The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Dec 28, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #6,766 of 7,138
I meant headphone cables but blue jean cable will do headphone cable by request.
i do have their interconnects but as a headphone cable it may be too stiff.
IMO, Blue Jeans is the best.  I have them for all my interconnects right now.  You could probably spend more on a cable, but I don't think it's worth it. YMMV

edit: unless you are talking about a cable for the headphones.  They don't make those.

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #6,767 of 7,138
I meant headphone cables but blue jean cable will do headphone cable by request.
i do have their interconnects but as a headphone cable it may be too stiff.

Did not know that.  I like my Black Dragon Cable from Moon Audio.  I am using it with my LCD 2.2 non fazors right now.  It is a copper cable, and a good one.  There is also the Silver Dragon, which is obviously silver, and I didn't like the sound.  Not enough boom in the bass.  It is a highly detailed and accurate cable (the Silver Dragon).  There is also the Blue Dragon which is their cheapest cable.  I think all are reasonably priced.  Are the cables for your LCDs?

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #6,769 of 7,138
  Even though I didn't really care much for the AKG Q702s, one of the nice features was that they included a 20' cable in addition to the regular one. I just sent Blue Jeans Cable the schematic that Audez'e sent me to have them custom build me a 20' run to use with the LCDs...the T1s have been my dedicated movie headphones, but I may need to divide the time between them and the LCDs now...pretty great sound for those late night movie sessions. 

Just PMed you.  What were the specs. on those custom blue jean cables for your AKG?  Were they comparable to 4 X 24 awg?

Dec 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #6,771 of 7,138
Hi all,
I have been thinking about picking up a pair of LCD2 rev2 but Fazor or not to Fazor is the question now. I have a pair of Beyerdynamic T90 and was looking for something with more bass and warmth for a change of pace. From what I have read the Fazor has moved the LCD2 more to the T90 balanced and transparent sound that I like very much but I have now and the pre Fazor are more laid back or easy going you may say. So I guess what I'm saying is I want as much contrast between the two as I can get if I'm going to spend that kind of cash.
Any input would be helpful thanks.

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #6,773 of 7,138
Hi all,
I have been thinking about picking up a pair of LCD2 rev2 but Fazor or not to Fazor is the question now. I have a pair of Beyerdynamic T90 and was looking for something with more bass and warmth for a change of pace. From what I have read the Fazor has moved the LCD2 more to the T90 balanced and transparent sound that I like very much but I have now and the pre Fazor are more laid back or easy going you may say. So I guess what I'm saying is I want as much contrast between the two as I can get if I'm going to spend that kind of cash.
Any input would be helpful thanks.

I debated the fazor decision for quite some time and ended up buying a pair of non fazor rev2 from the classifieds recently. The bass is wonderful, and they sound warmer than the he-500s I was using if that helps. I'm extremely happy with them

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #6,774 of 7,138
Still no word back from Audeze.   I sent them another email on Tuesday, and after trying to use my LCD-2s again I'm convinced it's a driver problem (the left cuts out when I adjust the earcups a certain way).  

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #6,775 of 7,138
  Still no word back from Audeze.   I sent them another email on Tuesday, and after trying to use my LCD-2s again I'm convinced it's a driver problem (the left cuts out when I adjust the earcups a certain way).  

This problem has happened to me before when I realized that one of the mini XLR connectors to the headphone was slightly loose because the push button on the bottom side was stuck in. I just had to jiggle it a little bit and it popped back out and when I inserted it back into the headphone it clicked like normal, was secure, and the problem went away. Seems obvious, but for some reason it took me a little while to figure it out.

I hope Audeze gets back to you. It seems that they are slammed right now.

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #6,776 of 7,138
I hope Audeze gets back to you. It seems that they are slammed right now.

I hope that's why I haven't gotten an email back.  What a time for my favorite cans to malfunction, eh?

Jan 12, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #6,777 of 7,138
The Zimbra board feature they use to handle support tickets seems to be buggy as well, did you get an email receipt for your question?

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #6,778 of 7,138
  The Zimbra board feature they use to handle support tickets seems to be buggy as well, did you get an email receipt for your question?

I didn't get a receipt for either.
Edit: I sent an email a few minutes ago and got a service ticket.  I would like to think this was the issue before and that they never really received the inquiry.  

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #6,779 of 7,138
I'm finding the fazor editions a little bass light. This is from my droid maxx to the magni on hi gain. This obviously isnt ideal and i am getting my dac this week. However i figured this would give me a good look at sound signature.

Can someone comment on this. A couple songs for reference: Fascination St by the cure and dirty boots by sonic youth. I believe the bass lines are supposed to drive these songs, but dont the way i hear them through this set up. Is this a matter of my phones dac, or just the way the lcd2 voices things.

Im just surprised because lcd3f out of my phone to a woo audio 7 seemed to have much more authoritative bass. However the principal should be the same, and graph wise, lcd2f bass goes deeper than lcd3f

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #6,780 of 7,138
I believe Audeze removed that wonderful bass on the older LCD-2s, and put it on the LCD-X. Otherwise nobody will get the LCD-X. JMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back