The Astell & Kern AK120
Jul 21, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #6,091 of 7,071
This new update scans my files every time I turn the player on. Annoying.

Perhaps you accidentally selected automatic library scan when you first booted the player after the update? You can go under Settings to switch it to Manual.

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #6,095 of 7,071
The "folder" you see those 3 folders in is the "root" folder. It's the top level folder/ directory in the file structure.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_directory

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #6,098 of 7,071
You'll probably have to have it serviced by irver if the os was whipped. Unless someone can give you a copy of the os. Not sure if that is possible or not.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #6,100 of 7,071
First time poster but long time stalker. I’ve got the bug for an upgrade, but still on the fence so I thought I’d bring others into my head.
I currently have an iPhone 4 + Hp-P1 + Shure 535LTD (w/ silver dragons) running aiff files ripped from CD collection. Truth be known I’m pretty happy with this set up. The only reason to consider a change would be for a smaller foot print, possibly increase listening experience (detail, depth, warmth, etc), hate stacks, and more memory. And I’d look cooler with an AK120 drinking gin & tonics in coach than adjusting rubber bands on a brick in business class.
So my question is, if we leave hi-res and DSD off the table and only focus on my aiff files played on both Hp-p1 and ak120 through the 535 LTD? Apples to apples. Is the switch worth it?
If it matters, I try to listen to anything from Adele to X, Ramones to Beatles, some Jazz, Hip-Hop and someday Classical will be on tap. Any advice from those who may have owned both is greatly appreciated.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #6,101 of 7,071
It just won't take a firmware update. I have done all the other updates not a problem current firmware 1.37 then I went back to firmware 1.33 for while then back 1.37 now 1.40 will not load it just sits there in the music list?

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #6,102 of 7,071
It just won't take a firmware update. I have done all the other updates not a problem current firmware 1.37 then I went back to firmware 1.33 for while then back 1.37 now 1.40 will not load it just sits there in the music list?

What do you mean by "music list"? Sounds like you've put it in a sub folder, not the root directory/folder.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #6,103 of 7,071
If I drop it on the Ak drive it goes to my music and sits there. If I open the the Ak drive I see three folders system.playlist.and music if I drop the hex file with these folders or in these folders it just sits there and won't be recognized by ak how many folders are there for ak os 3 or 4

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #6,104 of 7,071
If I drop it on the Ak drive it goes to my music and sits there. If I open the the Ak drive I see three folders system.playlist.and music if I drop the hex file with these folders or in these folders it just sits there and won't be recognized by ak how many folders are there for ak os 3 or 4

The 120.hex update file should not be put in 'music' folder! It belongs only in the main AK120 folder drive that contains the music folder and the others listed below. Drop it there and then do a "Safely Remove Hardware" on it and the 120 should begin the update as noted on the screen "Do not disconnect...update in progress".

That's the way all AK100/120 updates are done.

There are normally (4) folders in the AK120 (top) folder: Iriver, Music, System, and Playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back