The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jun 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #1,156 of 1,921
Quote:

Funny, the TF10 sound bass-lite (relatively) to my ears now when comparing to the CKM500 and the ASG-1.2. I can't really give much more details than that, because I rarely listen to the TF10 now. I think I might have them made into customs though.

The only thing that I can think of is that I have probably 300hrs on the CKM500.....tried many different tips, including the white/clear that I sent you, bass vairied, but the TF10 tips gave me the most bass (boomy and loose), the Meelec tips the least, and the Aurisonics custom tips were great (very tight well defined bass), as they should have been, bass right in balance with mids and highs, nothing overwhelming in any area.  The TF10 tips bass/mid bass bled into the mids, too much mid bass made the vocals less clear and defined, I have bass heavy test tracks that I used, not every track is bass heavy, but a lot of the music I enjoy, had overdone bass with them.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,158 of 1,921
Quote:

The only thing that I can think of is that I have probably 300hrs on the CKM500.....tried many different tips, including the white/clear that I sent you, bass vairied, but the TF10 tips gave me the most bass (boomy and loose), the Meelec tips the least, and the Aurisonics custom tips were great (very tight well defined bass), as they should have been, bass right in balance with mids and highs, nothing overwhelming in any area.  The TF10 tips bass/mid bass bled into the mids, too much mid bass made the vocals less clear and defined, I have bass heavy test tracks that I used, not every track is bass heavy, but a lot of the music I enjoy, had overdone bass with them.

Could be if you had the single flange inserted deeper.  Also the UE tips I use are wider bore than the Meelecs.  There's been quite a variety of UE flanges over the years.  I've been using the Meelec tips since I joined H-fi pretty much and probably have about 3 packs of assorted Meelecs alone.  Probably 10-12 packets of other assorted varieties and makers.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,159 of 1,921
Just received a pair of the MEE tips.. The medium sized short dual flanges just made these perfect.. There is absolutely no reason anyone shouldn't buy the varied pack to try and find one of the tips to fit.. They are amazing.. So much more comfortable too

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #1,161 of 1,921
Quote:
Would you guys think I would be disappointed by the CKM500 coming from the TF10 and M50?

Depends on how you heard the TF10 and M50.  I'd take the M50 for pure sonics over the other TF10 and CKM500 anyday myself.  I know others that heard differently.

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #1,162 of 1,921
Just received a pair of the MEE tips.. The medium sized short dual flanges just made these perfect.. There is absolutely no reason anyone shouldn't buy the varied pack to try and find one of the tips to fit.. They are amazing.. So much more comfortable too

Glad you like them!

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #1,164 of 1,921
The ckm500's sound is more towards everything, the mids, highs, and bass, it has the best vocals I've heard so far, the best weight for instruments, highs are heavenly, and the lows are good. It's a fun IEM to listen to as it has great detail while still having the thickness of every note and  voice. For M50s, I believe someone from this thread who has both will explain it better.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,165 of 1,921
Im currently listening to Sync24's new release. http://www.ultimae.com/en/news/sync24-comfortable-void-ultimae-available.html

http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/releases

These sound good with this ambient style of music.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #1,166 of 1,921
Quote:

Could be if you had the single flange inserted deeper.  Also the UE tips I use are wider bore than the Meelecs.  There's been quite a variety of UE flanges over the years.  I've been using the Meelec tips since I joined H-fi pretty much and probably have about 3 packs of assorted Meelecs alone.  Probably 10-12 packets of other assorted varieties and makers.

My bad, I should have used the medium TF10 tips, the large I used were too big for my ears, and I needed deeper insertion.  Tried again with medium tips and the bass is more like the Meelec DF!

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #1,167 of 1,921
CKM500 is a quite nice IEM. I've been A/Bing it against ASG-1.2 tonight. Unfortunately it can't compete with the ASG-1.2 (although the ASG-1.2 is a good $100 to $150 more). CKM500 has more forward highs and that's about it. Details, weight, depth and 3-Dism is just amazing in the ASG-1.2. But I did the CKM500 quite a bit.

Cute, I tried the custom tips one time on the ckm500 and it cut the bass significantly to my ears, but I will try it out again.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,168 of 1,921
Quote:
CKM500 is a quite nice IEM. I've been A/Bing it against ASG-1.2 tonight. Unfortunately it can't compete with the ASG-1.2 (although the ASG-1.2 is a good $100 to $150 more). CKM500 has more forward highs and that's about it. Details, weight, depth and 3-Dism is just amazing in the ASG-1.2. But I did the CKM500 quite a bit.

Cute, I tried the custom tips one time on the ckm500 and it cut the bass significantly to my ears, but I will try it out again.

Do you hear more bass with the Meelec DF tips or the custom tips?  I hear more highs with Meelec, and more deep tight bass with the custom tips, and plenty of bass and sub bass for me, at least compared to my 2.1 speaker subwoofer system.  I like to have that comparison on my home gears because the path from my computer is the same to both the headphones and the speakers, only the amps are different.  But I have my 2.1 system balanced out perfectly with the Antimode 8033, that runs an automatic setup that balances the subwoofers to the room......that way I know that the bass from my music is what was intended, many run with too much bass on their 2.1 stereo systems, their personal preference.  Anyway doing the A/B from the CKM500, to my ears the bass with the custom tips is most in line with my 2.1 system, so I stop there and I am satisfied I am hearing the right amout of bass.  Right or wrong my opinion is what counts to me, so just take things as my opinion, no one has to agree with that!  Burn in also makes a difference with the bass quantity and quality of the CKM500, again my opinion!

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #1,169 of 1,921
Quote:

Do you hear more bass with the Meelec DF tips or the custom tips?  I hear more highs with Meelec, and more deep tight bass with the custom tips, and plenty of bass and sub bass for me, at least compared to my 2.1 speaker subwoofer system.  I like to have that comparison on my home gears because the path from my computer is the same to both the headphones and the speakers, only the amps are different.  But I have my 2.1 system balanced out perfectly with the Antimode 8033, that runs an automatic setup that balances the subwoofers to the room......that way I know that the bass from my music is what was intended, many run with too much bass on their 2.1 stereo systems, their personal preference.  Anyway doing the A/B from the CKM500, to my ears the bass with the custom tips is most in line with my 2.1 system, so I stop there and I am satisfied I am hearing the right amout of bass.  Right or wrong my opinion is what counts to me, so just take things as my opinion, no one has to agree with that!  Burn in also makes a difference with the bass quantity and quality of the CKM500, again my opinion!

Of course your opinion is your opinion. No one is trying to invalidate that (and certainly not me). 

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #1,170 of 1,921
I wasn't using the Meel tips. Just the TF10 blue tips and the custom tips. listening to the CKM500 with the custom tips now. Not bad but cuts the bass some for me (although the CKM500 has too much bass anyway that can get muddy sometimes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back