The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring 3G, 4G, 5G and nano 1G!
Aug 31, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #2,071 of 3,220
Quick question - I hooked it up to a LOD direct to a cheap amplifier to see if there would be any weird noises or what not.

Without the caps between the two - if I did the wiring correct, would there/should there have been odd noises?

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #2,072 of 3,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question - I hooked it up to a LOD direct to a cheap amplifier to see if there would be any weird noises or what not.

Without the caps between the two - if I did the wiring correct, would there/should there have been odd noises?

Check input traces inside your amplifier if it has caps in series with signal. If it does, you don't need to add caps at the output of the source. But you might have to check input of every other device before connecting an iPod.

--
Lukas
het staeler audio

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #2,073 of 3,220
Who can help me about modify photo’s phoneout channel?
Is there some pictures?
Thanks a lot.
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #2,076 of 3,220
BAH! So I just installed the 240gb hard drive in my iPod 5.5G, old 80gb got busted. Well, RockBox doesn't support the sector size so I'm now modifying and recompiling it to support 4096 byte sectors instead of the original 1024. Damn Cygwin needs a lot of crap installed just to update a few lines of code.
frown.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #2,079 of 3,220
Yes! Finally, I was able to recompile Rockbox 3.3 and the bootloader to support 4096 byte sectors and the 240gb Rockbox iPod is done!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd hate for others to have to go through that process themselves just to use Rockbox on their 240gb drives, so here are the files and installation instructions.
wink.gif

Here are the new files, hosted on RapidShare
Bootloader 3.3
RockBox 3.3

You will also need the iPod Patcher, download the correct one (Win32, Mac OS X or Linux)

Installation of the new firmware and software is VERY simple.
1) Connect iPod, get it recognized. You may need to put it into disk mode first.
2) Download all the 3 file above and put them all into 1 folder.
3) Install bootloader using with commandline "ipodpatcher.exe -a bootloader-ipodvideo.ipod" (Win32 instructions, look at "iPod Patcher" link for Linux - you should be smart enough to know what to do if you're using Linux; for the Mac users, drop to a shell and do the same as the Linux people)
4) Unzip rockbox.zip to your iPod root folder

All done.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #2,080 of 3,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes! Finally, I was able to recompile Rockbox 3.3 and the bootloader to support 4096 byte sectors and the 240gb Rockbox iPod is done!
smily_headphones1.gif

Truly impressive!! Thank you so much for the CF card, im currently loading it with music : )
Cheers mate! You are a legend!

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #2,081 of 3,220
That's pretty crazy, Fallen. Thanks for sharing those instructions. I was thinking of doing that with my girlfriend's diyMod 5.5G (yes, that's right
wink_face.gif
), but I don't think she'll ever have 240GB of music. She still hasn't filled up her 60GB drive, so I'll put off my purchase of that drive for now.
wink.gif
How does it work with the Apple firmware?

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #2,085 of 3,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is rockbox compatible with ALAC yet?

It apears so....

Although it does say that it's not optimised... and only for 4G and later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back