The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #751 of 1,518
I have had the ZO2 since the first pre-order 
wink.gif

Pulling the trigger right........ now!
Can't wait! 
basshead.gif

I really wonder how will these stand up to the MG7 for drum and bass (especially since the CKS77 is half the price of Atrio (in UK))... Cause the MG7 are brilliant for that! 

Thanks for the shipping info 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
With standard shipping mine took a week to get to the UK!
Also if your a basshead get the Digizoid ZO2 I have never been an amp fan apart from when you need more volume with hard to drive cans but it really works wonders and its truly portable which can't be said for most "portable" amps IMO

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #753 of 1,518
I have had the ZO2 since the first pre-order  Pulling the trigger right........ now! Can't wait!    I really wonder how will these stand up to the MG7 for drum and bass (especially since the CKS77 is half the price of Atrio (in UK))... Cause the MG7 are brilliant for that!    Thanks for the shipping info  Quote: Originally Posted by danny93  With standard shipping mine took a week to get to the UK! Also if your a basshead get the Digizoid ZO2 I have never been an amp fan apart from when you need more volume with hard to drive cans but it really works wonders and its truly portable which can't be said for most "portable" amps IMO    

Price was the main thing that made me get these CKS77's over the MG7 and from what I read I am glad I did haha...the bass is unreal with the ZO2 and somehow there is still great detail! These sound great for Drum and Bass but i don't have that many other great IEM's to compare them too, the MG7's are meant to be a little faster though :p

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #754 of 1,518
Are you guys kidding. I burn all my earphones and headphones with Drum and Bass.. You want to hear authority in DnB. Here you go.

Even over pink noise I am convinced my 5 hour loop of my best DnB tunes does it faster. Nothing like big punchy bassy tunes to stress out them drivers.

If you guys haven't tried burning your earphones and headphone this way. I strongly recommend it..I don't think trance will have the same effect or might take a bit longer. I suppose dub step will be close but drum and bass. The best quick burn in music.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #757 of 1,518

Quote:
Just received my pair from AJ.. Ordered friday by EMS.. These are amazing.. Really amazing.. I use to have to add +5db bass in voodoo to get the mg7s to a place where I felt they had at least enough bass and these are already past that without a boost... The mids are more present and clearer as well and the highs sound right.. This is with no burn in straight from the box.. They are boomy but it isn't a loose boomy.. Not sure exactly how to describe it.. The mg7 are far more tight bass wise but they also don't come very close to these bass wise.. These are more comfortable as well for me and they don't stick out at all like I thought they would in appearance.. If you want a monitor with bass mg7 is better if you want an overall more enveloping and fun sound right out of the box these already walk all over the mg7.. Just initial impressions if they get better with burn in that's only a plus for me.. Thanks for the recommendation dsnuts =)

Mr. Oneoseven here has a nice used pair of MG7s for sale if you want a pair to try out for cheap. Lol!.

Monitor with bass is a good description but not the bass slam of mid bass so much.. Just a lot of sub bass. The Mg7s are nice but the sound staging is how can you say.. In between your ears. Actually more like in your skull..The wow factor for these are their sub bass but unless you just listen to a lot of sub bassy music. I would listen to my CKM500, GR07, EX600 over these every time. .

These have a tighter cleaner more balanced sound over the CKS77 but somehow kinda boring and not as engaging..The sound staging and depth in music is so vast on the CKS77 in comparison. I like the MG7s but I can't recommend them over these CKS77. I think the attraction to those was the promise of a clean balanced sound with big sub bass which it delivers. But many don't mention the in your head staging and mediocre depth of sound at best.

The CKS77 I feel are in the special category as there is nothing that sounds like them. I suppose Monster earphones are the closest. But the MG7? Minus that fact that they have this abnormal amount of sub bass. Other monitor style earphones are better at being Monitor earphones. And to me the CKS77 are what bass fans are looking for more than the MG7s. More of a proper set of attributes for a big bassy earphone.. Bigger fuller more engaging sound. These sound like your are surrounded by speakers and for bass. How about a big full punch with your big brawny sub bass. The CKS77 is the full meal deal in proper bassy earphone. Anything else is a compromise.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #758 of 1,518
I know someone earlier might've given a comparison, but could you give one two dsnuts, and anyone else who has, or has had these headphones?
CKS77 vs triple fi 10 vs re262 vs ws55? I know one of them is a overear, but these are my main options. Thanks guys. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #759 of 1,518

Quote:
I know someone earlier might've given a comparison, but could you give one two dsnuts, and anyone else who has, or has had these headphones?
CKS77 vs triple fi 10 vs re262 vs ws55? I know one of them is a overear, but these are my main options. Thanks guys. 

