The all new Continental Dual Mono
Dec 21, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #2,493 of 2,712
EF2A554A-65BF-406E-A2EC-76D74A4FFA7D.jpeg

Mullard EC1000. Has been ordered on Ebay. I have soldered it on green PCB. There is a little bit different on pin map, that is why I have cut out valve pin N1 and soldered top pin to saved contact on green PCB.
https://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_ec1000.html

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #2,495 of 2,712
First impression - I am disappointed by this tubes. The sound itself thin and flat in comparison with Sonotone tubes. Right channel has some kind of distortion. Maybe bad soldering work. Will try to rework soldering, but I don’t pin my hopes on that.
It's too bad ! it's always a good try man :thumbsup:
you should try the Russian tubes, they are really impressive power .. speak 'in with "elvispreasley" here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-all-new-continental-dual-mono.760478/page-166
looking forward to rereading your new essays :clap:

Dec 24, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #2,497 of 2,712
Well, the Christmas is coming and I feel like my house is missing some illumination...which might be compensated with nice, warm glow of CDM tubes) So if you have one for sale for reasonable price - please, write me PM
Welcome to the club again! Your CDM’ s review written year ago was one of the reasons for purchase of that amazing device. I wish you to find mint condition affordable CDM. Good luck!

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #2,499 of 2,712
Can't say that I'm missing CDM big time as I moved to way different and way more interesting stationary setup. However I wouldn't mind to get one - to bring back sweet memories that I have about this device)
Meantime, until there is no offers yet, I placed an order on CDM's "chinese nephew" - little bear b4-x dual mono. We'll see how it's gonna sound for its "under 100$" price range)

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #2,501 of 2,712
:thinking: for my part, I had the opportunity to taste it, how to do without, my CDM is still in maintenance and it is not impossible that before its return I try to buy one other to wait !!! we will see next year ........ :wink:

Best wishes to ALO and to us who love them :L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back