The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Jul 27, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #1,066 of 2,897
Why do you call them Korta then
tongue.gif

Check your Vision, Bro. The user "musicday" called them wrong and i just pointed this out for you.

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #1,067 of 2,897
I suggest that it's highly doubtful whether anyone - regardless of their personal wealth - would pay over six thousand Euros for a Tera Player (TP). As notwithstanding the sonic attributes of this diminutive DAP, asking 6,000 Euros for something that initially sold for 840 Euros is patently absurd. As a very early TP adopter (my unit cost 500 Euros) and adamant supporter of Charles in all of the previous locked threads here, it greatly saddens me that he's doubled then quadrupled the cost of owning a Tera Player.  

Quote:
Yes !
People pay that sort of money for the Tera player.
Is the best music player in the world and if you haven't heard one i urge you to do so, if possible.
Musicday

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #1,068 of 2,897
1.My mistake sorry : Koss Porta Pro and i can teach you how to mod them if you don't know.
2.Why someone pays £3000 for AK380 when next year will try and sell it as there will be for sure another model ,,better '' for £4000,and not want to buy the Tera for £5000 if he can afford knowing that he will never need to upgrade to another player knowing the SQ is so good?
Plus there is always the risk in 5 years time not to be able to buy a new one at all.
That's how i see it.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,069 of 2,897

Tera (used to own)is a very unique player (form and sound) but would never worth the current asking price.  The AK240 (which I also owned) bits it hands down in overall audio performance (excluding things like optical out...)

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #1,072 of 2,897
In what SQ department exactly AK240 is better than the Tera, please give a better explanation.

Simple answer for easy understanding...

Audio details that can be found from 240 cannot be found on Tera only Tera to be more analogue sounding.  This might have something to do with the output impedance difference between the two players while roll off occurs with high output impedance.  

Don't be mistaken that I'm here to convince anyone to favour one player over the other but share my experience as an owner of both

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,073 of 2,897
Simple answer for easy understanding...

Audio details that can be found from 240 cannot be found on Tera only Tera to be more analogue sounding.  This might have something to do with the output impedance difference between the two players while roll off occurs with high output impedance.  

Don't be mistaken that I'm here to convince anyone to favour one player over the other but share my experience as an owner of both

Correct.

Personally I only once a/b-ed the Tera and an AK240 with the Tralucent 1plus2 very briefly.
Noticed the above stated but also that to my taste the AK240 was too transparent in comparison with the Tera.

The latter simply has got more soul and thus (for me) involvement.

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,074 of 2,897
Correct.

Personally I only once a/b-ed the Tera and an AK240 with the Tralucent 1plus2 very briefly.
Noticed the above stated but also that to my taste the AK240 was too transparent in comparison with the Tera.

The latter simply has got more soul and thus (for me) involvement.

Sometimes I like Red Wine - Tera player - full and flavoured
Sometimes I like White Wine - AK240SS - Crisp and detailed

Why not get both - and use either when you have the desire

Aug 1, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #1,078 of 2,897
This analogy is spot on. Very nicely put. 
L3000.gif

Now we just need to find a rose DAP. The Acoustic Research AR-M2 perhaps?  

Quote:

Sometimes I like Red Wine - Tera player - full and flavoured
Sometimes I like White Wine - AK240SS - Crisp and detailed

Why not get both - and use either when you have the desire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back