The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #46 of 1,518
hopefully all goes well and I will be picking up the standard red pair for USD60 this month.

from the descriptions you put up. I am expecting this iem to be great for portable use since it is easy to drive from a portable source.   Also, more "consumer" friendly. ie more people will like it because of the tight bass and being detail but not too analytical.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #47 of 1,518

Quote:
Just ordered them from AJ (the snazzy, red limited edition).

/DAMN YOU DSNUTS.

Don't hate the nuts.I know you all love me.
ksc75smile.gif
Everyone need Frankenstein bolts sticking out of their ears. Those red ones are nice indeed..There is a white pair of CKS55 that look nice too. I might have to get a pair of those.

Quote:
hopefully all goes well and I will be picking up the standard red pair for USD60 this month.

from the descriptions you put up. I am expecting this iem to be great for portable use since it is easy to drive from a portable source.   Also, more "consumer" friendly. ie more people will like it because of the tight bass and being detail but not too analytical.

No bright fatiguing sound. No warm mushiness. No limp weakness or recessed anything. Just big bold and beautiful sound.

I will post that test tune I did on the CKM50 thread on the first page so you guys can A/B your other earphones against these.. Its gonna surprise a lot of people.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #49 of 1,518
I plan on getting a pair of CKS55 the white ones from AJ soon. I will give a more detailed report when I get them but on AT web site. The CKS77 is stated to be tuned to have full mids and clean highs as well as the bass. The CKS55 will have good sound but will not have the tuning of the CKS77..I know the price is almost double but I am willing to bet the CKS77 is the refined version of the CKS55 sound.. If you can afford it. Getting a CKS77 is worth the cash. I consider it a great deal actually. Both will be similar in sound signature but I bet the CKS77 will be better balanced and better defined over the CKS55.

You get a CKS55. I am sure it will just make you want to get a CKS77. SO might as well get the CKS77 is my thought. SO far the guys that got the CKS55 on my CKM50 thread all seem to like them..

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #50 of 1,518
thanks for the responds. seems like i found what my next headphones gonna be. so would you recomment the cks 77 than shure 215 or westone 1? since they are in the same price range. thanks.

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #51 of 1,518
stop tickling my fantasies.

Even my wallet is saying:
"hey...seeing as you now sold your ASG-1's...porque no?"
ARGHRGHRGHRG

Rage quit.
Please tell me they suck vs the Mg7's - please?
Pretty please?
I'll pay you?
lol

And you know what's worse?
I already have the 8320's (as you know) and they live up to the hype (for once on head-fi) - and I really love em.
Meaning you saying these are brilliant...probably means that they are brilliant :frowning2:

STOP STEALING MA MONAAAAYYY :D

Oh btw:
What tip, comply size tip do they fit?
T400? or 500?

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #52 of 1,518

Quote:
thanks for the responds. seems like i found what my next headphones gonna be. so would you recomment the cks 77 than shure 215 or westone 1? since they are in the same price range. thanks.

Unfortunately I don't own a westone 1 or a Shure 215.. I can just tell you these sound great to my ears for every type of music I listen to which is just about everything that toots or has a musical sound to it.  I am very confident on the value level of these being completely solid for what you pay..I have spent 3X on others that don't have the sound and satisfaction of these. If enough guys end up getting these I have a feeling eventually Joker will get his hands on them..The build is 100% solid. Minimum microphonics, good isolation. I think even if guys own many higher end earphones. These deserve a place in everyone's collection..

A bit of warning though. Once you guys get used to the fullness and authority of these earphones. Others in your collection will sound flat..

Quote:
stop tickling my fantasies.

Even my wallet is saying:
"hey...seeing as you now sold your ASG-1's...porque no?"
ARGHRGHRGHRG

Rage quit.
Please tell me they suck vs the Mg7's - please?
Pretty please?
I'll pay you?
lol

And you know what's worse?
I already have the 8320's (as you know) and they live up to the hype (for once on head-fi) - and I really love em.
Meaning you saying these are brilliant...probably means that they are brilliant :frowning2:

STOP STEALING MA MONAAAAYYY :D

Oh btw:
What tip, comply size tip do they fit?
T400? or 500?

To be honest I have always used the tips that come with these earphones. They are perfect fit and sound on them. I never had the need to use complys or any foam type on any of them. But the nozzle size is standard so I can't see how complys won't work on them..

Well dubbed. It will only be a matter of time.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #54 of 1,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the sub bass of the CKM50 and even the SHE3580. These CKS77s put the sub bass on those to shame.. 

