The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Dec 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #5,807 of 7,138
It's sounding better after some EQing. I'm glad I finally found a software EQ that's actually good.

The changes I made are:
A small reduction in the 10-15kHz range (mine is fairly extended in that area according to my personal FR graph).
A series of boosts in the areas of the upper treble to match the dips in my FR graph to make it more linear rather than recessed.
A small boost in the subbass (0-200Hz).

I'll probably do some more fiddling, but it's getting a lot better.

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #5,808 of 7,138
Justin/Headamp has the LCD2 for $795? If I wasn't so pathetically broke, I'd snag a pair of vegan LCD2s... soooo good. I miss mine.

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #5,811 of 7,138
Why Vegan MLE?
Does Vegan offer more comfort than leather?

Yes. The vegan LCD2 pads give a boost in comfort, including the vegan headband.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #5,814 of 7,138
Having owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).

Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #5,815 of 7,138
I'm not sure I could pass a blind test with vegan and leather. They are very close. The more compelling reason to choose between the two is what you find more comfortable. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #5,816 of 7,138
Having owned two, side by side for a brief time, I can say they sound basically identical, save for slight driver variations. Both had the same exact amount of bass, though the leather felt just a very smidge warmer, while the vegan sounded a little more airy/extended. Again, I contribute this to the very small driver variation (even Audeze's graph showed a slight difference).

Unless you had both side by side, you'd hear the LCD2 as the LCD2, regardless of which pads you had on them.

great! I am confident to get the vegan!

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #5,817 of 7,138
  great! I am confident to get the vegan!

I got mine today and I find them dramatically more comfortable than the leather version I used to have... 

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #5,818 of 7,138
  That tends to be the case with most dark-sounding headphones, just because you wanna hear those high-frequency details in sufficient amounts to really get in the groove, so you have to comparably raise the volume more with cans that recess up top.

This and the LCD2's are over-damped like hell, eq don't work as effectively as it does on other alike transducer headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back