The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #5,177 of 7,138
Quote:
Oh the Lyr. The bass is deeper, tighter and a bit more punchier. However, it took my ears a little while to get the nuances.

Being a previous LCD 2.2/Lyr owner I can say that I definitely prefer it paired with solid state amplification. I just couldn't pull enough dynamics out of the LCDs with the Lyr for my personal tastes. 

May 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #5,178 of 7,138
Quote:
Being a previous LCD 2.2/Lyr owner I can say that I definitely prefer it paired with solid state amplification. I just couldn't pull enough dynamics out of the LCDs with the Lyr for my personal tastes. 

+1 for solid state.
I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance.

May 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #5,179 of 7,138
Quote:
+1 for solid state.
I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance.

I agree, I nearly get better dynamics out of it while under powering it with my AV receiver.

May 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #5,180 of 7,138
Quote:

Question: Have you tried wa6se with your LCD 2. because many have said that it has enough power and it would give the most out of your audeze. just my observation. 

May 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #5,181 of 7,138
Quote:
Question: Have you tried wa6se with your LCD 2. because many have said that it has enough power and it would give the most out of your audeze. just my observation. 

I have not had the chance to try the WA6SE. I have no doubts that there are a lot of tube amplifiers that can drive the LCDs with authority, I just know my Lyr didn't do it for me. It could've been purely tube choice on the tube amplifiers I've tried it with as well, I don't know. I just know in the context of the Lyr specifically, I'd rather spend the money I'd had spent on high end tubes and upgrade straight to a solid state model.

I have a new amplifier coming in tomorrow though, so we'll see how that goes. It's a hybrid amp as well, in a completely different class though.

May 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #5,184 of 7,138
Soloist and Conductor are made by Burson. And that's a fact.

May 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #5,186 of 7,138
Sorry, couldn't resist either :)

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #5,189 of 7,138
Touch my headphones and I'll cut you. 
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back