The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Oct 27, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,204 of 2,897
Very surprised that you're selling your Tera Players - including the legacy version that you purchased from me a few weeks ago for £900 - as you've been such an ardent supporter of Charles and his quirky DAP. Might one enquire which music player you're moving to? Presumably you feel that your new DAP sounds even better than the Tera Player?

Works perfectly for me,the way i suggested.All my albums play in the alphabetical right order,exactly how i named them.Make sure you have letters when you name your albums,that may help.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,206 of 2,897
Been his supporter No.1 for many years and i did helped him a lot with clients, but Charles had my review removed from his website and because of that i decided to move away.Sad but is true, and yes he reads this Thread but he doesn't join.
- And the new player is Lotoo Paw, smial1966 , Lotoo Paw. :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #1,207 of 2,897
Been his supporter No.1 for many years and i did helped him a lot with clients, but Charles had my review removed from his website and because of that i decided to move away.Sad but is true, and yes he reads this Thread but he doesn't join.

Why do you even care if your review is on his site? That does not change the amazing analog SQ and it's still by far the best truly portable player that can be operated out of pocket by touch, and also has best battery life.
Having said all this I would not even consider buying a new one at anywhere close to current price - but since you already have one which you got for more reasonable price I'm surprised you would let it go since you liked it so much.
Didn't you already once try to move to something else and came back to repurchase Tera (I have been around long enough to seem to remember that)?

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #1,208 of 2,897

this is one of the worst reason i ever heard for wanting to sell something.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #1,209 of 2,897

And marking it up

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #1,210 of 2,897
If the price doesnt go down to at least the original on Nov 1 (unless his surprise is to announce a tera 2) , Ive already got my eyes on the QP1r or the upcoming Onkyo Dap.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #1,211 of 2,897

Considering the nature of audiophile world, brands do not only sell quality products but they also sell immaterial values that instill some emotion. I know some Apple fanboy that stopped preaching on how good their product once Steve Jobs passed away and Apple turned into quite a generic company.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,212 of 2,897

Considering the nature of audiophile world, brands do not only sell quality products but they also sell immaterial values that instill some emotion. I know some Apple fanboy that stopped preaching on how good their product once Steve Jobs passed away and Apple turned into quite a generic company.

I could be very much wrong but it seems to me, reading the past 7-8 post, that it may be because one person bought the Tera player from a fellow Brit for 900 British Pound and then a few weeks later the buyer is selling it on HF for 1250 British Pound? Although he used to love the Tera products very much he now no longer seem to feel this way since his review got removed from Tera's website.

Please correct me if I read this the wrong way.. Is Charles still alive? I certainly hope so...

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #1,213 of 2,897
Well in this hobby people tend to move on.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #1,215 of 2,897
I could be very much wrong but it seems to me, reading the past 7-8 post, that it may be because one person bought the Tera player from a fellow Brit for 900 British Pound and then a few weeks later the buyer is selling it on HF for 1250 British Pound? Although he used to love the Tera products very much he now no longer seem to feel this way since his review got removed from Tera's website.

Please correct me if I read this the wrong way.. Is Charles still alive? I certainly hope so...

Lol that's why he kept promoting it so much :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back