The ATH-CKS1000..
Mar 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #166 of 582
So far the CKS1k on about 14 hours.  I have been burning at about 85% volume with these on my laptop with some fast bass songs.  So far the bass doesn't seem as engulfing the entire sound spectrum as it was out of the box.  The mids aren't as forward but in a good place.  I don't feel like the singer is in my "comfort zone"...lol  On the other hand... the treble is a bit hot.  It seems to have cleared a little and not sound so much like plastic but, its a bit hot/piercing to me even at lower volume ~5% of the max volume.  It doesn't take too much to power these.  Separation can be perceived but everything still feels like a wall of sound coming at me.  I'm hoping the treble calms through more burn in.  With just 14 hours a lot has happened so far.  I do have to admit the mid bass is a little smoother than the FXZ200.  The sub bass on the other hand isn't has prominent as the 200 though I hear it it isn't as prominent as the mid bass.  I am more of a sub bass guy but burn in is continuing at 14 hours and going.  

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #167 of 582
Hello DSNuts 

Can you compare cks1000 with ckm99? ckm99 had flagship a long time. And I wonder; Has cks99/1000 brake out this yet? 

And I really interest the comparison between ie8/80 and cks99/1000. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #168 of 582
Just from memory. The CKS1000 has a much fuller deeper mids vs the CKM99.. I am a big fan of the CKM99 and one thing I found out about the highs on the CKM99 is they actually tame but requires a very long burn in cycle which most guys will not even attempt..The over all sound on the CKS1000 is actually an improvement over the older CKM99..Music is deeper fuller on the CKS1000 with even a wider stage...While the slightly V shape sound on the CKM99 is ok the CKS1000 has a better balance a touch of warmth and smoothness to them mids. I think going from a CKM99 to a CKS1000 is a good one simply because these represent a new sound from AT.. The CKM99 an older one. The highs are not as sharp and has better control once full burn in takes place on the CKS1000.

I think the CKM99 is a classic but the new AT earphones show even more mastery of sound tuning from AT.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #170 of 582
Unfortunately I don't own a single Sennheiser Iem. Would love to try out the IE800. One of these days I will splurge for one but for now I am very happy with my AT iems.

Don't know if you know about the new CKN70 AT just came out with but that one for the price is extraordinary sounding iem.. It uses some very cutting edge stuff.. Carbon nanotube micro HD driver in an all aluminum housing.. 3D imagery detail sounds more like having 3 drivers vs a single one..Might be worth checking out as they only cost around $90 or so shipped.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #172 of 582
Quote:
If anyone is interested I'm selling my CKS1000

http://www.head-fi.org/t/655100/audio-technica-ath-cks1000-pristine-condition

Hey, I see you use MG7s as your primary portable phones.  I assume, based on the fact you're selling your CKSs, that you like the MG7s more.  Care to do a quick comparison between the two and explain why you presumably chose the Future Sonics over the Audio Technicas?  Also, it sounds like you have (or have listened to) JVC's FXZ200 as well.  Any comments on how those compare to the other two?

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #173 of 582
Quote:
Hey, I see you use MG7s as your primary portable phones.  I assume, based on the fact you're selling your CKSs, that you like the MG7s more.  Care to do a quick comparison between the two and explain why you presumably chose the Future Sonics over the Audio Technicas?  Also, it sounds like you have (or have listened to) JVC's FXZ200 as well.  Any comments on how those compare to the other two?

I prefer the MG7 because I prefer sub bass to mid bass.  The MG7 also felt clearer mids and slightly elavated treble but not as hot as the 1k but I haven't burned them in over 100 hrs.  The mids are a bit too in my face for my taste and the treble feels to hot at the moment.  The MG7's are perfect and the mid range seems flat and in a good place for me.  The 200's sounded good and has a good amount of kick mid bass as well sub bass.  The sound stage is larger than the MG7 and I can't really compare it to the 1k as it wasn't fully burned in.  I love the MG7 primarily because the fit.  The 200's are a little on the heavy side and would fall out of my ears if I tried to move around such as running.  The MG7 stay in.  The 1k also give some pressure in my ears and I use the mid tips,  any other sizes was to small or too large.  

So:

MG7: prefered because light weight and stay in and flat mids, slightly elevated highs but not harsh.  And lovely sub bass.  
200's:  good treble, nice sound stage not super wide but in a good place, and good kick for mid bass and sub bass.  
The 1k:  I really can't say too much because I never burned them past 72 hours.  

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #174 of 582
Thanks for the sharing Dsnuts. I've bought ATH-CKM500 last year, and they still get some times on my head especially with the mids, can't really believe the price AT selling them. Though I converted to a basshead thanks to the ATH-CKS99, which display awesome balance sound tuning for basshead IEM. I was totally stunned by AT recent offering, maybe considering to add ATH-WS99 into my collection sometimes in the future for portable cans. Such gorgeous styling by ATs. 
biggrin.gif

P/S: Very long time lurker, just decided to join head-fi since I cannot see myself escape from this hobby anymore. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #175 of 582
Quote:
Just from memory. The CKS1000 has a much fuller deeper mids vs the CKM99.. I am a big fan of the CKM99 and one thing I found out about the highs on the CKM99 is they actually tame but requires a very long burn in cycle which most guys will not even attempt..The over all sound on the CKS1000 is actually an improvement over the older CKM99..Music is deeper fuller on the CKS1000 with even a wider stage...While the slightly V shape sound on the CKM99 is ok the CKS1000 has a better balance a touch of warmth and smoothness to them mids. I think going from a CKM99 to a CKS1000 is a good one simply because these represent a new sound from AT.. The CKM99 an older one. The highs are not as sharp and has better control once full burn in takes place on the CKS1000.

I think the CKM99 is a classic but the new AT earphones show even more mastery of sound tuning from AT.

Can't vouch for the CKM99, but I can vouch for everything Dsnuts stated about the CKS1000! Those things are fantastic (and I generally like the JVC house sound more, but I think the CKS100 may top them all right now compared to the top-of-the-line JVCs).

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #176 of 582
Quote:
Quote:

Can't vouch for the CKM99, but I can't vouch for everything Dsnuts stated about the CKS1000! Those things are fantastic (and I generally like the JVC house sound more, but I think the CKS100 may top them all right now compared to the top-of-the-line JVCs).

...but I can vouch for everything....?

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #177 of 582
Quote:

...but I can vouch for everything....?

When I type halfsleep I mix up my words, so thank you grammar police!  Can/can't, the CKS1000 is fantastic! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #180 of 582
Quote:
Ya you gotta believe me.. Give the CKS1000 a chance. The FXZ200 has the wow factor out of box with the big bass and bigger sound but let me tell you when I first got the CKS1000 I was not as impressed myself. You can probably read the first few pages of this thread and get that.. But it started to grow on me more and more as I burned them in and started to use them more.

The CKS1000 is the type of earphone that will slowly but surly grow on you with time. It is not the type of earphone that will impress right away but once you get some more burn in and start using them. You will start realizing how engaging the sound of the CKS1000 is. I know how they sound on open box. It does not have the wow factor of the FXZ200 but that will change.. It might surprise you but I actually listen to my CKS1000 more than my FXZ200 now a days..

I would also burn in your FXZ200 more as well. The bass with tighten up..For now enjoy your FXZ200. In the mean while burn in your CKS1000

Quote:
Can't vouch for the CKM99, but I can vouch for everything Dsnuts stated about the CKS1000! Those things are fantastic (and I generally like the JVC house sound more, but I think the CKS100 may top them all right now compared to the top-of-the-line JVCs).

Resistance was futile. Looking forward to getting my CKS1000's
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back