The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #61 of 1,518

Quote:
I'm sorry if I sounded a bit pushy/rude! That was by no means my intention. I would love to hear the CKS77 just once, or any other amazing IEM for that matter. Certainly now I've listened to the TT Isurus. That IEM impressed me even more than the Brainwavz M2. And I thank you for introducing me to budget IEMs! Can't wait to check out the MP 8320!

Oh no I didn't take it that way at all. I didn't know your situation. I am always glad to help anyone that wants/demand better for your money..You are on the right path to better sound and in this hobby that my friend, is what it is all about.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #63 of 1,518
It always puzzles me how to pronounce "Dsnuts".
Are they supposed to read "These nuts"?!?!?
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #64 of 1,518

Quote:
Put a Christmas song in your head:

Luring me, luring me luring me nah nah aaaaa nahahahaa! :D
Ok I'll stop :p

Patiently awaiting cheap earphone master :p

PS. Let me know how u compare MDT vs MG7's too!

lol. hey even more to compare. I just got the previous CKS flagship the CKS90 and the CKS55 will compare all of em. I eagerly await the MG7. My guess is that they will have similar tonality as the CKS77. In the bass region this will be a good show down the CKS77 has some of the best bass for anything I own. The thing that I am almost certain that these CKS77 will be better at however is the depth of sound.. I currently have nothing. Not even the headphone version the WS55 has the same depth of sound as the CKS77. So it will be interesting comparison. As for the MDTs. They are getting a permanent burn at the moment.

Quote:
It always puzzles me how to pronounce "Dsnuts".
Are they supposed to read "These nuts"?!?!?
confused_face_2.gif

Deesnuts. Why this name? My name is Dave. And many have called me nuts. When I say my $7.11 MP8320 sound to me as good as my Denon D2000s to my ears. Many have probably called me more than that. but ya. I am used to it.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #65 of 1,518

Quote:
Deesnuts. Why this name? My name is Dave. And many have called me nuts. When I say my $7.11 MP8320 sound to me as good as my Denon D2000s to my ears. Many have probably called me more than that. but ya. I am used to it.

I think of nintendo:
DS
Then nuts. :p

Btw, don't lure me with that "its got the best bass I've heard" that's just an instant buy for me.
Pray for my wallet dear fellow, pray for it, as it shall be abused

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #66 of 1,518
See there is the standard earphone presentation..Then there are these CKS77. I am gonna try n make this so you guys can kinda understand a bit of how these sound without hearing them

I will give an example here. Lets say the Sony EX600  for example. % wise this is how I would equate to the sound

EX600= %29 highs, %28mids, 28%lows  I know the math don't add up to %100. It comes up to about 85% of the full sounds and lets add an extra 5% for overall depth in sound . so a total of %90 sound. This is in comparison to the CKS77's full sounds. Now I know the EX600 is superior in detail and other aspects in what these sound like but just follow me here.

CKS77=%28highs,%28mids,%30lows   but add to this
         +%5depth  +%5depth +%5depth     Yes again the math don't add up as you get %101 sound. Yes that is an astonishing %15 for overall depth of sound over your standard neutral earphone presentation. Which becomes a sound dynamic to itself on these CKS77s. Yes this would make the EX600 sound flat in comparison. The added depth of sound will make the sounds on the CKS77 much thicker and fuller sounding much much more rounded in what you hear. Not just the thud of the drum but what resonates from that thud. Now do not think this will end up as muddiness or muffled sound. The Aluminum dampening does wonders here. Other earphones have a limit on this. These don't. If it is in the recording it will be heard.. Highs mids and Bass wise. Beefy if you will.  If any of you guys end up getting a CKS77 and then listen to the test tune I put on the front of the thread you will completely understand what I am talking about. Other earphones will limit this reverb because of housing limitations/ design.  3Dimentional imaging you can call it I suppose. Double that sound chamber with aluminum dampening and this, my friends is what you get.

Oh and dub. What this does for your bass? You can just guess..Lol!

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #67 of 1,518
Wait, did someone just say a 10 dollar iem is similar to the d2k? 

I need to get out now.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #68 of 1,518
Not $10. $7.11. Na it was my crazy enthusiasm for the earphones which I still listen to. Not as much now a days but hey long story short. Joker rated them 7.5 which is astonishing for the price. I think everyone should own a pair..

They had as much enjoyment for me as my D2000 believe it or not.. That was what was kinda shocking at the time.

