The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Dec 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #5,836 of 7,138
Just got my new lcd 2.. damn it's both a thing of beauty and so so heavy!

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #5,837 of 7,138
  Just got my new lcd 2.. damn it's both a thing of beauty and so so heavy!

Haha Congrats man! Another new member of the LCD-2 family. You'll get used to the weight (probably). Give it some time and try different positions on your head and extend the cups and or shorten them, beyond what you would normally think appropriate (experimentation and patience is the key to comfort). Take long breaks if you feel uncomfortable too.

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #5,838 of 7,138
Just initiated a trade for a Vegan LCD-2.2. I love my HE-500's, but I do like the LCD-2's as well, they should be a nice contrast.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #5,839 of 7,138

Haha Congrats man! Another new member of the LCD-2 family. You'll get used to the weight (probably). Give it some time and try different positions on your head and extend the cups and or shorten them, beyond what you would normally think appropriate (experimentation and patience is the key to comfort). Take long breaks if you feel uncomfortable too.

Thanks a lot :)
They feel much better today!
They are quite impressive to say the least.. Time to start listening!

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #5,840 of 7,138

+1. And then hit the gym for some neck-strengthing exercises (if you are not already doing it) 
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #5,842 of 7,138
  +1. And then hit the gym for some neck-strengthing exercises (if you are not already doing it) 
biggrin.gif

gotta beef up 
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty amazed how great these cans sound.. I'm used to Fostex th 900 but these sound even better (and cost me half the price - black friday deal!).

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #5,843 of 7,138

+1. And then hit the gym for some neck-strengthing exercises (if you are not already doing it) :D
Do 4sets of 8-10reps of these 4x a week, in about 2-3months the LCD2 will not stand a chance

Dec 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #5,844 of 7,138

See that's the thing, I've heard/owned the rev.1's, rev.2's and had the LCD3 (2012 pair) in my possession for a short while and I did not find the improvements to warrant and justify the price increase. I have my rev.1's extensively modded to my preference (more treble, more soundstage) but retaining the liquid mid's and badass bass and I prefer it over the LCD3's that I've heard except in the looks department, the wood on the LCD3's are die for.

I don't have the cashola in the meantime for the LCD-X which so far looks to be a neutral version of the existing LCD2/3's so I'm just looking for shortcuts to mimic the LCD2's to sound bit more different. 

From what I've gathered and read, the post-veil LCD3's were pretty bad and sounded more darker and constrained than the early LCD2 rev.1's. The later batches (currently) are more balanced sounding, bit more improvement in the treble but soundstage is about the same.

Then there's reports from this thread that the new thicker LCD2 pads which uses the same memory foam and foam density as the LCD3 pads make the existing LCD2's sound more airy. Again, a good thing in my books for Audeze.

I'm in the same boat with my LCD-2 rev.1.  I tried the rev.2 but preferred the midrange and bass of the rev.1.  I have not tried the LCD-3 but am thinking about it.  
Anyways, I'm interested in how you extensively modded you rev.1 to increase the detail and soundstage.  Is it posted any where?  

thanks

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #5,845 of 7,138
Currently I have a Q Audio copper cable, cause the stock cable was so annyoing.
But from a scale from 1-10, how much difference can I expect to hear from a silver cable? 
I was thinking about getting a Toxic cable. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #5,847 of 7,138

None or 1

Eh, I tend to fall on the side that cables can make slight differences.  Take that how you will (whether I'm fooling myself with confirmation bias or not).  But as jib said above, don't buy a cable expecting some change.  Buy one if you dislike the build quality or aesthetic of the stock cable.  Bought a toxic cable, and its nice, but the change in sound if any is negligible.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #5,848 of 7,138

None or 1

Eh, I tend to fall on the side that cables can make slight differences.  Take that how you will (whether I'm fooling myself with confirmation bias or not).  But as jib said above, don't buy a cable expecting some change.  Buy one if you dislike the build quality or aesthetic of the stock cable.  Bought a toxic cable, and its nice, but the change in sound if any is negligible.

A slight change in sonics, so small that on some days you wont even hear a difference + epic long wait times = Not worth it imo. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #5,850 of 7,138
  Yeah, thats what I thought.
He had a Silver Widow ready, but 250 punds :p

Youre better off spending that money or adding it to something that is actually going to make you say 'wow', like an amp, dac, or new headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back