The Astell & Kern AK120
Feb 14, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #6,436 of 7,071
Extract the .hex file from the link and place it in the root of AK120. Should update when you power it back on, IIRC.

http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1105

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #6,438 of 7,071
Hello all,

Having some issues with my AK120. The sound Is great, but some of my tracks skip ahead to the next song before they have finished (usually about 20/30 secs before the end). It then displays the error message 'this file format is unsupported, play next file?'. But weirdly when I scroll through to that part of the song manually I can listen to it, just not when playing from the beginning.

It doesn't seem to be the file type that is the problem (does it for flac and MP3) so a bit stumped. Anyone else come across this? Or can provide any help?

Thanks so much!

Hello, I also experienced the same issue, but only once, about two weeks back. However, after it happened for a given flac file, it couldn't output any sound from any other file I selected. I had to restart the AK120 to make it work again. Since then, no more issues fortunately, but I would like also to know what caused that.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #6,439 of 7,071
How do I delete a song I added to a playlist, there is a delete playlist and add song to playlist but I can't figure out how to delete a song from the playlist,  I downloaded and read the instructions manual pdf from Astell & Kern but the information I need isn't there, btw how do I change the name of the playlist? thanks

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #6,441 of 7,071
Wondering if they can bring back the ak120, preferably in a mk2 version. Really liked the portability of this player and they discontinued it. The new ak120 ii is expensive and not as portable, I prefer the sound of the original ak120

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #6,442 of 7,071
Wondering if they can bring back the ak120, preferably in a mk2 version. Really liked the portability of this player and they discontinued it. The new ak120 ii is expensive and not as portable, I prefer the sound of the original ak120

Same here, and it will be perfect if it has a balanced out.

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #6,443 of 7,071
Mar 2, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #6,444 of 7,071

Dr Sheep: The Mezzo Soprano modded Ak120 has balanced out. Check out Music-sanctuary.com in Singapore.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #6,445 of 7,071
Thanks, forgot about the Meezo mod.  However, I generally don't like to mod, and they uses 3.5mm and not 2.5mm.

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #6,446 of 7,071
Okay, i have a new issue.

Only on my sd cards- 24/192 cuts out constantly, only when screen goes black. If i hit the button to light up screen, the cut out stops. Not bad cut out, totally broken up. Only when screen goes black and only on sd cards. 

A bit confused with it, don't know how long it's been happening, just noticed yesterday.  Moving 192 files to onboard memory but it's kind of a bummer…..

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #6,447 of 7,071
  Okay, i have a new issue.

Only on my sd cards- 24/192 cuts out constantly, only when screen goes black. If i hit the button to light up screen, the cut out stops. Not bad cut out, totally broken up. Only when screen goes black and only on sd cards. 

A bit confused with it, don't know how long it's been happening, just noticed yesterday.  Moving 192 files to onboard memory but it's kind of a bummer…..

Me too! You must have caught it from me when you came over!

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #6,448 of 7,071

Me too! You must have caught it from me when you came over!

At least i'm not the only one. What are the odds. I wonder how many people have this problem and just don't know due to the lack of 192 availability generally. Totally weird, transferring 192 files to onboard storage as i write this and moving over onboard lower sampling to sd cards. Boy does it suck. probably something to do with connections needing to be perfect on card and over time lose some of it through very slight oxidation or something.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #6,449 of 7,071
Well there is good news and bad news. The bad news is that the instability of the 192 sample rate files also occurs on the onboard memory, The good news is there is a jimmy rig fix, sadly it uses more batteries. You just keep the screen on and dim it low so to conserve batteries, or if at home have it plugged in. Sucks but at least I can still listen to 24/192. ->How ridiculous!

So two of us in the same small town have this problem, don't be surprised if you don't have it too……..
blink.gif

I suppose that it's better the issue is with the AK than the Hugo(the other good news)

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #6,450 of 7,071
I also have that same issue. I have to keep the display on all the time but that doesn't bother me. I am running version 1.40. I haven't tried it but I wonder if trying another version would solve the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back