The Astell & Kern AK120 for Mac users
Dec 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #31 of 69
Hello Everyone!

I apologize if this has been answered already. I downloaded firmware for the AK120 (1.37) and file unzipped thus was left with a .hex file. I copied file to the root of device ( I think) and nothing happened ( I just dropped in there and din't double click on anything). The root from my perspective is where I see other folders such as Iriver, Music, Playlists, and System. Is this considered the root or I'm at the wrong location? Any information would be really appreciated.

Thank much!

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #40 of 69
Jan 4, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #41 of 69
  That's because it's looking at each number character in turn rather than the whole number - you need to name them 01 02 etc to get them to play before track 10.  Easytag will do this automatically in Linux or MP3tag if you use Windows, I have never used a Mac so can't make any recommendations for it.

Kid3 on the mac does this beautifully.

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #44 of 69

Hi Nashton,

I'm trying to use Kid3 to tag files on my AK120 but it's not working for me (tracks still show alphabetically). I've read the Kid3 Handbook but still can't work out what to do.

What am I doing wrong!?

I used YATE on my Mac. It works great for editing and artwork and its free. My problem is that if the FLAC does not have any information it does not get info from the web. You have to manually add it. Other than that... no issues...

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #45 of 69
Try naming the files 

"01 track1"
"02 track2"   etc. 

This way the order of the CD will be maintained 

You can do this for example with XLR or MusicBrainz Picard and surely also with Kid3 (I guess) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back