.

Mine was in the same box with my REF1 DAC. It was all flawless, packed perfectly, powered up the Compass and it bests everything I've heard to date as far as small box COMBOs are concerned. It slays my Halo XT SC. No comparison.

My box had not been disturbed. That packing job was some kind of Kingwa Chinese Puzzle. No way I can get it back like it was. That tells me it was not opened.

My suggestion, call DHL, they should have some type of record that they opened these.

The question that "needs to be put to bed" is, did these ship from the Factory this way. I don't believe that, but if I had a "Bag Full of DAC" in my hands, I would be asking some questions to determine what idiot did this. I also wouldn't assume anything.

Pretty bloody disgusting, and It's a BuzzKill for everybody.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #5,427 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any way to tell for sure at this point if Customs did this, or if they were shipped this way?

The Guy who PM'd me, his C2C came the same way...

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #5,430 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine was in the same box with my REF1 DAC. It was all flawless, packed perfectly, powered up the Compass and it bests everything I've heard to date as far as small box COMBOs are concerned. It slays my Halo XT SC. No comparison.

My box had not been disturbed. That packing job was some kind of Kingwa Chinese Puzzle. No way I can get it back like it was. That tells me it was not opened.

My suggestion, call DHL, they should have some type of record that they opened these.

The question that "needs to be put to bed" is, did these ship from the Factory this way. I don't believe that, but if I had a "Bag Full of DAC" in my hands, I would be asking some questions to determine what idiot did this. I also wouldn't assume anything.

Pretty bloody disgusting, and It's a BuzzKill for everybody.

Well...if it wasn't DHL, then it was Audio GD that did the bogus packing. I'm really starting to wonder. Based on the pictures I've seen, all of them were packaged the SAME way. If all International DHL shipments come in to one place in the US, then I can see how this happened and it might by DHL's fault. If not, then what is the likelihood that different DHL service centers packed these in the same manner?

I had someone from DHL call me back earlier today but I wasn't home. I'm assuming it was to get more information from me about my damaged shipment. I'll ask where International shipments are received into the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back