The all new Continental Dual Mono
Feb 24, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,307 of 2,712
So I've joined the Continental Club with a red CDM (and tan Black Star bag).

I've been switching back and forth between my AK380 and my PC and I can't really tell a difference with my custom Laylas. I'm using the balanced output on the AK and USB and A/B testing with the input switch. (I've also A/B tested balanced vs. single ended and tried out two different headphones playing simultaneously. The ability to drive two headphones is huge and switching sources quickly and easily is also a great feature.) 

I can't get it to play with my Note 5, though. I've used the OTG feature with the m9xx, but the CDM is a no-go thus far. I tried the work arounds mentioned earlier in the thread, but to no avail. I can't seem to find an ALSA driver to run. This might be what pushes me to root a device.

Other than that, the CDM sounds fantastic straight from the box.

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #1,309 of 2,712
Im running my HE500 on balanced out from the CDM. I find them really enjoyable.

Single Ended dont have enough power or volume for them though.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #1,310 of 2,712
I've been using the CDM in combination with the Cayin N5 DAP and the Hifiman Edition-X
Without the CM, the X sounds a bit too focused on high mids and treble, the CDM gives it more body in bass and mids and makes it a lot more enjoyable

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,311 of 2,712
Anyone running 64 Audio U12 or A12 with the CDM?

I'd love some feedback :)

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,312 of 2,712
Anyone tried with HD 650? I have a portable I'm very happy with (Calyx M), but looking for something small for desktop use. I imagine it will pair well with Campfire Jupiter which I'm also using, but want something with the ability to drive the 650s. I'm also interested in the Dual Mono aspect and dipping a toe into the balanced world. Anyone with 650 experience please share. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,313 of 2,712
  Anyone tried with HD 650? I have a portable I'm very happy with (Calyx M), but looking for something small for desktop use. I imagine it will pair well with Campfire Jupiter which I'm also using, but want something with the ability to drive the 650s. I'm also interested in the Dual Mono aspect and dipping a toe into the balanced world. Anyone with 650 experience please share. 

no 650 experience, but I ran HD800 yesterday with my CDM and it was the very first time I really enjoyed the Senn for the entire listening period. guess power won't be an issue. ran it SE on high gain, fyi.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,314 of 2,712
I know one of this days I will join the CDM club, everytime I listen to it I wonder why I havent owned this but I really dont want to enter the tube rolling world, it is just another expensive distraction from music. 

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,316 of 2,712

I've tried cdm and hd650 balanced. Se, was normal and I wasn't happy with the volume even on high gain. but balanced, hd650 shines. Very good and scales well.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #1,318 of 2,712
Have it, love it. I got some sonotones to replace the stock tubes. U12 sounds awesome through the cdm.

Thanks a lot :)

Now I need to check that tube rolling video, I think it involves soldering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back