The all new Continental Dual Mono
Nov 13, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #2,701 of 2,704
Very interesting, i wasn't aware the CDM doesn't have an internal charging circuit. Out of curiosity, are you using the iPower2 because you don't have the stock charger or because you feel it is better?
I use the iPower2 when I'm not using batteries as I haven't noticed any degradation in sound quality compared to the battery. In addition, this is a power supply unit and in general it is created for this purpose. I would prefer to use something else for charging, as it needs a charge indicator and the iPower2 doesn't have one.

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #2,702 of 2,704
I use the iPower2 when I'm not using batteries as I haven't noticed any degradation in sound quality compared to the battery. In addition, this is a power supply unit and in general it is created for this purpose. I would prefer to use something else for charging, as it needs a charge indicator and the iPower2 doesn't have one.
Got it. Maybe the iPower2 has an advantage over the stock charger based on the specs; 1.5A (stock) vs 1.8A (iPower2).

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #2,703 of 2,704
Got it. Maybe the iPower2 has an advantage over the stock charger based on the specs; 1.5A (stock) vs 1.8A (iPower2).
As far as working with an external source, it's not a big difference. iPower2 provides almost the same as the stock charger. A little better, and obviously stable. Or they can be compared to a battery in a state close to full charge. Because during discharge, the voltage drops from a maximum of 12.6 to 9.8V at the battery output. iPower2 instead provides a stable 12V pure current.

And it is not much different in terms of charging. I have a battery level indicator in the CDM and the stock charger charges it to 82%. iPower2 up to 89%. It's not that big of a difference. The maximum charge I reached was 92%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back