The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Dec 24, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #6,752 of 7,138
Why is it always the left driver which goes?

I searched the thread and saw that it seemed to be a trend.  I am really, really hoping that this is just a wiring problem and that I don't need to get drivers replaced.  Even if Audeze foots the bill (I can't expect that) I fear I'd lose the sound.

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #6,753 of 7,138
If I ever find the patience to save up for two and a half years after I've got my budget end-game setup, I might invest in some LCD2s, to have a brighter ortho (HE-500) and the best dark one out there. Hopefully by that time, prices will have fallen significantly. I have the feeling I'm gonna be an orthohead once I get my HiFiMANs in a week or two. Can't see a single thing bad said about Audeze either. I like what I read in reviews, so I'm hopeful that I'll have one of these super sexy LCDs on my head someday

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #6,755 of 7,138
Hello! Where is a good place to purchase the LCD-2? Where did you purchase yours?

Checkout the Audeze website, they have dealer list there. Good luck sourcing one!

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #6,757 of 7,138
They're pretty different in signature, so sonic preferences will determine a lot about how you weigh 2 vs 560 or 3 vs 560.  I think 560 is better than 2, and 3 is slightly better than 560.

I've listened to HE-560, LCD-2 Rev. 2 and LCD-2F...I agree they're quite different sonically...the HE-560 is the brightest, LCD-2F less bright, LCD-2 Rev. 2 as neutral/transparent.

If I'm to choose only one, I will choose the LCD-2 Rev. 2 easily. And this is not a dark phone. This is as transparent as it can get. It's just that it's the only one out there that's transparent and ARTICULATE on the whole spectrum of the bass frequencies, down deep into the sub-bass. You just have to have a neutral and transparent amp to bring out the details. Now you don't have the need for warm and treble rolling-off amps.

On this basis, I'd rate the LCD-2 Rev. 2 around 30% better than the HE-560 and LCD-2F.

Hope Audeze's listening/reading.

Just my 2 ears. :)

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #6,759 of 7,138
For those who have experience with Audeze's customer service, what's the usual turn around on communication and sending in for repairs?

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #6,761 of 7,138
Sorry for the ignorance.  Haven't read through the thread for cable choices.
But what's the best bang for the buck after market cable?  Blue Jean Cable? 

Seems like Q-Cable is the way to go.

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #6,762 of 7,138
  For those who have experience with Audeze's customer service, what's the usual turn around on communication and sending in for repairs?

They're pretty good with it. Shouldn't be longer than a few days to week of business days. Maybe 2 weeks max. They ship at a decent speed as well. Not overnight, but still decent. Just open a ticket and get the authorization number. I found the turnaround time much better than Hifiman.

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #6,763 of 7,138

They're pretty good with it. Shouldn't be longer than a few days to week of business days. Maybe 2 weeks max. They ship at a decent speed as well. Not overnight, but still decent. Just open a ticket and get the authorization number. I found the turnaround time much better than Hifiman.

Awesome.  Putting my LCD-2s in their box felt like burying a loved one.  I really hope this is a simple wiring problem, guys.

Dec 28, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #6,764 of 7,138
  Sorry for the ignorance.  Haven't read through the thread for cable choices.
But what's the best bang for the buck after market cable?  Blue Jean Cable? 

Seems like Q-Cable is the way to go.

IMO, Blue Jeans is the best.  I have them for all my interconnects right now.  You could probably spend more on a cable, but I don't think it's worth it. YMMV

edit: unless you are talking about a cable for the headphones.  They don't make those.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #6,765 of 7,138
  IMO, Blue Jeans is the best.  I have them for all my interconnects right now.  You could probably spend more on a cable, but I don't think it's worth it. YMMV

edit: unless you are talking about a cable for the headphones.  They don't make those.

+1, Blue Jeans are awesome, I order all my interconnects from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back