The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #976 of 7,138
@Linus - You know what, if you're happy with a particular rig there's a lot to be said for taking a good long time to enjoy it as is 
wink_face.gif

That way you've listened to a lot more music with that rig so that, when you do upgrade, you have much more appreciation of what's changed and what's the same.

And why these changes matter.

I'm siding with the good advice of Mr Sneis now!

(But all strictly IME, YMMV etc ha ha)

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #977 of 7,138
The cracked LCD-2's on the previous page are a concern. I wonder if the recently extended warranty will cover those who develop these cracks after say 24 months, rather than immediately after purchase.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #978 of 7,138
My Cavalli Liquid Fire just smoked my Woo WA22 with the LCD2.2's  I believe it to be quite amp dependent.
Quote:
TBH I think the LCD-2 is a little less amp dependent than other headphones I have tried, to stick with the Fiio and aim higher is my recommendation.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #979 of 7,138

Quote:
The cracked LCD-2's on the previous page are a concern. I wonder if the recently extended warranty will cover those who develop these cracks after say 24 months, rather than immediately after purchase.

Yes they do. I have had mine for about a year and I have RMA from Audeze for the repair.

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #981 of 7,138

Quote:
These posts about cracking near the mini XLR's makes me believe there will be a LCD2.3 and it will have metal fittings like the LCD3's.

What are the chances of Audeze actually doing this? I'm looking at purchasing a pair and that's the only thing putting me off because it'd be quite a hefty cost in international shipping to get these repaired.
If Audeze added the metal connectors to the LCD (even if it was an extra cost), I'd be in with a grin. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #987 of 7,138
My friend who just ordered his LCD-2s also had a crack in the same spot show up a week after he got them. Should he just send them back to head room? Or just contact Audeze. He's wondering in terms of  which would be quicker.

I'm thinking he should just go through Audeze, because if Head Room sends him a replacement, he could just get another cracked model. Whereas if he just deals with Audeze now, he can get it resolved and fixed. 

If he does go through Audeze, do they make you pay for the shipping? Not a big deal, just curious. 

On a side note, this kind of has me worried. As I posted earlier in this thread, my 2 month old LCD's started to get that crack in the same spot. I'm kind of worried about investing $1k into a headphone that might have these problems down the line. Longtime LCD owners, have you had problems with the build falling apart in older models? I love the sound of the LCD-2 but, I'm not sure it's something I want to invest in if there is a chance of problems down the line.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic. But I want a headphone that I can have 6 years down the line. Apart of me is thinking of just getting my LCD's fixed and selling them. Then trying my hand at the HD-800s. Obviously we are talking about drastically different sounds. So I need to go find a place I can listen to those first. But just thinking maybe I should try a bigger company that will be around longer.  

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #988 of 7,138

Quote:
My friend who just ordered his LCD-2s also had a crack in the same spot show up a week after he got them. Should he just send them back to head room? Or just contact Audeze. He's wondering in terms of  which would be quicker.

I'm thinking he should just go through Audeze, because if Head Room sends him a replacement, he could just get another cracked model. Whereas if he just deals with Audeze now, he can get it resolved and fixed. 

If he does go through Audeze, do they make you pay for the shipping? Not a big deal, just curious. 

On a side note, this kind of has me worried. As I posted earlier in this thread, my 2 month old LCD's started to get that crack in the same spot. I'm kind of worried about investing $1k into a headphone that might have these problems down the line. Longtime LCD owners, have you had problems with the build falling apart in older models? I love the sound of the LCD-2 but, I'm not sure it's something I want to invest in if there is a chance of problems down the line.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic. But I want a headphone that I can have 6 years down the line. Apart of me is thinking of just getting my LCD's fixed and selling them. Then trying my hand at the HD-800s. Obviously we are talking about drastically different sounds. So I need to go find a place I can listen to those first. But just thinking maybe I should try a bigger company that will be around longer.  

ALO just sent me my replacement because the first pair I received had a crack on one side. The new pair has no crack at all but now I'm watching. I would like to keep these a long time too...they just sound so damn good.

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #989 of 7,138
The longer this thread gets, the more scared I am about the durability of these headphones. I have had mines for half a year and they are perfectly fine but you never know :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back