The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Dec 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #5,852 of 7,138

Youre better off spending that money or adding it to something that is actually going to make you say 'wow', like an amp, dac, or new headphone.

Yeah, im debating if I should get a pair of LCD-X

Do you not already own a pair of LCDs? Get serious and get on the HE-6

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #5,853 of 7,138

I own the stuff in my signature yes.
My music tastes are very limit to a few genre's, perfect for Audeze.
HE-6 doesnt sound good with Mjolnir (atleast so ive heard), and its not too tempting to use even more money to get a new amplifier too

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #5,854 of 7,138

I own the stuff in my signature yes.
My music tastes are very limit to a few genre's, perfect for Audeze.
HE-6 doesnt sound good with Mjolnir (atleast so ive heard), and its not too tempting to use even more money to get a new amplifier too

Well yea, obviously.

But comeon, wheres the fun in that? You'd only have to eat Top Ramen 3-4x a day for a few weeks. 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #5,855 of 7,138
  gotta beef up 
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty amazed how great these cans sound.. I'm used to Fostex th 900 but these sound even better (and cost me half the price - black friday deal!).

@Trendin,

hey I was just curious about your upgrade path to arrive to the LCD-2? I've recently started getting into nicer headphones, and my first "legit" semi-high-end pair of headphones was the HE-400. I am really interested in the extremely nice headphones such as the TH900 vs LCD-2 etc... just wondering what kind of headphones you started off with & the sound signatures you liked, and how come you like the LCD-2 better than the TH900?

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #5,856 of 7,138

gotta beef up :D

I'm pretty amazed how great these cans sound.. I'm used to Fostex th 900 but these sound even better (and cost me half the price - black friday deal!).

@Trendin

hey I was just curious about your upgrade path to arrive to the LCD-2? I've recently started getting into nicer headphones, and my first "legit" semi-high-end pair of headphones was the HE-400. I am really interested in the extremely nice headphones such as the TH900 vs LCD-2 etc... just wondering what kind of headphones you started off with & the sound signatures you liked, and how come you like the LCD-2 better than the TH900?
I've read so I assume that this is due to the fact that the TH900 has a bit of recessed mids.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #5,857 of 7,138
I just tried Purrin's TP mod on my LCD-2.rev1 and love it.  The increased upper midrange and lower treble has increased my enjoyment of them.
They retain the bass and mids which I love while boosting the upper freq.  Great mod.  Has anyone tried it on their LCD-2 rev.1. or any other mods.

I'm thinking adding a thin layer of cotton, much like the Fostex T50RP mods that increase the treble and air. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #5,858 of 7,138
  Yeah, im debating if I should get a pair of LCD-X

I wouldn't debate...the LCD-X are among the very best headphones I've heard. They are in the top 3 in my collection with my SR-009 and SR-007MK1s. 
smile.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #5,859 of 7,138
  I wouldn't debate...the LCD-X are among the very best headphones I've heard. They are in the top 3 in my collection with my SR-009 and SR-007MK1s. 
smile.gif

I thought the LCD-3 were supposed to be better. Have you ever heard those?

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #5,861 of 7,138
  He's done a review of LCD-X compared to the LCD-3.

hahaha sorry. excuse my ignorance. don't really keep up with the really high-end headphones that are out of my budget. still fun to hear about people's impressions tho.

I found the review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-x/reviews/9976 if anyone else is interested in checking it out.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #5,862 of 7,138
  @Trendin,

I've  started with some very cheap koss headphones, moved up to Sen 515 and then after i got a better job i decided to "conquer" the top of the closed headphones (i listen to them in my workplace).
So i got the TH900. 
Lately i've just wanted to try new types of headphones and see if the open headphones are really better sounding.. So once i saw the black friday deal from headamp it was a done deal for me.. Lcd 3 are way too expensive for me anyways, and the lcd 2 with the discount were a great catch..

I find them very smooth, very fun to listen to.. the bass is just phenomenal and accurate and i think that they are less fatiguing than the th900.
However, they are less comfortable and open, so people around me can hear my music (it's good music so i dont care  
dt880smile.png

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #5,863 of 7,138
I've  started with some very cheap koss headphones, moved up to Sen 515 and then after i got a better job i decided to "conquer" the top of the closed headphones (i listen to them in my workplace).
So i got the TH900. 
Lately i've just wanted to try new types of headphones and see if the open headphones are really better sounding.. So once i saw the black friday deal from headamp it was a done deal for me.. Lcd 3 are way too expensive for me anyways, and the lcd 2 with the discount were a great catch..

I find them very smooth, very fun to listen to.. the bass is just phenomenal and accurate and i think that they are less fatiguing than the th900.
However, they are less comfortable and open, so people around me can hear my music (it's good music so i dont care  :dt880smile:

I have to ask, which is more technical? Better detail?

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #5,864 of 7,138
The lcd 2 have more "3d sound" and the bass is just different but in a really good&better way. I didnt hear a difference in every song, but the better recording really showed up the accuracy, speed and 3d sound of the lcd comparing to the fostex. However, you really need to look for the differences, it doesnt hit you in the face (well except for the bass which just feels differently).
Currently i prefer the lcd2 over the fostex as i dont get tired even at louder volumes.
The fostex are great and a better fit for an office but i think that sound vise the lcds2 are better. 
BTW, i was listening to them both with woo audio's wa7 via jriver asio mode.  

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #5,865 of 7,138
For those of you that went from the old pads to the new ones, how big was the change in comfort, did the weight distribution change, and was there any change in sound? Id especially like to hear from anybody that wears glasses, as that's when comfort is the worst with my stiff rev1 pads :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back