The Astell & Kern AK120
Jan 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #5,026 of 7,071
The seller said Samsung but there is no evidence of the manufacturer on the card.  I was rather sceptical when it arrived and tested it on an old computer but it checked out.  System Information gives the full capacity and I can record and play back on it.  So far I have only put a few gb on it and I have had no problem on playback on hi res files/ 

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #5,027 of 7,071
I may only have contributed a couple of times before today, but that was only because I had nothing to say.  I had had a PC since September 1977 (it was the first Apple II in the UK) and I have used them ever since and I am in the technology world.  I assure you that I know the difference between a meg and a gig.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #5,028 of 7,071
I may only have contributed a couple of times before today, but that was only because I had nothing to say.  I had had a PC since September 1977 (it was the first Apple II in the UK) and I have used them ever since and I am in the technology world.  I assure you that I know the difference between a meg and a gig.

With your experience you must understand our skepticism when no one company currently sells or advertises 128gb micro SD cards.

I myself use 128gb SD via converters and praying for the day of microsd release bigger capacity.

As can be seen from system information on player:

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #5,029 of 7,071
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171207280719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Finally here is the link to the auction.  Although the photo shows the capacity of the card it had been removed on the card I received. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #5,030 of 7,071
Well here is the system information from my AK120.  The 128gb card is in External 01.

I must confess that I relied on eBay refunding you if the goods were not as described.  I am as amazed as you are that these cards exist and that is why I wrote in.

G

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #5,031 of 7,071
  Well here is the system information from my AK120.  The 128gb card is in External 01.

I must confess that I relied on eBay refunding you if the goods were not as described.  I am as amazed as you are that these cards exist and that is why I wrote in.

G

My eyes... Dude all these years with computer and all. How come you don't put the picture in correct way?

Wait a moment guys, I am gonna turn my laptop upside down.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #5,032 of 7,071

G

Can you PM me the eBay seller as I would like to give them a go. Thanks.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #5,037 of 7,071
  Don't do it!  The bits will fall out!!!

lol
happy_face1.gif
Ok I am gonna stop, no need to derail the thread.

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #5,038 of 7,071

G

Sometimes they could be fake. Counterfeiters reprogram the cards to show whatever they want them to show. The only way to find out is to fill the card with a program like h2testw and see if all the files hold.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #5,040 of 7,071
I bought the AK120 Titan and 2 micro cards and loaded my music onto the player...my first issue was that you have to load the music onto the player and the micro cards individually...my next issue was that when I went to artists on the main page I noticed that it was only showing the music I loaded directly onto the player not all of the music including the micro cards so I was forced to access my music from the folders themselves and the individual cards.In addition the UI is extremely sluggish,each time i tried to do any action i had to wait which drove me crazy.I did enjoy listening to my music on the player but in the end I returned it and decided to stick with my bulky Cowon X7..I am rather disappointed because I really wanted the extra space for my music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back