The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Aug 19, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #1,097 of 2,897

Really? Who told you that?

From personal experience, the Ref1 Too + Uber Too is easily driven by the Tera. AFAIK the Uber Too is no harder to drive than any of the other Tralucent cables. Also, the Ref1 needs at least a couple hundred hours to fully 'break-in' and sound its best...
wink.gif

There were some comments in the Ref1 thread, to the effect that the Tera couldn't drive the Ref1 Too with Uber Too.

Comments on burn-in noted.

Sadly, now moot as a large crack has appeared in one of the earpiece stems and it will need to go back to Gavin for some remedial work.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #1,098 of 2,897
There are some pads replacement for the Koss made of phleather i believe that change the sound of the already amazing mod done.
Truly shines out of the Tera player.

I have tried the pleather pads on the Koss, but found them to get really warm after awhile and also they seem to reduce the openness of foam pads.

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #1,099 of 2,897
I used to have the sd player by ecdesigns. highly recommended, amazing dac.
im waiting for the delivery of his new mosaic dac, cant wait!"

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #1,100 of 2,897
murphythecat I looked at the original EC designs SD player but recollect that the output was via a 3.5mm socket, did you find this restrictive or detrimental to the sound quality? Presumably you used a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable? 

Which Mosaic have you purchased the 16 bit/96 kHz or the 24 bit/192 kHz version? Please keep us informed. 
smile.gif

Quote:
  I used to have the sd player by ecdesigns. highly recommended, amazing dac.
im waiting for the delivery of his new mosaic dac, cant wait!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back