The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jun 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #5,191 of 7,138
Anyway, jokes aside. So I got to hear Jester's vegan LCD's and I must say the comfort is better than the leather headband and pads. Plus the vegan pads seem to grip your head better and also feel a bit lighter. Sound wise, I'd say the treble sound a touch airier and thinner but cymbals sounded more natural in their sizzle and decay.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #5,192 of 7,138
Mad Dogs used to be my top headphone comfort-wise. I think the LCD2-s are giving them a run for their money.

Once I had them on for a while last night I slowly adjusted them to how I like them, and now they no longer feel heavy. I think the soft pads/headband and the clamp force really go a long way in making them feel lighter than they are.

This means you can't listen to them dryvadeum; your head is too big :wink:

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #5,193 of 7,138
Quote:
Mad Dogs used to be my top headphone comfort-wise. I think the LCD2-s are giving them a run for their money. Once I had them on for a while last night I slowly adjusted them to how I like them and no longer feel heavy, the soft pads/headband and the clamp force really go a long way in making them feel lighter than they are.

This means you can't listen to them dryvadeum; your head is too big :wink:

lol I prefer my Rosewood ones :wink: I think I may buy a vegan headband in the future.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #5,196 of 7,138
Do you guys think it's worth it to get LCD-3 leather earpads and swap them with the LCD-2 leather ear pads? Change in sound etc.?

The added comfort seems like a bonus.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #5,198 of 7,138
Quote:
How much are they? They don't look as good.

iuno need to check it up, but they are more comfortable.
Quote:
Do you guys think it's worth it to get LCD-3 leather earpads and swap them with the LCD-2 leather ear pads? Change in sound etc.?

The added comfort seems like a bonus.

You must be an owner of the LCD3 to buy the pads. Anyways sphinxc covered this topic ages ago and it both adds and removes sound from the 2's.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #5,199 of 7,138
Quote:
You must be an owner of the LCD3 to buy the pads. Anyways sphinxc covered this topic ages ago and it both adds and removes sound from the 2's.

I remember reading that as well a long time ago. The reason I brought it up today is because currently on Audeze's site they are offering the LCD-3 earpads for direct purchase. I clicked on add cart and went in with it. There didn't seem to be any authorization/access problems. Looks like now it is possible to just buy the LCD-3 earpads.

Regarding sound, back then very few had tried this. I would like to hear some more and new opinions on this after all those months.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #5,203 of 7,138
I use a WA7 with my LCD-2 and love it.  It seems like it could use a little more power than the WA7 can put out but it's plenty to reach loud volumes as it is.  I've only tried it with the stock tubes and with the 2.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back