The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Dec 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3,661 of 7,138
The Cable Company has them too and I believe you can audition them as well but I'm not sure how that policy goes.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #3,663 of 7,138
Quote:
The Cable Company has them too and I believe you can audition them as well but I'm not sure how that policy goes.

I'm using this feature and it goes like this. They charge you 5% of the retail price as a deposit for whatever headphones you want to try out. They ship them to you and you have about 10 or 12 days to listen to your hearts content and then ship them back in the same box with the supplied shipping label (they do charge for that part). The non-refundable deposit is then applied to anything you want to buy from them, including the headphones, obviously.

A question about the LCD2s. They are one of the headphones I'm trying out and I have a problem. The headband doesn't sit flat and the rear edge is the only contact area and this becomes uncomfortable pretty quickly. Has anyone else here experienced that? I've tried different head positions but it doesn't change (other than the place it sits on my head).

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #3,665 of 7,138
I simply move the headband (backward) to the point at which it is flat on my head -- it is farther back than other cans I wear ... but there is a sweet spot. YMMV.

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3,666 of 7,138
Quote:
I simply move the headband (backward) to the point at which it is flat on my head -- it is farther back than other cans I wear ... but there is a sweet spot. YMMV.

I do the same thing. I noticed if the band is pushed forward this may push the leather pads against the back of your ear causing them to go out wide, which seems to make things sound a bit unnatural.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #3,667 of 7,138
Quote:
I do the same thing. I noticed if the band is pushed forward this may push the leather pads against the back of your ear causing them to go out wide, which seems to make things sound a bit unnatural.

You can rotate the pads on the earcups to compensate for the position of the headband pad.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #3,668 of 7,138
"rotate the pads on the earcups" -- I'm just curious, how are they attached?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #3,670 of 7,138
Quote:
They're held on with adhesive, so I'm not sure how they could be rotated.

IIRC, the plastic ring the leather is mounted to is fixed by adhesive but if you try to twist them a bit, you should be able to get the pads to rotate on the rings.  I wouldn't force it too much though, you don't want to remove the earpad.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back