The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Feb 18, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #2,686 of 7,725
Hello Kitty could work

hellokitty.gif

haha

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #2,687 of 7,725
To discount the possibility of voting fraud (I'm kind of surprised so many people voted) I think we should do a poll inside the forum where we can see who is voting. And also we should put a longer time limit so more people can vote.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #2,688 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by csroc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Kitty could work

haha[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

D@mn, why didn't we think of that before!

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #2,690 of 7,725
OMG that is the best design so far. csroc i say you take advantage of your position as designer and choose the hello kitty version as the final design. The rest of our opinions don't matter (aside from mine that is). It looks much better then the other designs with the superman-esque logo.
atsmile.gif

/sarcasm
ph34r.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #2,691 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To discount the possibility of voting fraud (I'm kind of surprised so many people voted) I think we should do a poll inside the forum where we can see who is voting. And also we should put a longer time limit so more people can vote.

The previous poll had 85 votes last time I looked so this one hasn't caught up yet. I highly doubt there's voter fraud going on (or much) and I'm not sure that knowing what each other voted on matters.

Plus I am not the only one that wants to see this end so we can move on.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #2,692 of 7,725
It'd be easy for a single person to make most of the votes, but not so on this forum because they'd have to keep making new nicknames and we'd know. Besides, voting time should reasonably be at least 2 full days.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #2,693 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'd be easy for a single person to make most of the votes, but not so on this forum because they'd have to keep making new nicknames and we'd know. Besides, voting time should reasonably be at least 2 full days.

Still upset about that Al Gore thing?

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #2,694 of 7,725
lol good joke. i actually care about the compass though, can't say the same about my country's politics.

i just sent a message to the admins to see if it's possible to set restrictions on a poll on the forums which can minimize voting fraud. i'll respect those results.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #2,697 of 7,725
Well we all know what happened in the ensuing 8 years, but this isn't a political forum, so I'll stick to Compass..

If haloxt feels there was lack of transparency in the polls, he at least has the right to express, well it did seem there was a wave of newcomers in the forum the last couple of days as the Polls were taking place, I could have understood if the most important part of Compass was being discussed - but I dont think it was.. so I think people should be able to express their opinions if the polls weren't for "shut up and listen to what I say"..

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #2,698 of 7,725
Regarding the 230V or 110V cable it works for 230V standard like singapore. I am using the 110V standard in Malaysia which is 230V. However if u use US standard cable+plug in your 230V standard, the polarity is reverse meaning u get Live in the neutral. listening to music is no difference though. becareful on live in neutral inside the DAC only. [some dac has fuse in the live and neutral, extreme]

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #2,699 of 7,725
What is mention in the 1st cartoon is a compliment to Peete for such elaborate review.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #2,700 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well we all know what happened in the ensuing 8 years, but this isn't a political forum, so I'll stick to Compass..

If haloxt feels there was lack of transparency in the polls, he at least has the right to express, well it did seem there was a wave of newcomers in the forum the last couple of days as the Polls were taking place, I could have understood if the most important part of Compass was being discussed - but I dont think it was.. so I think people should be able to express their opinions if the polls weren't for "shut up and listen to what I say"..

I agree. We've already done a lot to share ideas and create a new look for the front of the Compass. Kingwa may regard it as important to help the sales of the Compass but it's not the most important part of the Compass. I wasn't particularly attached any one design over another (I think almost any of them would have worked) and I'm satisfied with the poll results. I don't want more polls and I think I'm not alone, there have already been too many! I don't mean to silence your opinion haloxt, I understand your concern, I just don't feel this is an issue that warrants that much further effort.

With that said, here are the panels reformatted to match the formatting of the design files Kingwa sent me.

final-panels.gif

Since it's the middle of the night in China I won't email this to him just yet, that gives me some time to go over it again and make sure all the alignments are on spot (I've always been anal about positioning, even when I did page layout in highschool I was precise to the pica and the point, at least this time I get to use mm).

I did some slight shifting of the rear panel after getting Kingwa's design file measurements and also added 50% size versions of the selector icons under the input names on the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back