The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #106 of 1,518

Quote:
Tributes win...but it's not very hard to win against the MG7's in staging lol.

I don't find the staging on the tributes to be confined but typical of in ears and I would call them average staging.  The staging for music is out of head wide on the CKS77s. Again this 2nd chamber even helps with the staging. 

The staging on the CKS77 are about as wide as a semi open headphone in comparison. Most earphones will sound like closed in cans.

For guys that own the TF10s. The sound staging is very close on the CKS77 width wise. Depth wise. Well that is another matter all together.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #107 of 1,518

Quote:
I don't find the staging on the tributes to be confined but typical of in ears and I would call them average staging.  The staging for music is out of head wide on the CKS77s. Again this 2nd chamber even helps with the staging. 

The staging on the CKS77 are about as wide as a semi open headphone in comparison. Most earphones will sound like closed in cans.

For guys that own the TF10s. The sound staging is very close on the CKS77 width wise. Depth wise. Well that is another matter all together.

Ok, so how do the IE8/7's compare to the CK's?

I found that sometimes the staging being TOO far, little like the ASG-1's makes the earphone all together "weird"

MDT's do it just fine, possibly a lil more width could do it better.
But, it all depends on people's tastes.

Quote:
True. They're not. But just enough to justify the 150 dollar cash wad I invested.

Agreed.
Although my MG7's cost $95 :)
So it really comes down to what I prefer really.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #108 of 1,518
I think eventually we will find out how these rank for staging among top tiers but these are clearly superior in staging over the tributes and many many others..Even over the sound staging, It will be the depth of sound that will throw out the wow factor for many on these earphones more than anything.

As many headphones and earphones as I own. None come close to the depth these have. When you combine solid imaging in tunes with this depth..It will make you into a fan in a hurry.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #109 of 1,518

Quote:
I think eventually we will find out how these rank for staging among top tiers but these are clearly superior in staging over the tributes and many many others..Even over the sound staging, It will be the depth of sound that will throw out the wow factor for many on these earphones more than anything.

As many headphones and earphones as I own. None come close to the depth these have. When you combine solid imaging in tunes with this depth..It will make you into a fan in a hurry.

when are your MG7's coming in bro?

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #110 of 1,518
Order Date: 4th Apr 2012
This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment
Your Order Contains: 1 x Atrio® (Black) Professional Earphones    I have no idea. I love how they take your money and let me hang. It is what it is. I suppose because it is Easter it might be prolonged.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #112 of 1,518

Quote:
Order Date: 4th Apr 2012
This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment
Your Order Contains: 1 x Atrio® (Black) Professional Earphones    I have no idea. I love how they take your money and let me hang. It is what it is. I suppose because it is Easter it might be prolonged.

I has to be because of Easter when I ordered mine on a Tuesday night they shipped Wednesday and I got them the following Monday.  I bet they ship them out on Monday so you should get'em by the end of the week or the following Monday.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #113 of 1,518
Looking  forward to the MG7s. I am sure I will like them. I happen to be a fan of big bass with clarity and balance. If it has it. It will find favor with me..

Lol! I started to laugh when I did the staging comparison against the TF10 and CKS77..

TF10            CKS77 .. Lol!

Hope no one will take offense to my female metaphor here. Sorry if I did.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #114 of 1,518
Looking  forward to the MG7s. I am sure I will like them. I happen to be a fan of big bass with clarity and balance. If it has it. It will find favor with me..

Lol! I started to laugh when I did the staging comparison against the TF10 and CKS77..

TF10            CKS77 .. Lol!

Hope no one will take offense to my female metaphor here. Sorry if I did.

Well the one on the left is scary _.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #117 of 1,518
Doing some A/Bing of the MDT's and MG7's
And I got to say, this is by far the hardest A/Bing I have done (portable amp comparison aside) ever.

It's like both are good and bad at the same time. I just CAN'T DECIDE! Which I like/dislike more/less!!

MDT's are (vs the MG7's):
-shallow/drowned out mids
-better soundstage
-odd/nice/bad decay (depends on song)
-slower paced
-flashy
-heavier on the ear
-not as comfortable
-louder
-a little better highs
-more mid-bass
-little less sub-bass

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #118 of 1,518
Doing some A/Bing of the MDT's and MG7's
And I got to say, this is by far the hardest A/Bing I have done (portable amp comparison aside) ever.

It's like both are good and bad at the same time. I just CAN'T DECIDE! Which I like/dislike more/less!!

MDT's are (vs the MG7's):
-shallow/drowned out mids
-better soundstage
-odd/nice/bad decay (depends on song)
-slower paced
-flashy
-heavier on the ear
-not as comfortable
-louder
-a little better highs
-more mid-bass
-little less sub-bass

Ogawd, mg7 have more sub-bass?
I can't even listen to them then. The mdt is rumbly and loud enough.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #119 of 1,518

Quote:
Ogawd, mg7 have more sub-bass?
I can't even listen to them then. The mdt is rumbly and loud enough.

Your getting confused with mid-bass I think :)

The MDT's mid-bass is overpowering, but the sub-bass isn't as extended as the MG7's.

If anything the MDT's are a more basshead earphone than the MG7's.
That said, my ZO2 can make PFE's basshead worthy LOL

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #120 of 1,518
AT did a fantastic job on the fit of these CKS77s. They look bulky yes. The whole dish/ driver fits into your outer ear canal with the nozzle/tip fitting into your inner ear canal. I didn't mention this to you guys but the housing also has a rubber ring around the edges of the dish which helps in comfort and isolation. In other words the round housing is not gonna dig into your ears.

I have medium sized ears/ canals and I can have these in my ears for hours. These are more comfy than my CKM50, CKM77 and CKM99. I suppose if you have small canals these wouldn't be as comfy but even then the dish is no bigger than your average sized ear bud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back