The re262 FlySweep can describe to you in more detail. I own the TF10s and the other 2.

The TF10 is and has been a standard for headfi for a long time and I think many a guys start off with something like a TF10 but I have a different take on that sound..I will eventually get into higher end BA earphones myself but coming from a guy that owns 99% dynamics and earphones with bass. The TF10 while having a nice stage clean sound and a great amount of detail in your music.. They lack fullness of sound I am used to from dynamics. I can clearly understand why there is a big following for them and I think if anyone is serious about learning about the BA sound signature I suppose the TF10 is as good of a BA earphone to start.. What is interesting however. I remember first time listening to them thinking to myself.. My CKM77 earphone sounds just like them but with better bass..

I think if I went from just owning BA earphones and heard what a CKS77 sound like I would be blown away. I don't know if a BA can sound like the CKS77.  I can now understand why the GR08 will have a dynamic driver for the bass and BAs for highs and mids. Detail is the specialty of the BA but bass.. Not as much. If you want detail in your music the TF10 is a good one but if you want more impact on the bass end with just as much detail I would go for the CKM500. I have to admit my CKM500 to my ears for the same type of sound signature as a TF10 sound well more dynamic. If you want to try out a TF10 go for it but owning many dynamic earphones with the same sound signature..I prefer my CKM500, GR07, EX600 over them. The CKM500 actually has a more natural sounding highs just a clean mids and bass end the TF10 can't compete with. I bought one out of curiosity and to me they kinda sound thin to me. But some folks like their sound thin so it is again a matter of preference. 

The WS55 are fantastic portable headphones and are only 2nd to the CKS77. These 2 have more in common than differences in sound. The CKS77 does have an overall better sound but the CKS55 are definitely a cool set of headphones to own.. Steve Guttenburg did a review on them and he loved them as much as I did..Anyone that wants a fun pair of headphones that sound nice with all music and has the bass to do bass music justice the WS55 gets a big thumbs up from me.. But I would get the CKS77 first and get the best sounding Solid bass headphone AT has ever made first.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #761 of 1,518
Ya I did notice you have to use complys or bigger tips and don't have the dish housing in your ears. That would make these stick out even more than they do. That kinda sucks. I take it is more of your smaller ear canals than anything. You try actually using the stock tips and trying to fit the housing into your ears? Or is your ears kinda too small for that? I bet you will get even better sound that way..

Oh and microphonics aren't too bad. I don't know if your trying to play soccer or something when you are listening to these but I have no issues with microphonics. There is some but no where near what your saying. You would actually be the first and only person to complain about it actually.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #762 of 1,518
I seem like the best to test out microphonics....
Nah just walking, it's just as bad as the mg7s, only that the mg7s when worn over the ear, eliminates the problem.
The dunus i have for sale have 0 problems.
If and when i get my other earphones and like them, cks77 will be the first to go, even though I'm preferring it over the mg7s so far.
I use iems on the go, and if I'm not happy with them, then they go, no matter how good they sound.
Would have been the same for the mg7s, was one of the cases with the mdts...and another case was the c751...etc

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #763 of 1,518
EDIT:
Dsnuts....I just received the PFE 232's - I think the CKS77's are looking very close, along with my MG7s to the FSD forums.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm comparing £400 vs £60 earphones.
Would I buy the CKS77's? Yes
Would I buy the MG7's? Yes.

Which do I prefer:
CKS77

However:
microphonics, ergonomics, very mid-bass centric make it not a good all-rounder

MG7's are a little flat for people's liking, me and you included.
However, they are the king of trance and sub-bass.

Their speed, is un-matched so far - CKS77's sound...too generic vs the MG7's on trance.

Then I put some P diddy, and the CKS77's sound so much better than the MG7's 

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #765 of 1,518

Quote:
Apparently an user felt that the balance went off on CKS with comply's.....

that would be possibly.

The TX500's made the bass even louder/present and quite boomy.
I mean, if anything you want to reduce the bass on the cks77's not add any more...
and that's coming from an "extreme basshead"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back