Apr 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #70 of 1,518

Quote:
8320s, mdts, mg7s don't come close to my d2ks.
Honestly

Ya. It was the level of enjoyment for me at the time. Of course it would actually be shocking if an earphone has the same stage or sound but at the time I was actually using my MP8320 more and enjoying it just as much if not more and realizing people gotta hear them as I was gushing about how good a cheapo sounded to my ears. That crazy moment when I realized these  belong in headfi lore. And you all know what happened after that and wins over new fans on a daily basis. Before this moment my suggestion for the MP8320 was met with silence..As that would be the normal common sense reaction.

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #71 of 1,518

Quote:
Ya. It was the level of enjoyment for me at the time. Of course it would actually be shocking if an earphone has the same stage or sound but at the time I was actually using my MP8320 more and enjoying it just as much if not more and realizing people gotta hear them as I was gushing about how good a cheapo sounded to my ears. That crazy moment when I realized these  belong in headfi lore. And you all know what happened after that and wins over new fans on a daily basis. Before this moment my suggestion for the MP8320 was met with silence..As that would be the normal common sense reaction.

I understand the 8320's, as I own them too, are brilliant, especially for their price.
But they DO NO beat the EX500, EX510's, and don't come close to my MG7's nor MDT's

Icing on the cake, D2K's beat the heck outta all my earphones.
FYI:
I use my MG7's, 8320's, MDT's MUCH MORE, almost 10x more than my D2K's.
But when I use my D2K's...I feel so happy, and have a great SQ coming from them (FYI, no mods done...YET!)
So I'm talking about a STOCK D2K here.

Yesterday (as my D2K's are currently disassembled - waiting for my landlord's drill to put the wooden cups on (YAHOO!), I played some BF3 with my MDT's
Man...it just wasn't the same.
Didn't feel like playing, and didn't really feel like i was on the battlefield.

Each time however, when i play with my d2k's on bf3 or any other game - i feel so INTO the game, that sometimes I'm playing just for the sound

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #72 of 1,518
I'm not an IEM guy and doesn't usually listen to music on the go but I might reconsider reading about these, sounds like they have the sound I'd love to have even in a fullsized headphone. Well my ZO2 + Q40 combo sounds probably similar but wouldn't hurt to have it in an IEM package too.

If I can find a reasonable deal here in europe/Finland, seems harder to find over here, I might concider picking these up at some point.

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #73 of 1,518

Quote:
I'm not an IEM guy and doesn't usually listen to music on the go but I might reconsider reading about these, sounds like they have the sound I'd love to have even in a fullsized headphone. Well my ZO2 + Q40 combo sounds probably similar but wouldn't hurt to have it in an IEM package too.

If I can find a reasonable deal here in europe/Finland, seems harder to find over here, I might concider picking these up at some point.

RPG. Ya you would love these. The sound is amazing. These are right up your ally. I know your sound preference and these will do more than give you full everything for your sound these will immerse like not other. And no amp or eq needed.

I will mention it here. These will not be for everyone. These are for guys that want your music BOLD. Guys that are looking for a neutral flat sound should look elsewhere but even then why not try something new..The immersion factor for music is out of this planet great on these. Why? You can always add more highs mids and bass with eq but you can never add more depth or roominess to your music it has to be a part of the design..

I never thought I would see the day RPGWizard would consider getting an earphone. This is a landmark moment for me. Lol! I am certain Amazon.uk will have these or you can order them from accessoryjack.. Consider the Japanese Limited RED version. I was tempted to buy them when I ordered the CKS55 and the CKS90..

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #74 of 1,518
amazon.co.uk doesn't have them but accessoryjack seems to sell them cheap for like 63 EUR / $84 + shipping. Hong Kong based but seems very reputable site. I'd still need to get a decent source to use them with though so probably won't buy them before that so could be months before I finally decide to pick up an android smartphone for example instead of these $50 phones I've used so far (doesn't even have a 3.5mm stereo output).  

I like the look of the black version more than the black & red personally so would opt for the black one rather.

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #75 of 1,518
Nice. Ya the black ones are nice indeed. In the mean while keep and eye out on this thread.. These I have a feeling will take off. I look forward to the day you give me your impressions of these earphones. You are gonna be more than surprised how these fair against your full sized cans.  You should consider a Sansa clip for your music on the go. You will be surprised how good those sound and cheap to boot. You can rockbox them and throw in flac files. They even have a decent little eq on board. You can throw in a 32 gig chip. Those are the size of a letter stamp and sound fantastic for what they are.. Look into them.. I have one I gave to the wife so I tried it with these CKS77.. More sound than should be allowed. And is gonna be way better for music than any cell phone. I will tell you that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back