The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
May 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #136 of 1,921
I'm from Brazil, i do not know yet, because i did not received, but it will 60% from the product + shipping + VAT 7-18%. I do not know how much was declared, i hope least  than the real value ...

The price is $88,37 + $20(Shipping), from Japan.

May 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #139 of 1,921
Quote:
I'm from Brazil, i do not know yet, because i did not received, but it will 60% from the product + shipping + VAT 7-18%. I do not know how much was declared, i hope least  than the real value ...

The price is $88,37 + $20(Shipping), from Japan.

but who did you buy from, that it got taxed?

That's what surprises me.

May 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #142 of 1,921
Quote:
you should have contacted them, and told them to avoid customs...that's what i did with AJ.

I think they tried, but here we have something like a Bingo!
beerchug.gif

They say: Goods with total value of up to U.S. $ 50.00 (Fifty U.S. Dollar) are not taxed, Considering That Both participants on the transaction, sender and beneficiary are Individuals; Some $10 products are taxed and much more expensive orders  pass through customs without any problems ... I don't know how it works in your country, but here they open the boxes and lay dogs to smell them, and occasionally, the order stay almost a month or more in the shed ...

May 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #144 of 1,921
Ya these CKM300s also new. Look like they are using the same housing design that is on the CKM500.
   Now I am gonna take a guess but based on the CKM33. These should be similar tuning in sound to the CKM500 but not as refined. I am gonna guess a thinner sounding CKM500. I am also thinking these newer CKM earphones all have more of a balanced sound vs the V signature of their previous models. The driver size should be an indicator of level of sound.  But I am also willing to bet these sound great as well.. $43-$62.. Based on how the CKM500 sounds however,  I would skip these and just go for the CKM500. The one I am really waiting for is the CKM700. Sorry don't have a CK10 to compare.

May 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #145 of 1,921
Quote:
Ya these CKM300s also new. Look like they are using the same housing design that is on the CKM500.
   Now I am gonna take a guess but based on the CKM33. These should be similar tuning in sound to the CKM500 but not as refined. I am gonna guess a thinner sounding CKM500. I am also thinking these newer CKM earphones all have more of a balanced sound vs the V signature of their previous models. The driver size should be an indicator of level of sound.  But I am also willing to bet these sound great as well.. $43-$62.. Based on how the CKM500 sounds however,  I would skip these and just go for the CKM500. The one I am really waiting for is the CKM700. Sorry don't have a CK10 to compare.

Any word on when the Ckm 700 will be released? I might just pick up the CKM 500 cuz ur a good dam salesman Dsnuts lol( i bought the Monoprice, She3580, thermaltake Isurus <--Fav with sony hybrid tips thanks to u haha). Also will pick up the CKM 300 out of curiousity whenever i have cash to spare.

May 5, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #146 of 1,921
Quote:
Any word on when the Ckm 700 will be released? I might just pick up the CKM 500 cuz ur a good dam salesman Dsnuts lol( i bought the Monoprice, She3580, thermaltake Isurus <--Fav with sony hybrid tips thanks to u haha). Also will pick up the CKM 300 out of curiousity whenever i have cash to spare.

Aha you like your detailed sound signature if your a fan of the isurus.. I know these are a bit more than what you guys are used to from me but believe me the SQ is representative of the priced paid and much more. I am curious about the CKM300 but AT does these CKM earphones with the price adjusted for a reason. But what is going to be interesting is just how they are gonna improve upon the CKM500 sound.. The next earphone AT will release will be the CKM700..When they will be out is a guess. Hopefully sooner than later.

It is disappointing to hear about the CKM1000s not being worth their expensive price tag. A smoother better CKM99 is what the word is on those but if that is the refinement you get,  the CKM500 represents a much much better value for less than a $100.. I am gonna guess that the CKM700s will be around the $200 to $250 range. But what I won't be surprised about is if the CKM700 is actually a better sounding earphone over the CKM1000..

The reason why I love AT stuff. They release better newer versions of their earphones  every year and it seems to me with each new earphone the sound gets better and better. If you end up getting the CKM300. Please let us know how they are.. But no matter what. Get yourself a CKM500 first.. For fans of the isurus. The CKM500 represents a hugely refined sound vs them..

May 5, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #148 of 1,921
its is because a lot of devices in japan have devices such as cd players, md players, mp3 players etc come with a remote and a detactable earphone. so the short cable  earphone are designed to plug into these remotes.

This is also why the short cable earphones are quite prevalent in asia.

here is an example.
 http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/portable_audio/portable_cd.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back