The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
May 12, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #1,966 of 2,897
I think it would be fun to be able to customize stickers for the front cover of the Tera. A Motörhead or COC sticker would be quite fun. I like my Chickenfoot 'light' Tera well enough- peace sells... but who's buying?

May 12, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,967 of 2,897
For those interested you can reach out to Crimsonhides

https://instagram.com/p/BE8kUJ_S2f5/

crimsonhides@gmail.com

The picture is showing the back of the player as the front is left plain allowing you to feel the buttons and operate. There is an opening for the headphone jack at the bottom.

Of course you can select the type of leather and thread color. Collecting it next Monday. Will take some pictures if anyone is interested to see how it looks like with the player.

May 16, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,968 of 2,897

May 16, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #1,970 of 2,897
Very interesting, thanks for posting, what type of leather do they use? Is it soft enough so the player can still be used while inside the case?

Kangaroo leather and yes, it is soft and can be operated without taking the unit out. To charge, just open up the flap.

May 21, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #1,971 of 2,897

Excellent pairing...smooth, musical and lively...been at it for 5 hours while reading my kindle. Simple pleasure.

May 21, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,973 of 2,897
How do you compare Plus5 vs 1plus2.2 ?
Having a hard time deciding which to get for my Tera Player. I want the best one.
Is even harder as i never heard any Tralucent IEM before.

Best is subjective especially since you have not had a chance to audition them...to me Plus5/1+2.2 satisfied my urge to shop-around for a while...
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #1,974 of 2,897
Best is subjective especially since you have not had a chance to audition them...to me Plus5/1+2.2 satisfied my urge to shop-around for a while...:D

Agree. There is excellent synergy there. :)

May 22, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #1,977 of 2,897
For the Tera Player owners: how do you clean your player and have you tried to lubricate the SD card reader?
I use a soft cloth to remove the dust,and make sure there is nothing inside,but starts all the time 100% when the card is inserted.
Fast reading time, music instantly :smiley: happy days.

May 22, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #1,978 of 2,897
For the Tera Player owners: how do you clean your player and have you tried to lubricate the SD card reader?
I use a soft cloth to remove the dust,and make sure there is nothing inside,but starts all the time 100% when the card is inserted.
Fast reading time, music instantly :smiley: happy days.

Yes, as recommended by Charles few drops of Ballistol lubricant into the SD card reader is the way to go (I apply that maybe once a year).
Actually, when my brand new Tera arrived from Charles I could tell it was lubricated with something - he must have used the same thing himself before he shipped it.

May 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #1,980 of 2,897
I need to get some of this special oil just to be safe. I remember when i got mine it came with the oil in,quite a bit, every time i was pulling the card out i could see it.
Very clever and genius what Charles came with,and for sure the oil lubrication works.

I purchased it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ballistol-Multi-Purpose-Cleaner-Protectant-Sprayer/dp/B00A470DQA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back