The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Feb 18, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #2,626 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by B00MERS00NER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I placed my order last week. I wanted to order all three opamps, Kingwa told me that it comes default with the moon. Don't know if thats changed since.

Ah, well I guess the Moon will still be default then. At least until the reviewing and redesigning process is rounded off completely.

Wise choice to get all those opamps, you're basically buying three DACs in one then.

Quote:

does the audio-gd aftermarket cable make that big of a difference?

Apparently it makes a difference. If that difference is worth 60$ to you, you can only find out by trying it.

Quote:

what are the gain settings going to be now?

I think the final results of the last gain poll have not been published yet.

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #2,628 of 7,725
The chinese in the pic with the doves and the earth says something to the same effect as "epic review".

The women is actually an ad
biggrin.gif
They (peete and the other guy from audio-gd [which i assume is King wa]) replaced that ad with the audio-gd one. You'll get it if you see the rest of the pics in the cartoon
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those cartoons are real works of art, you can spend a long while coming up with interpretations for them.

Is there anything relevant written in the Chinese script of the first cartoon? Or is that just the artists name in characters?

And what the hell is that woman doing in the dumpster in the second one?? (Or is that just my sick interpretation?)
confused_face.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #2,629 of 7,725
Check this page......jron...with purchase of Compass you get a discount on extra modules.

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

Page a takes a bit to load but scroll down a bit.

Peete.

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #2,630 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreakazoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you should let the poll run for at least 12 hours or overnight so the folks halfway around the world can catch up with the reading. Not everyone is checking this thread every hour.

I can do that, although based on the past polls I don't expect it to change much over night. I started it around 10-10:30 PM so I can call an end to it in the morning after I get up (so that probably gives it another 9-10 hours since I won't get to it right away).

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #2,631 of 7,725
Quote:

Ah, well I guess the Moon will still be default then. At least until the reviewing and redesigning process is rounded off completely.

Wise choice to get all those opamps, you're basically buying three DACs in one then.

I have to give Big D credit for that one, he schooled me about them.

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #2,632 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Earth is now standard although I could be wrong about that.

Peete.

This is what I was told in an email from Kingwa yesterday...

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #2,633 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I was told in an email from Kingwa yesterday...

thanks ScottieB, good to know - i'm sure Kingwa will switch but I'm going to double check.

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #2,634 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The chinese in the pic with the doves and the earth says something to the same effect as "epic review".

The women is actually an ad
biggrin.gif
They (peete and the other guy from audio-gd [which i assume is King wa
biggrin.gif
]) replaced that ad with the audio-gd one
k701smile.gif
You'll get it if you see the rest of the pics in the cartoon
tongue.gif

Ah, thanks! I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed now. Being familiar with Hong Kong horror movies I had expected some more weirdness.
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #2,635 of 7,725
Quote:

Ah, thanks! I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed now. Being familiar with Hong Kong horror movies I had expected some more weirdness.
biggrin.gif

I'll bet Hong Kong Horror Films would be real interesting! Do you have a Western name for one that would be a good representative?

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #2,636 of 7,725
Quote:

I have to give Big D credit for that one, he schooled me about them.

Big D?? Now why does that immediately conjure up the image of an enormous guy with even bigger gold chains.
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #2,637 of 7,725
Personally the flavor of wacky Japanese cinema (mostly horror but others as well) appeals to me more (Miike! -- see avatar!) but I do love asian cinema of all kinds.

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #2,638 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bet Hong Kong Horror Films would be real interesting! Do you have a Western name for one that would be a good representative?.

For something that will turn your stomach around a few times: Rikki-O: The Story of Ricky.

For some classic and hilarious Kung Fu-horror: Mr. Vampire (make sure to get the first one)

For something more in the Japanese style: The Eye

Admittedly, I'm more at home in classic Kung Fu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally the flavor of wacky Japanese cinema (mostly horror but others as well) appeals to me more (Miike! -- see avatar!) but I do love asian cinema of all kinds.

Yes, really liking your avatar.

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #2,639 of 7,725
Quote:

For something that will turn your stomach around a few times: Rikki-O: The Story of Ricky.

For some classic and hilarious Kung Fu-horror: Mr. Vampire (make sure to get the first one)

For something more in the Japanese style: The Eye

Admittedly, I'm more at home in classic Kung Fu.

Heh! Thanx!

Off to the races!!

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #2,640 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by csroc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can do that, although based on the past polls I don't expect it to change much over night. I started it around 10-10:30 PM so I can call an end to it in the morning after I get up (so that probably gives it another 9-10 hours since I won't get to it right away).

That's fine. Get some sleep and when you're back online, just shut down the survey. That should be enough time for those interested to speak up and vote.

BTW, were the poll results for the gain settings revealed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back