The all new Continental Dual Mono
Sep 13, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #976 of 2,712
there is a third party case in Japan that alo linked to on their FB (those guys are always on it with personal audio out there, maybe Nathan can hook you up). Official would be good though as can be tighter design

Thanks for the tip. I just checked it out but it's not my style
rolleyes.gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #977 of 2,712

Hey Guys,

USB3 is also is backwards compatible so it should not matter. I have spent a lot of time working with Cmedia on this issue and they can not get the CDM to not connect to any of the Mac machines to confirm any connectivity issue, nor can I. Mine is a newer MB Pro but we also have some older ones here as well. I cant seem to get further support from Cmedia here since they are unable to observe the problem of it not connecting. I think there is some software issue going on in individual machines? We test and load firmware on each CDM here so they all pass connectivity tests before leaving.

Ken

Hey Ken/Vinnie,

My CDM is now having issue on connecting to a Mac.  

Originally, I was using my CDM on a 13" Retina MacBook Pro (w/ Mavericks) - no problems at all.  That computer was a loaner while my other was on repair.  I've just switched back to my 'real' computer - a 15" Retina MacBook Pro (with Yosemite).  

Now the device won't work at all.  Just like the others have noted... it's invisible to the machine, and (for my use) totally unusable.

What is the fix from Cmedia?

thx.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #978 of 2,712
Hey Ken/Vinnie,

Originally, I was using my CDM on a 13" Retina MacBook Pro (w/ Mavericks) - no problems at all.  That computer was a loaner while my other was on repair.  I've just switched back to my 'real' computer - a 15" Retina MacBook Pro (with Yosemite).  

Now the device won't work at all.  Just like the others have noted... it's invisible to the machine, and (for my use) totally unusable.

thx.

Try El Capitan and it will work. Worked for me.

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #979 of 2,712

thx
Try El Capitan and it will work. Worked for me.

Thx, cj.  I'll check into it.  Since this is my work machine, I can't afford to try a Beta.  Looks like the full version of El Cap is avail Sept 30th - 2 weeks without music?!  :frowning2:

You like El Cap for other features, too?  I've heard nothing but good reviews so far...

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #980 of 2,712

Hey Ken/Vinnie,

thx.

Hey Laserjock,

I am sorry its not connecting on your main Mac. 

We are still talking with Cmedia, they still can not replicate the problem. I am trying to send them a Mac Mini that is having the same problem and am hoping if they can witness the non connection then they can find a solution. Thats is where we are at now with this. Otherwise its been tough because I cant replicate it here or there.

Stand by.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 13, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #981 of 2,712
thx

Thx, cj.  I'll check into it.  Since this is my work machine, I can't afford to try a Beta.  Looks like the full version of El Cap is avail Sept 30th - 2 weeks without music?!  :frowning2:

You like El Cap for other features, too?  I've heard nothing but good reviews so far...

No issues other than the occasional lag on a browser for me.

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #983 of 2,712
there is a third party case in Japan that alo linked to on their FB (those guys are always on it with personal audio out there, maybe Nathan can hook you up). Official would be good though as can be tighter design

mmm....looks like a nice leather case but the case I was referring to is the actual metal case of the CDM. I'd love to get my hands on the black CDM metal body so I can swap it with my silver metal body, as the mood strikes. Black and other colors or finishes?

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #984 of 2,712
  Hey Laserjock,

I am sorry its not connecting on your main Mac. 

We are still talking with Cmedia, they still can not replicate the problem. I am trying to send them a Mac Mini that is having the same problem and am hoping if they can witness the non connection then they can find a solution. Thats is where we are at now with this. Otherwise its been tough because I cant replicate it here or there.

Stand by.

Ken

Thanks, Ken.

So, I've found the same thing that others have seen:  The CDM does not work natively with (i.e. directly plugged into) my Mac, but when plugged into a USB hub (in this case, my Thunderbolt display) seems to work again.  

FYI - I'm having this problem on a 2013 Retina MacBook Pro with a fresh instal of Yosemite on it.  I do hope El Capitan straightens things up.  I've got a bazillion other USB DACs and devices around - never had this problem before.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #985 of 2,712

Thanks, Ken.

So, I've found the same thing that others have seen:  The CDM does not work natively with (i.e. directly plugged into) my Mac, but when plugged into a USB hub (in this case, my Thunderbolt display) seems to work again.  

FYI - I'm having this problem on a 2013 Retina MacBook Pro with a fresh instal of Yosemite on it.  I do hope El Capitan straightens things up.  I've got a bazillion other USB DACs and devices around - never had this problem before.

Yeah, this has been driving Ken and team a bit bonkers. I have had some issues with CMedia compatibility on the PC side as well. Luckily on the Mac side it seems like everyone who has upgraded to El Capitan has gotten it to work. Good luck!

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #986 of 2,712

Thanks, Ken.

Last email I received Cmedia thinks "We suspect is the USB3.0 driver not updated."

I am not quit e sure about this, I am awaiting more info..

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #987 of 2,712
As discussed a bit earlier in this thread (I believe) I ordered a cable from Luna Shops to allow me to play the CDM through HP's using a 4-pin XLR balanced cable (my LCD-3F's). 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251932019417?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=550807380975&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just got the cable today and am using it to play my LCD's through the 2.5mm balanced output port of the CDM and it works great! Great cable for only $30, although it takes a while to get here from China. I also got one in 3.5mm TRRS for when my Geek Wave eventually shows up. 

Cheers

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #989 of 2,712

mmm....and this makes 3 in this thread, the Sony NW ZX2 (as transport) + CDM (with DAC and amp activated) fans club. Again, thanks @sonickarma . We owe you. Beer? Trip to Hawaii? The Pink iPhone 6+ S??? Anything,  buddy. 

Cool welcome to the club - glad I could help. 
Just send good karma mate - that's all I need - everything material I want I already have
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back