The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Jan 9, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #271 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now this intrigues me greatly.......I need some closed back cans so I can listen at the cottage without bugging everyone else (at night anyway).

Although they are closed clans, the D2000's still leak out sound, enough for me to avoid bringing them to quiet libraries with people around.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #272 of 7,725
For those in hurry, I have another piece of news..

Posts will be closed during Chinese New year - Basically from the 22nd Jan till the 10th Feb - so there will be NO shipment of Compass during that period..

whatever shipping will be done before that - hopefully Compass will be ready for shipping around 19th - 20th January (as per his plans) ..

Also for guys thinking about OPAMPS etc from that part of the world..

I am trying to get whatever info I can so so that I get my Compass before that !!

PS. I must say, he has done a great Job with Compass - it Looks great - very audiophile IMHO.. Hope it sounds as good..

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #273 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although they are closed clans, the D2000's still leak out sound, enough for me to avoid bringing them to quiet libraries with people around.

Hi,
I think the same thing that makes the Denons possibly the most comfortable can in the world might make them leak a "little" more than others, like Beyers. They do not have much "clamp" pressure on your head. This with the pads make them Uber comfortable. Additionally, the cups ring a little because they are thin. I think you could get a slight leak thru the cup itself. The Mods should help with that.

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #274 of 7,725
Haha, I'm with you Sandchak, I'm right in the middle with money saved for upgrade.

This compass sounds like the perfect thing for me, wait for the review. If good, will jump on this fast.

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #275 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I'm with you Sandchak, I'm right in the middle with money saved for upgrade.

This compass sounds like the perfect thing for me, wait for the review. If good, will jump on this fast.

soon Currawong and Peete should be coming up with their reviews on Compass - cant get better than them..

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #276 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soon Currawong and Peete should be coming up with their reviews on Compass - cant get better than them..

Oh dear, but how soon is soon! Before the shipping blackout for Chinese New Year?
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking forward to the impressions of this, it looks like awfully good stuff for the price.

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #277 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by csroc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh dear, but how soon is soon! Before the shipping blackout for Chinese New Year?
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking forward to the impressions of this, it looks like awfully good stuff for the price.

Well even if he is able to ship on 16th ( which I think is hoping for much, although you never know) it wont reach either Peete or Currawong before 21st or 22nd.. I don't know, its going to be tough to get the reviews before the shipping blackout.. although I am sure the finished pics are going to be up on his website in a day or two..(as a consolation maybe..)

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #278 of 7,725
Quote:

Posts will be closed during Chinese New year - Basically from the 22nd Jan till the 10th Feb

18 day Party!!! Happy year of the OX. Hope this year bodes well for Discrete OpAmps!!

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #279 of 7,725
Quote:

Well even if he is able to ship on 16th ( which I think is hoping for much, although you never know) it wont reach either Peete or Currawong before 21st or 22nd.. I don't know, its going to be tough to get the reviews before the shipping blackout.. although I am sure the finished pics are going to be up on his website in a day or two..(as a consolation maybe..)

I suspect you're right. If Audio-GD will be "at work" during that period then I suppose that just means they can keep building more of these things to have ready when shipping is open again.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #282 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by tea-head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little OT, but what Mogami cable are you using? Thanks.

t

You talkin' to me?

You talkin' to me?

Mogami 2534

Has anyone seen the Final look? I mean a finished Producton looking Photo, not sketch?

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #283 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone seen the Final look? I mean a finished Producton looking Photo, not sketch?

Well, to be honest, both Yes and No, all that can be said is there were couple of things like the front dials and switches yet to reach, I guess without which he wouldn't have posted the pics, and if everything has come in, the actual finished Compass picture should be up on his web in a day or two..

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #284 of 7,725
Oh man, I am just itching to just send the payment now to get it shipped on the 20th.

Patience, must wait for review. Can't wait for some pics also.

BTW for the AD900 with 35 ohm, and 100db/mw, the 14 gain would be best?

Arrgh!

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #285 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, Les...for Mogami ref.

I saw pics without knobs...black chassis and front/back plates...so far very nice...he said they will have Moon opamp installed...

t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back