The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,457 of 7,138
Got it, thanks. :)

I've decided to exchange my LCD-2 Bamboo for the new rosewood version. I'm sure you've all be waiting breathlessly for that decision.

In other news, I am listening to the HD 800 for an extended period for the first time in a long time.  Why did I sell these again?

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #1,458 of 7,138

Quote:

I've decided to exchange my LCD-2 Bamboo for the new rosewood version. I'm sure you've all be waiting breathlessly for that decision.

In other news, I am listening to the HD 800 for an extended period for the first time in a long time.  Why did I sell these again?

You needed MOAR basses.

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,459 of 7,138

Quote:

You haven't been listening to your STAX rig.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,461 of 7,138

Quote:

Did they give you a turn-around time for the rosewood version?  any delay on their end for rosewood over the bamboo?

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,462 of 7,138
I have had LCD2 v2 about 8 months now and still Im absolutely in love with these, more so every day :wink: At the start they were the most uncomfortable phones I have used but after some flexing and getting used to them, Im not even noticing them anymore. Most importantly the soundquality has always been perfect from the very day one, its so good that I have spread my music taste across all the genres there is, just because LCD2 makes them ALL sound fantastic :D I dont think I never ever need to buy a new pair of headphones :D (yeah right, see you @ LCD4)

Thank you Audeze for making my life significantly better, you are important <3

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #1,463 of 7,138
Not to offend, but my question wasn't about the fragility of the material or even about the components that are made from wood.  I am having a fitment issue and wondered if it was because of my odd shaped head or due to the basic design of the headphone.  I think the problem is with the yoke/headband.  Even after having owned the LCD-2 I don't see a major durability problem unless one was really careless with the headphones and I, for one, am not going to be careless with a $1k pair of headphones.  I am not saying these things won't crack, as that has already happened to others, but I am not exactly anticipating dropping them five feet onto concrete either.  I want to know if they fit everyone the way they fit me or if I am simply physically incompatible with the total design?

Apr 21, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #1,464 of 7,138

Quote:

Did they give you a turn-around time for the rosewood version?  any delay on their end for rosewood over the bamboo?

It's going to be 2-3 weeks.  Although via Twitter, they said next week, so who knows.  I'm not buying directly from Audeze so maybe that's part of it.

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #1,467 of 7,138
I can't say I understand the advantage of the new connectors.  If I had to extrapolate, I'm guessing most of your heads are so close to your shoulders that the old connectors hit your shoulders?

Something like this I imagine?

Apr 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #1,468 of 7,138

Quote:
I can't say I understand the advantage of the new connectors.  If I had to extrapolate, I'm guessing most of your heads are so close to your shoulders that the old connectors hit your shoulders?

Well I'm short and stocky and mine hit my shoulders so...yes. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #1,469 of 7,138

Quote:

LOL!!!
beerchug.gif

I never understood the shoulder problem either. If the new connectors make the wood less apt to crack I am all for it, but as far the shoulder clearance, indeed one would need to be about half turtle for them to graze the shoulders.

Then again I don't understand people complaining about neck muscle fatigue either, it's 550g we're talking about, not a yolk and plough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back