The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #121 of 1,518

Quote:
Doing some A/Bing of the MDT's and MG7's
And I got to say, this is by far the hardest A/Bing I have done (portable amp comparison aside) ever.

It's like both are good and bad at the same time. I just CAN'T DECIDE! Which I like/dislike more/less!!

MDT's are (vs the MG7's):
-shallow/drowned out mids
-better soundstage
-odd/nice/bad decay (depends on song)
-slower paced
-flashy
-heavier on the ear
-not as comfortable
-louder
-a little better highs
-more mid-bass
-little less sub-bass

The mids is strange on the MDTs. They are colored in a way that it sounds pleasing/ smooth yet when you A/B against something that has less or no coloration in the mids you can hear cleaner detail in the mids. The MDTs do some genres fantastic but on some. Rock, metal . Oh man it just can't keep up.It is a strange beast of an earphone.  Wait.. The MDTS are louder?. My CKS77 are much louder than the MDTs. hmmm.

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #122 of 1,518
Haha this should be very fun :)

Found my new thread to hibernate in, i think :p

And I agree about what you say about the warm-esk full mids of the MDT's - its just that due to the mid-bass, the MG7's feel cleaner - yet a lil darker.
EQ'ing both does wonders. (same EQ can be used for BOTH)

Btw, I think i already asked, but do the T400 range of Complys fit on the CKS's?

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #123 of 1,518

Quote:
Haha this should be very fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Found my new thread to hibernate in, i think
tongue.gif

And I agree about what you say about the warm-esk full mids of the MDT's - its just that due to the mid-bass, the MG7's feel cleaner - yet a lil darker.
EQ'ing both does wonders. (same EQ can be used for BOTH)
Btw, I think i already asked, but do the T400 range of Complys fit on the CKS's?

Well ultimately both are completely different and that is what makes this hobby of ours interesting. If they all sounded the same we might as well not have headfi right? I have the complys that came with my TF10s. Don't know which they are but they fit perfect on the CKS77 like it was made for it so you should have no issues with complys fitting the CKS77

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #124 of 1,518

Quote:
Well ultimately both are completely different and that is what makes this hobby of ours interesting. If they all sounded the same we might as well not have headfi right? I have the complys that came with my TF10s. Don't know which they are but they fit perfect on the CKS77 like it was made for it so you should have no issues with complys fitting the CKS77

Oh those are the T-500's!
(the ones I have in my sale thread in my sig)

Guess it might be worth holding unto my TX-500's fora  lil while longer then!

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #127 of 1,518
Apr 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #128 of 1,518
Wubwub.. Everyone take out your WS55s. Woot!!In case you all didn't know. http://www.head-fi.org/t/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass/300#post_8290237  These headphone kick much booty by the way. You guys can read about them here.

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #130 of 1,518

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Audio-Technica-ATH-CKS77S-Black-Solid-Bass-Inner-Ear-Headphones-black-/160701107894?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item256a884eb6

I remember somone mentioning these, are they real? i mean, 98.8 feedback and the others are real.
somehow i wonder if they are factory rejects or something.

That is the exact same seller I purchased my JVC Xtreme Xplosives from for a silly low price. I don't know about that model but the JVC XX that turned up were 100% genuine.

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #131 of 1,518
That is the exact same seller I purchased my JVC Xtreme Xplosives from for a silly low price. I don't know about that model but the JVC XX that turned up were 100% genuine.

It seems it's a pretty safe choice. Just go through the feedback of the past sales regarding the product.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #132 of 1,518
Ok so this makes sense to me. Why do these have no packaging. Read this description of product from that seller.

New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections

These I have a feeling are factory rejects. I was checking out another web site for goods shipped from China and there was several vendors selling these no boxed. "Original" earphones from AT. They very well could be but again no box no paperwork. "Factory second" Ultimately if these are indeed originals with very minor imperfections. That price is half of what a boxed version is with free shipping. These might be either a great deal or a bad one but someone will have to test them out. 

This statement is kinda not so confiding either." unused item with defects"

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #134 of 1,518
Ebay's listing ways are a little hard to really understand what they are actually selling.

Dsnuts - if it was factory refurbished = there is a category for that
If these are LIKE NEW - then they are OPEN-BOX

Reason being - if the seller lists as NEW, and then they are slightly opened in anyway, then the seller will lose in a "paypal dispute" over the condition of the item.

My friend once sold a camera lens - but it was a factory refurbished one.
He NEVER knew (mainly cuz he was a noob), but sold it on ebay as NEW - after the buyer found out - filled a claim, making my friend's ebay suspended.
If only he had done LIKE NEW - then he would have been covered.

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #135 of 1,518
Ya I know everyone wants to save a little. Who don't like a good deal. If these CKS77s were sold at that price for new ones. Wow. I can't imagine how quick those would sell out. But. .And there is a BUT..I can't and will not recommend buying from this seller. There are way too many questions here.

These have to be some type of refurb or factory rejects of some type. New means you get box, extra tips, case and paper work. It would suck to pay even $30 to get something that was rejected because of poor sound on one side and was sold because some one decided to make a little from these rejects..Don't risk it..This is a gamble that is very sketchy.. They also sell CKM99s and CKS90s that are also out of box. I took a good look at that pic. Those do seem legit but one thing that caught my attention. Those tips that are on that do not seem to be original tips that came with my CKS77. Those are cheapo after market replacements. I can tell by the size of the sound hole and the general shape compared to my originals. Which don't surprise as they don't even provide the extra tips in the various sizes that are in the original packaging.

It would make sense that these are from a bad batch of earphones. Spend the money for an in box pair. These are worth the full price. Don't risk it is what I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back