The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #4,471 of 7,138
Apr 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #4,474 of 7,138
There are other headphones that put out more quantity of bass than the LCD's,
however when it comes to quality again, only the HD800 and HE-6 challenge 'em.

As of right now, I preferred my HD800 (been without it for a month now),
but I just think the HD800's bass is super tight, impactful, textured, just everything.

For me the HD800 is the best headphone in the world.
Sorry, my preferences have a distaste for either 007 or 009.

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #4,475 of 7,138

but I just think the HD800's bass is super tight, impactful, textured, just everything.

Well, let's put it this way, I love my D5000's subbass and love the MD's clean impact. Is the lcd 2 the next logical step? I want really solid impact and presence even on songs that dont necessarily call for bass with good subbass rumble too.

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #4,476 of 7,138
Quote:
Well, let's put it this way, I love my D5000's subbass and love the MD's clean impact. Is the lcd 2 the next logical step? I want really solid impact and presence even on songs that dont necessarily call for bass with good subbass rumble too.

The D500 is schiit, and the MD is schiit comparatively. So yes. 

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #4,477 of 7,138
Quote:

Hey Paradoxper, just curious. Have you heard the HE-6 or HE-500 from speaker taps?

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #4,478 of 7,138
Quote:
Hey Paradoxper, just curious. Have you heard the HE-6 or HE-500 from speaker taps?

Yea. And the HE-500 just doesn't cut it, IMO. The HE-6 is quite good when fed good power. 

However I find the LCD-3 an easier route w/similar results.

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #4,480 of 7,138
Quote:
I'm beginning to like you more and more now para, I'll second all those last posts you've made. 

That won't last long. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #4,481 of 7,138
haha, nothing you can say now to make me hate you after the last few post you made dude. 
size]

But yeah to sum up from my own experience as well, HD800 is the best dynamic transducer based headphone you can buy today, feed it clean power and it will produce sweet notes to your ears. LCD2, a fun headphone with a warmish sort of dark laid back sound with good bass response, not $995 or $1145 worth of good sound but still quite good. Haven't heard the LCD3 yet still, but from what I've read and seen it seems to be the most logical upgrade if you want something more serious and fun sounding improving on most of the flaws with the LCD2's. HE-500 didn't cut it for me as well, but my impressions with them is of limited experience due to listening to them for like 30 minutes, from memory I liked the HE-400 and the old HE-5 more to the HE-500. HE-6 again limited listening time but these sounded pretty good on the spot and I can really see how people claim that these sound best from a good designed high powered headphone/integrated amp, jazz, opera and classical sound very well rendered with the HE-6.

Don't want to bash Denon's line of headphones but the D2/5/7k are not very good headphones for the price, bloated, recessed and bassy. Wood finish on the D5/7k look nice but that's about it. I preferred the D5k but it's still a lemon compared to the LCD2's. People forking out $1000 + for the D7k to get it markl modded and new wooden cups = a joke and obviously not looking for high-fidelity. Have not heard the MD have been watching them and the Paradox closely since purrins announcement back last year for one of the meets.

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #4,482 of 7,138
Fit and finish on the Paradox was nicer, and all the optional stuff is definitely one thing that set it apart. Cable was great, 'comfort' headband was great, etc.

Sound wise the MD sounded flat and boring while I remember the Paradox sounding much more lively and detailed.

Unfortunately the Paradox didn't make it back to Austin at the meet when I heard the Mad Dogs (2 different pairs and I know one had Alpha Pads) so I didn't hear them side by side, again, unfortunately.

Quote:
Can you elaborate a bit? And did you try the new Alpha dogs?

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #4,483 of 7,138
Quote:
Don't want to bash Denon's line of headphones but the D2/5/7k are not very good headphones for the price, bloated, recessed and bassy.

He-he, agree, in a stock form they are quite lousy. Modded with Angle pads they are quite listenable, not LCD-2 level but can compete with MD.

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #4,485 of 7,138
Because some people rather squeeze and experiment by using the least amount of money involved (or none at all) possible rather than buying something completely new that could cost heaps heaps more. I for one am of these people. Sort of like overclocking your computer, why pay more when you can get to the same performance for $0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back