The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Apr 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #241 of 726
Quote:
Those anti-slip glass protection pads will end my daily bout of adjusting the glass so that it is always straightened with the amplifier! :D

I suppose my WA7 will ship with the pads.  Guess I can return the clear rubber adhesive "nubbins" I got from the local hardware store for the same purpose.

biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #242 of 726
Quote:
The picture from wooaudio.com's website led me to believe that the letters were simply etched into the metal (as shown below). I wonder if they can provide that option instead of white lettering.

It is laser etching. It looks rather grayish in person. It is visible in certain angles. It will result in white when you photograph it in direct flash light.

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #243 of 726
I ordered my silver WA7 on August 4th, and I just got notification that it should be delivered on August 22! I was fearing it would be a good bit longer than 2.5 weeks. This is my first tube headphone amp, and am super pumped. I'll truly get to hear my LCD2.2's for the first time! 
o2smile.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #244 of 726
Quote:
I ordered my silver WA7 on August 4th, and I just got notification that it should be delivered on August 22! I was fearing it would be a good bit longer than 2.5 weeks. This is my first tube headphone amp, and am super pumped. I'll truly get to hear my LCD2.2's for the first time! 
o2smile.gif

April

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #248 of 726
I was with Jack at the NY Headfi meet yesterday and will be reviewing the new Woo WA 7 .   I have the review unit and will post the link in about 4 weeks when my review is complete.

I am very impressed with my early impressions of the WA7. It was a hit at the meet as well.

Apr 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #249 of 726
I am not able to use WASAPI in event mode using Windows 7 64-bit. The provided audio device drivers are installed. I have tried with both foobar2000 and JRiver. Everything is up to date. In JRiver I get the error message: "Playback could not be started on the ouput 'WASAPI - Event Style' using the format '44.1kHz 16bit 2ch'." Then foobar2000 gives the complaint "Unrecoverable playback error: Invalid argument". I have fiddled around a bit with some of the other settings to no avail. However, playback works fine with both players in WASAPI push mode. How is this working out for other Windows 7 users?

Otherwise, everything is great! I will give it more time before a final judgement, but already I can tell a big improvement on the ear fatigue I was getting from the ODAC/O2.

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #250 of 726
Hey, i currently have a fiio e17 on the e09 dock which drives my akg550.
Would an upgrade to the wa7 present any noticeable upgrade in your opinions?? is it an overkill? :) It's just seems like a beautiful piece an engineering that sounds just great..

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #255 of 726
Long story short with IEMs: no noise, pretty good balance (though 2-3 dB between L/R), okay resolution. Low Ω earphones (even with the low switch on the back) are not where the WA7 is best suited. You need more than 80Ω and proper high voltage drivers to get the WA7 to perform best. Even the 350Ω Tzar was a bit much for the WA7 in terms of resolution.

However, this amp is noiseless. Resolution is a wishy washy thing. I doubt many people would really pick it up in regular listening. Distortion goes up but dynamic range stays pretty good even with the likes of Earsonics SM2. It's just that you WILL lose frequency response, channel separation, and get a noticeable uptick in distortion. Saying that, overall the WA7 handles earphones as well as most of its competition. Apart from a noiseless output, it remains pretty average for IEM usage. For headphones, there isn't enough room to really praise it. It's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back