The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,291 of 7,138

Quote:
With the LCD-2r2 you'll have more clarity, better instrument separation and layering, more focused sound and less bass with improved quality. But don't expect night/day difference. Both HD650 and LCD-2 are great all-rounders. I regret for selling my 650s.

I've been trying my HD650's on some pretty nice setups lately (the LF and WA2 for one) and have been on the fence about getting the LCD-2's. I feel as if though the HD650's can get near the performance level of the LCD-2 with a good amp and source behind it.

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #1,293 of 7,138
Quote:
please, give me the english transcription for "audeze". Sometimes I have to write it in my language but I'm not sure how is pronounced :)

Odyssey

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #1,294 of 7,138
LCD2 will be technically better in all aspects, clearer and definitely better sub bass. But you might wanna keep the 650 for the variation. Sound signature is half the joy, and it has its own right. HD650 is a good and comfy set. I have both. And the wa2 BTW, I saw your sig :wink:

Quote:
I've been trying my HD650's on some pretty nice setups lately (the LF and WA2 for one) and have been on the fence about getting the LCD-2's. I feel as if though the HD650's can get near the performance level of the LCD-2 with a good amp and source behind it.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,296 of 7,138

Quote:
LCD2 will be technically better in all aspects, clearer and definitely better sub bass. But you might wanna keep the 650 for the variation. Sound signature is half the joy, and it has its own right. HD650 is a good and comfy set. I have both. And the wa2 BTW, I saw your sig :wink:

I see, looks like I may hold off for awhile then instead of selling off the HD650's. Anyway, I'm looking for a WA2. Can't seem to find one around here. 
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,297 of 7,138

Quote:

How would an HD 650 sound with my Rega and V200? What genres is it better at than the LCD 2 R.2? I may look into getting one if it offers something different. 
blink.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #1,298 of 7,138
Lol. My LCD-2s just snapped off my head and the left driver landed on my shoulder. Thankfully it didn't fall any further. The screw and it's little washer went flying into oblivion. I had no idea it was under so much tension.

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,299 of 7,138

Quote:
Lol. My LCD-2s just snapped off my head and the left driver landed on my shoulder. Thankfully it didn't fall any further. The screw and it's little washer went flying into oblivion. I had no idea it was under so much tension.

Lol? Oh boy. I want whatever it is you're smoking to be so nonchalant about the deterioration of your $1k headphones..

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #1,300 of 7,138
Apr 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,301 of 7,138
It's alright. I found the screw and washer. Fact is, I don't expect much from this sad little headphone band in the first place, hence my being casual about it. Plus, this isn't really something getting worked up over in my books. I don't smoke, but you could start with the usuals, then maybe try tranquilizer, whatever floats your boat.

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,302 of 7,138

Quote:
It's alright. I found the screw and washer. Fact is, I don't expect much from this sad little headphone band in the first place, hence my being casual about it. Plus, this isn't really something getting worked up over in my books. I don't smoke, but you could start with the usuals, then maybe try tranquilizer, whatever floats your boat.

Why in the world would you not exercise your warranty after a situation in which the headphone's most important component was compromised? I hate to get worked up and I respect your boat floating ideology - however this kind of complacence drives me nuts.

In the very least, communication regarding your mishap will alert Audeze of necessary improvements for subsequent iterations of their LCD line.

And maybe next time they won't put out such a "sad little headphone band".

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #1,304 of 7,138
Relax man, I already put in a ticket. My pair's been weak at the yokes for some time now, and through no fault of my own either, the LCDs sit on a soft seat when not in use, not even on a headphone stand, so there's no reason it should fall apart on my head.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #1,305 of 7,138
I don't think you understand the principle of the matter. If this headband construction is not up to par, there should be some future design modification which resolves the issue. However, before any of that can even begin to happen, Audeze must be made aware that it is an issue at all. They are a new company, steadily working their way towards a great product. But, to make a great product, customers need to come forth and share their collective experience.

edit:

Quote:
Relax man, I already put in a ticket. My pair's been weak at the yokes for some time now, and through no fault of my own either, the LCDs sit on a soft seat when not in use, not even on a headphone stand, so there's no reason it should fall apart on my head.

Glad to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back