the album that's always there for you
Jan 8, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 125
Blackwater+Park.jpg

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #17 of 125
Tricky, I have at least 3 or 4 albums I fall back on. Curtis Mayfield or K-os? Nope, it's James Brown & The JBs with the 2003 remastered 'In The Jungle Groove.'
smily_headphones1.gif
I could easily add Coldplay to the list.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #18 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to me that even though I try as I might to expand my music library, I always fall back to Pink Floyd. They made five brilliant albums in a row from Meddle to The Wall. Of those, Meddle is the album I continue to reach for. Echoes just has a unique way of transporting me to another place.

I have to say that Meddle is probably my favorite PF album, and an album I reach for often, especially when I'm bored with other stuff. It's basically the dividing line between early Floyd and the concept album Floyd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by progo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I was coming to suggest "Obscured by Clouds" as a fall-back album. It's so beautiful and easy to listen to.

The forgotten PF record. I think "Childhoods End" is a great tune, and should have been on the Echoes: Best of PF album.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #19 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eva Cassidy - Live at Blues Alley

Really nice choice.

For me, it would probably be "Comes a Time" by Neil Young. I don't reach for it too often these days, but it's always a chilled out pleasure cruise when I do.

"Waiting for Columbus" by Little Feat also comes to mind, but more for the late 70's flashback that it gives me than for the music itself at times. It reminds me of high school and the satisfaction that I got by discovering it before anyone else did.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #21 of 125
Steve Tibbetts - YR has done it for me since I first heard it in 83. Zappa's Grand Wazoo and a really crappily recorded Vivaldi album come in close. The Vivaldi has 3 concertos, flute, bassoon, and 2 clarinets. They're all albums that instantly put me in a good mood.

Quote:

And I was coming to suggest "Obscured by Clouds" as a fall-back album. It's so beautiful and easy to listen to.

Wow, I've never heard anyone speak of Obscured by Clouds like this. I haven't listened to it for over 20 years. Maybe I'll have to get it out.
icon10.gif
Back in the 80s, I saw The Valley, the movie it's the soundtrack for. Awful movie.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #22 of 125
Quote:

An excellent album that sadly doesn't get as much of my listening time as it really deserves.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #23 of 125
maritstor.jpg

Its not much, but this album is magical at least to me. Everytime when I haven't heard of it for a long time (few weeks or months) and all of the sudden I hear it again it feels brand new, different impression of what is hidden under the lyrics. It's like the album name speaks for itself

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #26 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Abbey Road ......................The Beatles were at the end of the road .........this album is there for you when you are at the end of the road.

YOU just can not pass up that LP....agree! agree! REDCARMOOSE....But I also turn to My MO-FI edition of "EAT A PEACH" the allman bros.band......

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #27 of 125
2Pac Greatest Hits

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #28 of 125
David Bowie: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust (and the Spiders from Mars)

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #29 of 125
Ray LaMontagne - Trouble

I might request to have this CD buried with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back