I also loved the sub bass (that's the bass you "feel", right?) of the SHE3580, but it isn't really fair to compare the SHE3580 to the CKS77, or even to the CKM50. I'm not really sure about the price of the CKS77 but I guess it's not 10 dollar like the SHE3580, or even 50 dollar like the CKM50.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #55 of 1,518

Quote:
I also loved the sub bass (that's the bass you "feel", right?) of the SHE3580, but it isn't really fair to compare the SHE3580 to the CKS77, or even to the CKM50. I'm not really sure about the price of the CKS77 but I guess it's not 10 dollar like the SHE3580, or even 50 dollar like the CKM50.

If your asking if these CKS77 are worth the big price hike from the budget stuff. The answer is YES!. Absolutely..The CKM50 is closer to these CKS77 than the SHE3580 but what you get on these CKS77 is much more than big bass of the previous budget earphones is my point. Budget earphones will not be able to reproduce what these do..It would be completely awesome if I can find a sound that is close to these CKS77 that are a much cheaper in price. I suppose the CKS55 should be the closest at half cost but like I mentioned before I doubt those will have all that is going for these earphones. I suspect those will be around the same level of sound as the CKM50. .

If you want to wait for when I get the CKS55 I will certainly tell how I hear it on those as well as the CKS90.. I have been interested in getting a CKS90 for a while but never tried one. I know I am taking a risk to hear them as I know these CKS77s will be the upgrade to those but curiosity got the better of me. I have to pay a butt load on income tax here real soon so getting some new CKS earphones makes me feel a little better. Lol!

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #56 of 1,518

Quote:
If your asking if these CKS77 are worth the big price hike from the budget stuff. The answer is YES!. Absolutely..The CKM50 is closer to these CKS77 than the SHE3580 but what you get on these CKS77 is much more than big bass of the previous budget earphones is my point. Budget earphones will not be able to reproduce what these do..It would be completely awesome if I can find a sound that is close to these CKS77 that are a much cheaper in price. I suppose the CKS55 should be the closest at half cost but like I mentioned before I doubt those will have all that is going for these earphones. I suspect those will be around the same level of sound as the CKM50. .

If you want to wait for when I get the CKS55 I will certainly tell how I hear it on those as well as the CKS90.. I have been interested in getting a CKS90 for a while but never tried one. I know I am taking a risk to hear them as I know these CKS77s will be the upgrade to those but curiosity got the better of me. I have to pay a butt load on income tax here real soon so getting some new CKS earphones makes me feel a little better. Lol!

Well, the problem with more expensive IEMs versus budget IEMs is not the difference in sound. If the SHE3580 costs 10 dollar, and the CKS77 200 dollar, the sound may be 20 times as good, but they are still IEMs. They still consist of two earpieces and a wire. And that's why I never buy IEMs above 20 dollar anymore. I bought the Brainwavz M2 once and they were lovely for 50 dollar, and although I'm not sure they were 5 times as good as the SHE3580 or the TT Isurus, they absolutely were worth the money. But once earpiece broke, and not soon after that, I lost it... And that's not going to change, whether IEMs cost 10, 50 or 200 dollar. The wire may last longer, the earpieces may be water-proof, but they will break, and you will lose them. With the lifestyle I'm living (no, I'm not some extreme sports guy, I'm just a careless teenager), I just can't afford 200 dollar IEMs or even 50 dollar IEMs. 

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #57 of 1,518
I understand..I suppose the CKS77 is more for people that are looking for an upgrade in the sounds of the budget stuff. There is nothing wrong with owning some SHE3580 and a CKM50. Those are fantastic for the cost actually and it wont cost much to replace them.

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #58 of 1,518

Quote:
I understand..I suppose the CKS77 is more for people that are looking for an upgrade in the sounds of the budget stuff. There is nothing wrong with owning some SHE3580 and a CKM50. Those are fantastic for the cost actually and it wont cost much to replace them.

Mah nuts, I have bought 3 of them because of you now...
Hopefully they turn up sooner than later.

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #59 of 1,518

Quote:

Mah nuts, I have bought 3 of them because of you now...
Hopefully they turn up sooner than later.

Oh yea?  Your in for a treat. Lol!. I am guessing someone at Audio Technica got a hold of some Monster earphones and said. Hey lets do one better.. I updated the beginning post with that test tune I like to call it.. I think you guys will understand once you test that sound out on that video using the CKS77.

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #60 of 1,518

Quote:

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit pushy/rude! That was by no means my intention. I would love to hear the CKS77 just once, or any other amazing IEM for that matter. Certainly now I've listened to the TT Isurus. That IEM impressed me even more than the Brainwavz M2. And I thank you for introducing me to budget IEMs! Can't wait to check out the MP 8320!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back