The all new Continental Dual Mono
Jun 6, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #256 of 2,704
it looks big, and beautiful. it's very hard to me to choose between DAP and CDM. if I choose DAP, that might be zx2 cause I love streaming. but the CDM+iphone combo also looks great i think. give me some advice guys!

Iphone + IEMs... which you seem to have already. So for the money you go full throttle WWW (wine, wodka & women)
I'm pretty sure you wont get any better advice than that :wink:

Jun 7, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #257 of 2,704
Iphone + IEMs... which you seem to have already. So for the money you go full throttle WWW (wine, wodka & women)
I'm pretty sure you wont get any better advice than that
wink.gif

my WWW are whiskey, watches, & women 
wink_face.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #259 of 2,704
Wont mind any of your www-s either
smily_headphones1.gif

But lets not sidetrack too far. When is the first preorder batch supposed to be delivered?

maybe a more relevant W is how this compares to the Woo Audio WA8. I'm hearing that the WA8 is going to be priced at Hugo levels though. Good luck to ALO 

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #260 of 2,704
Well I'm not into Watches, (and not much yet) into Wine and Woo audio, so my 3 W's are:
Wonderful electronic music, WTF quality headphones and young Women (in that order).

All these acronyms like DAP throw us off sometimes so it's nice if we can spell it out for any newbies... oh yeah Digital Audio Player. That's one good point about the CDM is that you need two devices. It's a tradeoff for that extra good sonic performance. For me though, as valuable as the CDM is I would only take it out for special occasion, mostly using it for my home rig.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #262 of 2,704
  mmm......anyone received theirs yet? How is it in real-world listening? I am awaiting mine this week. According to our local dealer here, it should be here by this week.

Here's a post from Ken on the topic.

HI all,

So the pin out is the same as what iRiver is using for their amps, so yes.

Update on progress - so it looks like we are going to be delayed a week or so on the release. The boards are coming off the production line a lot slower that we had anticipated so we are not looking at mid to late June. I apologize for the delay. I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks

Ken

If we take it as quoted then we might see them in early July. If it was a typo and that meant to read "now" then we should be seeing them start delivering in the next couple of weeks.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #264 of 2,704
  If I use the CDM (Grado RS1) with Tidal on my macbook or IPhone will I always get some background noise?

Do you mean noise in the signal or outside interference noise? Since the RS1 are open you'll always get some outside noise but the CDM was near silent with my sensitive CIEMs.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #265 of 2,704
mmm.....I had the Grado RS2 for a good while  and they are not specially susceptible to background hiss or noise from the amp/dacs that I've had. Same with my laptop (as source). As for CDM, my guess is it won't be a source of noise/background hiss. As for your cellphone as source, it could be a source of interference (it uses radio signals). Is the CDM well-shielded (from EMI)? Not sure.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #266 of 2,704
  mmm.....I had the Grado RS2 for a good while  and they are not specially susceptible to background hiss or noise from the amp/dacs that I've had. Same with my laptop (as source). As for CDM, my guess is it won't be a source of noise/background hiss. As for your cellphone as source, it could be a source of interference (it uses radio signals). Is the CDM well-shielded (from EMI)? Not sure.

Hi Guys,

Grados are sensitive headphones and you will want to use on low gain, you should not hear any noise floor hiss on low gain. I tried mine with a pair of Grado PS500s and hear no hiss....

If you use your phone as a source I recommend putting it in airplane mode or having it placed further away from the amp to avoid TDMA noise. I have found that depending on your cell service or network you will pick up these cell TDMA noises to a degree.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 16, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #269 of 2,704
  Hi Guys,

Grados are sensitive headphones and you will want to use on low gain, you should not hear any noise floor hiss on low gain. I tried mine with a pair of Grado PS500s and hear no hiss....

If you use your phone as a source I recommend putting it in airplane mode or having it placed further away from the amp to avoid TDMA noise. I have found that depending on your cell service or network you will pick up these cell TDMA noises to a degree.

Thanks

Ken

mmm...that's good to know. It is one less issue to worry about (unlike the noisy Theorem 720). Can't wait to get my CDM. After that, it looks like my PanAm will be gathering dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back