The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Aug 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #2,881 of 7,138
Is it really that uncomfortable? I always thought the newer revisions were much more comfortable. Morbidtoaster, I thought the new revision of the LCD2 had similar padding comfort to the LCD3. Or is it only the vegan option that shares similar comfort levels?

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #2,882 of 7,138
I honestly don't know. I was kind of joking. 

To me, they weren't that bad. I had the Rosewood r2. Sure they were the most uncomfortable headphone I've ever worn, but that's not saying much considering my previous cans. I could still wear them for an hour and a half or so with minimal discomfort, and even then I just shifted the weight a bit and it was fine. 

Quote:
Is it really that uncomfortable? I always thought the newer revisions were much more comfortable. Morbidtoaster, I thought the new revision of the LCD2 had similar padding comfort to the LCD3. Or is it only the vegan option that shares similar comfort levels?

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #2,883 of 7,138
Quote:

I have the newer version and must say I find them quite comfortable once you get used to them, but then I don't wear glassess..
They are supposed to clamp in order to get that seal of approval.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #2,884 of 7,138
My LCD2.2's are very comfortable. Compared to the 2.1 I had previously the clamping is far less and the pads are much softer. The weight has never been an issue with me.
I actually find them very comfortable and can wear them for hours and sometimes do.
Mine are about 5 months old.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,885 of 7,138
Not really sure what people are complaining about in regards to the comfort o.o
I don't have glasses though so I wouldn't know about comfort regarding that but my LCD2r1 are incredibly comfy for me, as if they were made to fit my head. I've worn them for 4+ hours.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #2,886 of 7,138
comfort? For me the comfort issue is not if they are too heavy to wear, but if youre comfortable listening to for instance Red Hot chillipeppers "Californication" for 4-5hours without taking them off?????? Most music produced these days seems to be mastered byt the same person
triportsad.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #2,888 of 7,138
Quote:
Just putting it out there again:

Has anyone who has experienced both the leather and vegan/leather-free pads observed whether there still is an air-tight seal with the vegan pads?

I only have vegan pads with my LCD-2's haven't gotten around to try with LCD-3, I think Sphinx did though.

I haven't noticed any loss of seal with vegan pads, though your ears get to breath a little better. Just a touch of loss of bass as well.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #2,889 of 7,138
Quote:
I only have vegan pads with my LCD-2's haven't gotten around to try with LCD-3, I think Sphinx did though.

I haven't noticed any loss of seal with vegan pads, though your ears get to breath a little better. Just a touch of loss of bass as well.

But you don't feel a positive air pressure pushing against your ear drums I hope? I experienced this pressure with both the LCD-2r2 and LCD-3's leather pads. Guess the countours around my ears form a perfect seal with the leather pads.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #2,890 of 7,138
Quote:
comfort? For me the comfort issue is not if they are too heavy to wear, but if youre comfortable listening to for instance Red Hot chillipeppers "Californication" for 4-5hours without taking them off?????? Most music produced these days seems to be mastered byt the same person
triportsad.gif

Its a big shame man. I have so much awesome songs in my library that seem like they could have been mastered by a chimp

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,891 of 7,138
But you don't feel a positive air pressure pushing against your ear drums I hope? I experienced this pressure with both the LCD-2r2 and LCD-3's leather pads. Guess the countours around my ears form a perfect seal with the leather pads.

I received my lcd3 with vegan pads and didn't feel that positive air pressure, I recently switched the pads over to the leather version and definitely feel that air pressure/seel now. Don't notice the air pressure on my 2rev1 though. Anyway I don't think you will have that issue if you pick up the vegan pads

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #2,893 of 7,138
Well I ordered my LCD-2.2 Bamboo this morning, should be here tomorrow or the day after.  My dad is taking his back tomorrow, and I didn't want to be without them.  I'm trying to think of a way to rig up an old pair of my glasses to make them more comfortable to wear.  Also, I'm sure that over time the clamping force will loosen up a bit.  My HD650s will soon be up for sale 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #2,894 of 7,138
Quote:
Well I ordered my LCD-2.2 Bamboo this morning, should be here tomorrow or the day after.  My dad is taking his back tomorrow, and I didn't want to be without them.  I'm trying to think of a way to rig up an old pair of my glasses to make them more comfortable to wear.  Also, I'm sure that over time the clamping force will loosen up a bit.  My HD650s will soon be up for sale 
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe get contacts? Problem solved!

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,895 of 7,138
Quote:

Maybe get contacts? Problem solved!

Or Lasik surgery.

Seriously though, I have a hard time wearing contacts because my astigmatism is so bad, but I might have to give them another try now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back