The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #737 of 1,518

Quote:
I'm just curious on your opinion, why do you think CKM500 is cheaper than CKS77 when it actually sounds better and is newer? :p

It isn't a matter if the CKM500 sounds better. For many the CKS77 will sound better. The CKM500 has better clarity and detail but lacks the big roomy full sound the immersion factor and the bassy presentation that is on the CKS77s. Both are great for different reasons. Different flavors. Both these have a different way of letting you listen to your music.

Why is the newer CKM500 cheaper? I have a theory about that. The previous CKM and CKS earphones did not do too well in the western world..You can still buy the old discontinued CKM50 on Amazon readily. What that means is those as well as the rest of the older CKM and CKS models never really caught on.. Many of the older models were great but earphones such as the CKM99 cost $200 and over.  They discontinued them earlier this year and for good reason. I love my CKM99 but I will be the first person to mention that they are not worth the full cost on them.

AT knows better than anyone their numbers and I am guessing these CKM500 and the CKS77 is their answer. Better product at an aggressive price mean better sales.  Both the CKS77 and the CKM500 are priced to move. Both are very good deals for their respective sounds. 

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #738 of 1,518
Oh wow. So these compliment your FX700 or is good for a back up pair.? That is awesome. In a way though I am glad these are at least a different beast all together..From reading about the FX700 I kinda had the feeling those would have the more livelier highs.. 

These compliment them nicely and make a great back up pair!

The fx700 mids and highs are better and more detailed, the wood drivers are just an awesome material. But with water and time I think the will degrade fast than these.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #739 of 1,518
Sicilian,

try a lower listening volume whenever you find the bass is overpowering over the rest of the music. some people forget to turn their volume down because these are pretty efficient heaphones.

for my "normal" listening volume on the iriver e30.

ckm77 is set at 21/40

cks77 is set 17/40

so the cks77 is definitely far easier to drive.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #744 of 1,518
Well, I'm always on the lookout for new IEM's, and I've read through about half of this thread.  It sounds to me like these are what I'm looking for in IEM's, deep, impactful bass, with good detail in mids and highs.  I am so convinced that these are for me, that I purchased a set from PartsExpress.  I couldn't bring myself to purchase them from eBay or a distributor from HK, I was a little concerned about knock-offs.  For me, the extra cost is peace of mind.  Anyways, I'm excited to get these, thanks for the review, I hope I feel the same way.

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #746 of 1,518

Quote:
Well, I'm always on the lookout for new IEM's, and I've read through about half of this thread.  It sounds to me like these are what I'm looking for in IEM's, deep, impactful bass, with good detail in mids and highs.  I am so convinced that these are for me, that I purchased a set from PartsExpress.  I couldn't bring myself to purchase them from eBay or a distributor from HK, I was a little concerned about knock-offs.  For me, the extra cost is peace of mind.  Anyways, I'm excited to get these, thanks for the review, I hope I feel the same way.

Nice to have you on board ZMan.. I have a feeling once you hear these your avatar pic is gonna change. lol!. Ya if you like the MDTs wait till you hear these. Look forward to your take.

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #747 of 1,518
This hobby is really becoming an addiction 
ph34r.gif
 After reading all of these impressions I just must get these. As a sworn basshead it is my duty 
biggrin.gif
 I am really curious as how will these compare to my MG7 and my previous IEMs like the Eterna or HJE900. I'll be ordering from accessoryjack.com to UK. Anybody here has had them shipped to UK? If yes how long did it take to reach you? 

And has anybody tried the Comply foamies on these? Is the overall sound, comfort, isolation better or worse? And which type should I get? I have seen that somebody mentioned the T-500 but to me it looks like it should be T-400 (they fit CKS70). 

Now just the wait till they come 
popcorn.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #749 of 1,518
This hobby is really becoming an addiction 
ph34r.gif
 After reading all of these impressions I just must get these. As a sworn basshead it is my duty 
biggrin.gif
 I am really curious as how will these compare to my MG7 and my previous IEMs like the Eterna or HJE900. I'll be ordering from accessoryjack.com to UK. Anybody here has had them shipped to UK? If yes how long did it take to reach you? 

And has anybody tried the Comply foamies on these? Is the overall sound, comfort, isolation better or worse? And which type should I get? I have seen that somebody mentioned the T-500 but to me it looks like it should be T-400 (they fit CKS70). 

Now just the wait till they come 
popcorn.gif

With standard shipping mine took a week to get to the UK!
Also if your a basshead get the Digizoid ZO2 I have never been an amp fan apart from when you need more volume with hard to drive cans but it really works wonders and its truly portable which can't be said for most "portable" amps IMO

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #750 of 1,518

Quote:
^hence i put 'filtered'... Maybe se535'ish mids...

well there are no were near as detailed and up-front as the asg-1 nor se535's, but the mids are clear, present and crisp :)

Ok, which one? Bass near MDR7550 and treble near DBA? If its not Ck, pls PM me :D Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back