The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Oct 15, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,341 of 2,897
Great to see that musicday regularly resurrects an ostensibly dormant thread with his gushing praise for the Tera Player. Though who would buy one now when the introductory units sold for 500 Euros each.

Who is still using the Tera Player as his main player still and what earphones/headphones you use?
Been using regularly the ATH-CKR10 and Koss Porta Pro with great results. Still enjoy it like in the first day: 4.8 years ago:)

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #2,342 of 2,897
I don't think your post deserve a replay but here it is as i am a nice guy.
The Tera Player is not like your ordinary AK player or other brands that introduce a music player each 4-6 months. Tera Player is a very valuable player since 2011, that will be hard ( read impossible ) to get in 5 years from now.
So for me and for many others this is the one and only music player that play music right without any firmware updates needed to improve it:)
And is built for playing music fast, not for waiting to start up.
My advice to you is to buy one ASAP, as i see that you regret selling yours big time, even if you don't admit it , smiling again:)

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #2,343 of 2,897
Charles is still selling Tera Players for 2,990 Euros when he wants to so it's unlikely that they'll become unavailable anytime soon. As an expensive idiosyncrasy the Tera Player excels at being a quirky DAP and does inspire intense loyalty from some owners. To use an automotive analogy, the Tera Player is the Trabant of the DAP world. :wink:

I don't think your post deserve a replay but here it is as i am a nice guy.
The Tera Player is not like your ordinary AK player or other brands that introduce a music player each 4-6 months. Tera Player is a very valuable player since 2011, that will be hard ( read impossible ) to get in 5 years from now.
So for me and for many others this is the one and only music player that play music right without any firmware updates needed to improve it:)
And is built for playing music fast, not for waiting to start up.
My advice to you is to buy one ASAP, as i see that you regret selling yours big time, even if you don't admit it , smiling again:)

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #2,344 of 2,897
Musicday is not the only one - Tera is also still my favorite truly pocketable player and favorite electronics purchase ever (I got one back when sold for around 800 euro). As far as portable players go, I only prefer LPG as far as SQ goes, but overall Tera is my first choice because of genius UI where I don't need my glasses to operate and don't need to take out of pocket at all (no heat and great buttons). Battery life is incredible as well.

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #2,345 of 2,897
The casing and controls would cost 50 dollars at most. The money comes from the exclusive property you get, which is to be in the cult of "Altmann" audio I guess.

Definitely doesn't not cost 2990 euros to make by now, been some years and its in no reach of budgety people. What? Unless if its made of gold, then where did the 2000 euros come from?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,353 of 2,897
DSCN1207.jpg

For me the best combo so far is Tera , Lehmann audio Traveller and Noble 6 .
From time to time I get tired of the limitations and go back to the AK240 setup. But usually it's not for long and in a few days I'm back with the Tera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back